Finally have new site up...

Guest TJones8611

Guest TJones8611

Its been a while since my last posting, as it seems Ive been shooting more with a Canon versus the Sig lately. With the developing interest in the new hobby, over the last couple of weeks Ive been working on website for my photography, which will include many scenic places throughout our awesome state! Check out the website and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.sjonesphotography.com/

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TJones8611

Thanks guys! Im looking to photograph some black bears in the coming months? Is it to late in the year, would they be more active in the early spring?

Thanks guys! Im looking to photograph some black bears in the coming months? Is it to late in the year, would they be more active in the early spring?
2 weeks ago i saw one in a dumpster in Banner Elk, NC...4 days later I saw one on the side of 11w in surgoinsville...
Guest BEARMAN

Cades Cove, or SMNP may be the best place to photograph a bear...outside of the park, there is a bear hunt going on right now, so the pickin's might be slim.

However, if you do go outside the park right now, I would highly advise you to wear a blaze orange vest and cap...just so you don't draw fire from the deer/bear hunters. Not saying they would...just saying they could, and stranger things have happened.

Knowing this, TJones, spring might be a better option for you (April, May, June) after they have had a chance to emerge from their dens.

Oh, btw, I would also highly recommend a can of oc bear spray...just in case they get "too close" for comfort.

You can usually find it on ebay for cheap.

Good luck...post pics!

Guest TJones8611

Thanks Bearman, dont want to interfere with the huners, so probably will wait till next year.

One favor for all that read this, Im having trouble with the webpage and the facebook like button at the bottom of the home page. I have reset it, and hopefully now it is working. But...for those that are on FB also, can you test the like button at the bottom of the website (www.sjonesphotography.com). You can dislike later if you wish, not trying to muster up a bunch of likes, but do need to ensure it is working correctly.

THANKS!!!