1911 IWB Holster

I'm looking for suggestions for a good IWB holster for a mil-spec 1911A1. Price is not much of an issue as I'm already going to have to save some money up before I get one, I don't mind saving a little more for a pricier holster if it's what I want. I just wanted some opinions from people who had experience in the matter, and if anybody has one they want to sell I'll certainly look into it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using a new holster called a "Sticky Holster" it works great for 25.00. I have holsters from $35-150 . This thing stays in place. Only in a pair of gym pants

it shifted once. I have driven, ran, jumped, bend over and sat with no issues. No clips ,snaps slots needed. Works in all positions in and out as needed.

I don't work for them. just truly impressed with the convenience of this product. I got to buy it locally so had plenty of time to check it out. I'm getting another one for my smaller pistols

Sticky Holsters - Redefining Concealment

Edited by R1100R
Spelling
I was interested in the Brommeland Maxcon V. Any comparisons between the 2? They're at around the same price.

I've almost bought a Brommeland a couple of times, but had some drawbacks to me.

First, he coats the thing with some sort of acrylic, makes it so hard it might as well be kydex.

Two, it's a sealed muzzle design, not open, I don't like that, bound to build up crud down in there.

And three, the one I tried for my XD was ridiculously tight, couldn't even get it in to start. I know some makers make you work your gun into them and all, but this was like trying to squeeze a hippo into a tutu, just absurdly tight.

- OS

• Administrator

Back when Joe and I were trying to get the Guns & Gear Expo off the ground I had invited Brommeland to be a vendor at the show. To put it short, the guy was a total dick. I'll carry my gun by duct taping it to my testicles before I ever give him any of my money. YMMV.

Back when Joe and I were trying to get the Guns & Gear Expo off the ground I had invited Brommeland to be a vendor at the show. To put it short, the guy was a total dick. I'll carry my gun by duct taping it to my testicles before I ever give him any of my money. YMMV.

Plenty of negative comments about him on gun forums through the years.

Only reason I had hands on was that Coal Creek used to be the exclusive dealer for him, only place you could get one off the shelf without waiting for a year or whatever.

- OS

Guest Halfpint

I carry both a 4" and a full-size in a Mitch Rosen ARG (standard version), right above my wallet. Anybody who's met me knows I'm not exactly huge . . . 5'4, 150, and physically fit . . . and I can hide either of them under a T-shirt.