The Wussification of America? Reason? Possibly....

Guest mikedwood

Guest mikedwood

Over the years I have heard a lot of people talk about America turning into a bunch of sissy's and wondering why. Most blame it on liberalism.

I previously thought there was possibly a genetic cause, possibly media brainwashing. Still yet in my mind it is happening and has to be rooted in science.

But could this be the reason?

Hormone-Mimics In Plastic Water Bottles Act As Functional Estrogens

The headline actually should read something more like "Plastic mimics estrogen hormone" cause from what reading I have done on it says it's all plastics. Now I'm scared of plastics but there isn't much way to get away from it. Meat, chips and almost everything we can easily get food wise is wrapped in plastic.

Also

Drink your water in glass, not plastic

So what you guys think, while you are still guys?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drink from a can....or a long neck bottle.

I also think all the advancement in technology, and creature comforts have made us weaker. This summer my AC went out, as documented on here, and my house got up to 90-92 degrees, and it was hard to live in. The thing I kept thinking about was that this is how my parents, grandparents, etc use to live, they didn't have AC and if they did, it was a window unit, or they used a fan. My grandfathers house had a window unit, that he would only use for a little while in the early evenings, that's it. Fans the rest of the time.

I thought about this, this weekend while camping at Shiloh, we were talking about cold weather camping, it was in the 40's and actually quite nice. Me and my son, 2 years ago, camped out at Camp Macmorris in Camden TN and it got down to 27 degrees (got the polar bear patch). Several were saying, I wouldn't want to camp when it's that cold, and stuff like that. It actually wasn't bad, to me it was quite refreshing. I say this, and have been thinking about this because what happens if our creature comforts go away, that if the economy fails, society fails and we have to revert back to a more minimalistic style of lifestyle, from cooking over fire, actually cooking food that is not processed, precooked, or microwaved, keeping warm by fire, staying cool without AC. I think a large portion of society has grown soft and will not survive, without massive intervention. Most people don't even know how to shoot a gun let alone hunt.

I've made the joke, I'm surprised we die because of all the chemicals and preservatives that we eat! There is no telling the links between our environment, our health, our mental state, etc.

Sickness = Hand sanitizer.

Here's my theory, others have said this as well. I think, as a society, that we are sicker because of this obsession of hand cleaning with hand sanitizers and other types of soaps that kill everything, that in my opinion, kill off the good stuff that naturally fights the bad too. We are sicker, with small stuff like colds, because we wash our hands too much. I was in the bathroom the other day, and this guy was in one of the urinals, he finishes, I finish and go wash my hands, he is washing his hands, like a surgeon, he drys off and is walking to the door and is doing everything he can not to touch the handle, he's using his wet paper towels, using his foot, trying to throw his paper towels away, but still holding the door with his foot, hopping a bit so that he doesn't lose his balance etc. I'm laughing at this guy. I get washing your hands after you do your business, and I realize door knobs probably have the most germs on them, but damn if I'm going to be that paranoid and a germ a-phobe. I've seen kids where their moms buy the hand sanitizer by the gallon with the pump dispenser and every few minutes she is pumping them full of it, they get as sick, if not more, than the ones that don't.

Some of us, our parents, grandparents use to eat rare food, a little pink in the pork or chicken, hamburger meat was fine, close enough, I love a nice thick juicy burger that is a little pink in the middle, but you can't eat that stuff today, our systems won't handle it, we use to could.

Guest mikedwood
Sickness = Hand sanitizer.

Here's my theory, others have said this as well. I think, as a society, that we are sicker because of this obsession of hand cleaning with hand sanitizers and other types of soaps that kill everything, that in my opinion, kill off the good stuff that naturally fights the bad too. We are sicker, with small stuff like colds, because we wash our hands too much. I was in the bathroom the other day, and this guy was in one of the urinals, he finishes, I finish and go wash my hands, he is washing his hands, like a surgeon, he drys off and is walking to the door and is doing everything he can not to touch the handle, he's using his wet paper towels, using his foot, trying to throw his paper towels away, but still holding the door with his foot, hopping a bit so that he doesn't lose his balance etc. I'm laughing at this guy. I get washing your hands after you do your business, and I realize door knobs probably have the most germs on them, but damn if I'm going to be that paranoid and a germ a-phobe. I've seen kids where their moms buy the hand sanitizer by the gallon with the pump dispenser and every few minutes she is pumping them full of it, they get as sick, if not more, than the ones that don't.

Some of us, our parents, grandparents use to eat rare food, a little pink in the pork or chicken, hamburger meat was fine, close enough, I love a nice thick juicy burger that is a little pink in the middle, but you can't eat that stuff today, our systems won't handle it, we use to could.

Yeah I agree. From what I understand the natural immune system uses small amounts of bacteria and viruses to train on and builds a tolerence for us.

Keeping everything spotless and close to zero bacteria reduces the chance for the immune system to build tolerences until it's to late.

Also the anti bacteria stuff kills most but if the strongest survives and then replicates it runs the chance of getting stronger yet still in future generations and then you have a super bacterica like streptococcus strains.

So yeah I agree.

Michael Savage was talking about some study a few years ago that suggested soy products have that synthetic estrogen effect too. Soy burgers in school lunches, tofu, etc. I don't think the study ever had a lot of praise during peer reviews, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not true.

Guest FiddleDog

i think it may have more to do with the fact that, as kids, a lot of the character building things that we needed and got from our folks and other grownups was more of a tough love sort of thing. Nowadays, those same things are pretty much done away with...used to be, if I needed a whoopin, any and all of my folks friends and teachers were empowered to give them by my parents. Can't do that these days.

Also....Evian.....naive spelled backwards...concidence? I think not.

Michael Savage was talking about some study a few years ago that suggested soy products have that synthetic estrogen effect too. Soy burgers in school lunches, tofu, etc. I don't think the study ever had a lot of praise during peer reviews, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not true.

My wife and I researched the anti-soy theory extensively when she was pregnant with our son. She has a milk allergy and we were concerned that my son may inherit it. We couldn't find any credible evidence that soy is harmful. It turns out he doesn't have the allergy, so he's on regular milk, but we talked to multiple physicians and while there is a lot of anti-soy noise, we are convinced it is perfectly safe.

Once, when I was in the USAF, I was on a Marine base using the bathroom at the NCO Club. Standing next to me at the other urinal was a Marine. He finished before me and was washing his hands as I started to walk out. He looks up at me in the mirror and said, "You know, Airman, in the Marine Corps we're taught to wash our hands after we go to the bathroom!". I said to him, "well, Marine, in the Air Force we're taught to not piss all over our hands"! You'd think I pissed on his mother, LMAO. Apparently, some Marines don't have a sense of humor!

Edited by barewoolf
while there is a lot of anti-soy noise, we are convinced it is perfectly safe.

Tens of millions of Chinese, Thai, Malay, Japanese & Buddhists can't be wrong :rolleyes:

I'm convinced it's the hygeine thing. Parents are too quick to mollycoddle & cotton-wool wrap their kids. Let 'em play with dirt & eat worms & they'll grow up to be big & strong. Sanitize & wash them every five minutes & they'll grow up allergic to everything!

As a thirty-something, when I was a kid no-one had ever heard of wheat/gluten/dairy/nut allergies etc.... These days it seems that there's an allergy for everything!

Robtattoo you said it perfectly. Kids should get dirty, beat up and get in trouble eating a worm or two wont kill ya it just builds muscle they are

pure protien...Its simple parents need to quit raising kids to be wusses.

This is the reason I punch my younguns at least once a day just to make them tough.....Just joking....

Once, when I was in the USAF, I was on a Marine base using the bathroom at the NCO Club. Standing next to me at the other urinal was a Marine. He finished before me and was washing his hands as I started to walk out. He looks up at me in the mirror and said, "You know, Airman, in the Marine Corps we're taught to wash our hands after we go to the bathroom!". I said to him, "well, Marine, in the Air Force we're taught to not piss all over our hands"! You'd think I pissed on his mother, LMAO. Apparently, some Marines don't have a sense of humor!

Who said the Air Force didn't have a sence of humor! :koolaid:

I think it has always been based on liberalism. I doubt the chemical effect is doing it,

but I'm not a chemist.

Liberal/ progressive policies like the dumbing down in our classrooms, destruction of the family unit,

encouragement of abortions, encouragement of gays, destruction of a values based society, etc.,

have all had an effect on our lives. Not a good one, either. This stuff has been silently creeping in

our society for decades, in small doses and slowly increasing the dose as time goes by. You hardly

even notice it and it's effects until it is too late. It is liberalism, without a doubt. Study up on

Marxism and see what kind of society is desired in that political structure.

I wash my hands after I whiz, but that sanitary cleaner is for someone else. I get the biggest kick

when a conductor gets on the train and starts wiping everything down inside the cab. Asking me

if I want one of his wipes, I politely decline and chuckle. It seems like the ones using those wipes

are the ones getting sick all the time, where I work, anyway.

Guest mustangdave

As a thirty-something, when I was a kid no-one had ever heard of wheat/gluten/dairy/nut allergies etc.... These days it seems that there's an allergy for everything!

I right there with you...and I'ma 50 sumthin....if on the off chance you had an allergy...it was usually hay-fever....never heard of lactose intolerance until I married my first wife. Whatever happened to "tough it out"...and deal with it

Guest Old goat

I live in the woods with my wife, daughter, two big house dogs, another dog outside, two cats, a horse, possums and coons on the porch at night. Lots of dirt and germs and mold and fungus and every other mean ugly nasty thing around to keep our systems working all the time, I should live for ever.

...Robtattoo you said it perfectly. Kids should get dirty, beat up and get in trouble eating a worm or two wont kill ya it just builds muscle they are

pure protien...Its simple parents need to quit raising kids to be wusses.

This is the reason I punch my younguns at least once a day just to make them tough.....Just joking....

This is the answer!!! Dont worry about the water and the soy; worry about the "weenies" and agents of the liberal "intelligencia" taking away the little boy's capguns, trucks, boxing gloves and bulldozers; and the little girl's dolls.

Also, parents; dont let these effeminate weenies win the war for the mind. The fact is that you have a right to play in the dirt, play "army", play "cowboys and indians", self defense, outrage at bullying (...accompanied with the appropriate fisticuffs if needed...), swinging on grapevines, playing with dolls, play football, play baseball, and make mudpies if you like.

Every boy in this country should be given a copy of Jeff Cooper's book "To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Tell the Truth"; and ever little girl should watch the "Princess Diaries" with their mom and read a copy of "Little Women".

Lastly, parents, dont act like a "wuss" and most likely your kids wont either.

Leroy

Don't forget the Dangerous Book for Boys. Lots of neat projects in there. It's not disimilar to older Boy Scout field manuals. Now if you can get your hands on some of those old manuals, you have a veritable How-To book for raising manly men who are chock full of character, values, and self-sufficiency.