Finally got my Carry Permit... woohoo!

Guest failuredrill

Guest failuredrill

Feels good to be able to carry legally, just hope Analog Kidd knows what it feels like too! :(

Gotta say I like that little extra "piece" of mind on my hip!

Only took about 30 days or so after I got printed.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure is a lot faster now days.IIRC my first time took about 6 months and I had to be fingerprinted twice.And then 2 years after I had my permit I had to go back and be fingerprinted a 3rd time.I never did find out why that was.

Feels good to be able to carry legally, just hope Analog Kidd knows what it feels like too! :lol:

Gotta say I like that little extra "piece" of mind on my hip!

Only took about 30 days or so after I got printed.

Nope mine didn't come in today. :(

I did my paperwork and printing on Dec 6. FailureDrill did his paperwork that day too, but waited a week for the printing. Not sure why his came first.

I called on Monday to get an update, and the woman on the phone said that it had just been approved and was being sent for printing that day. She said to expect it in a week or two.

I have a theory that the applications all come in and get stacked up on someone's desk somewhere. When they get around to processing some, they pull from the top opf the stack, which are the most recent ones.

Oh well, it will be here soon. Then I too can make the initiation journey to Wally's place with the faint bulge on my hip. :koolaid:

Guest jcramin

SO where do you call to check the status of the permit ?

J

Nope mine didn't come in today. :lol:

I did my paperwork and printing on Dec 6. FailureDrill did his paperwork that day too, but waited a week for the printing. Not sure why his came first.

I called on Monday to get an update, and the woman on the phone said that it had just been approved and was being sent for printing that day. She said to expect it in a week or two.

I have a theory that the applications all come in and get stacked up on someone's desk somewhere. When they get around to processing some, they pull from the top opf the stack, which are the most recent ones.

Oh well, it will be here soon. Then I too can make the initiation journey to Wally's place with the faint bulge on my hip. :koolaid:

Handgun Carry Permits

1150 Foster Avenue

Nashville, TN 37243

(615) 251-8590

I was finger printed on the 21 of Dec, I called yesterday and they said I was issued on Jan 28th which was the day before and that I should get mine within 7 to 14 days.

This is one of the hardest things I have had to wait and watch for, I wonder why?

Well I am not holding my breath if you did your paperwork and prints in mid Nov, cause I didn't do my paperwork until Dec 20 and fingerprinting the next day. I probably still have quite a wait. When I called them she did tell me that I was issued on the 28th of Jan and that I should get it in 7 to 14 days. *shrug* Guess we will see!

Edited by Guns&Dobes
Guest jcramin

She just called and they said hers was issued on Jan 25th and she should get it with in 2 weeks of that date.

J

My wife did her paper work on Dec 13th and got finger printed on Dec 14th and she has not received her permit yet either.

J

Guest Scottech

Received mine right at 30 days. Of course if you have anything on your record it could take longer. Since I've only lived in TN since 2000...my record was clean...BWAHAHAHA!:P

Oh and congrats!

Edited by Scottech
I received mine almost a month ago now, but I can't really use it while stuck at college for 4 months....

Well at least the campus is a gun free zone......right:rolleyes: