Ordered two CZ 82s today from SOG

Guest smileyguy
Sorry to ask a naiive question, but who/what is SOG? I'm liking these little beauties.

Gray

Southern Ohio Gun. They carry a number of surplus firearms as well as some new. You can no longer view their firearms without first logging in.

As far as the CZ-82s go, best value for a firearm period! The recoil spring on mine was a little weak. An extra power Wolff spring makes these smooth as butter.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

they are great little guns and i will carry mine sometimes. i got mine from aim bfore they sold out. i hope they get more in. i buy from sog but i think aim grades them alittle better sometimes.if they say it is in excellent shape than it will be .

I've gotten to where I really dislike the finish on mine. I'm trying to figure out a cheap option for refinishing that doesn't include me doing it myself. There are just too many chips in it for my liking and I really want to cover over the import mark.

I've gotten to where I really dislike the finish on mine. I'm trying to figure out a cheap option for refinishing that doesn't include me doing it myself. There are just too many chips in it for my liking and I really want to cover over the import mark.

A guy over on the KelTec site sent his off to be hard chromed and put wood grips on it. From the pics he posted, that thing looks gorgeous - you'd never guess it was once a commie surplus gun. The mags in the pics he posted look chromed, too, but I don't know if he had them done or bought some kind of aftermarket mags.

I hope it is kosher to post a link to that thread here. I'm not trying to pull traffic away to another site but words can't convey how much of a difference those changes made:

KTOG Forum - CZ-82 Hard Chrome

Wow. That actually looks really good. i want a black finish though. I wonder if I should get him to blue it.

I don't know anything about the shop where he sent it. I just thought this, particular pistol looked great. I'm lucky in that the 82 I bought recently has a pretty nice finish on it - and I kind of prefer a black or blued finish in most cases, too - but that hard chromed look sure is tempting me. In fact, I am not looking for another CZ82 but if I just tripped across an uncommonly good deal and had the coin to spend, I might be tempted to buy one with a really bad finish just to have that done.

I am also wondering where Think About It got the beautiful wood grips in the pic he posted on the first page of the thread.

Guest Drewsett

You figure something out, let me know, mkay? I've been looking into options myself, best thing I can find is to pay someone $100 to parkerize it for me...and that's pretty much half of what I paid for the gun.

You figure something out, let me know, mkay? I've been looking into options myself, best thing I can find is to pay someone $100 to parkerize it for me...and that's pretty much half of what I paid for the gun.

Will do. I'm not opposed to spending that much but only if they are gonna blast it first and then finish it. I'll eventually figure something out.

Will do. I'm not opposed to spending that much but only if they are gonna blast it first and then finish it. I'll eventually figure something out.

I couldn't find any refinishing services that were cheap enough for my liking so I decided to kinda take matters into my own hands. I started thinking about my body shop. Now before you laugh too hard, let me explain.

I have been using the same body shop for a long time and consider the owner and his son, the painter to be friends. They are also gun guys like myself. After talking to them, they decided that they wanted to try it out and see what happened so they are currently picking up a few different popular finishes and we are going to use my pistol as a test.

We are gonna start with duracoat and hope that we can get the result we want, which is a glossy black. But first, the pistol needs to be stripped. I completely stripped the frame and slide last night and now its ready for blasting. I am going to go by Rick's Powdercoating later this week to see about getting them to soda blast it. If their price is reasonable, I will be getting them to take care of that for me.

After blasting, it will be time for the finish. I didn't take any pics of the progress yet but I will try and remember to take some later today.

• 2 weeks later...