SHOULDER RIGS

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

galco miami class is what i use with a glock 23. been wearing the galco for about 31 years, started when it was called the jackass rig. replaced it over the years with newer ones. got them off the net. check around and you canget some good deals on them off the net.

galco miami class is what i use with a glock 23. been wearing the galco for about 31 years, started when it was called the jackass rig. replaced it over the years with newer ones. got them off the net. check around and you canget some good deals on them off the net.

Do you use the optional belt tie downs with your rig?

I picked up a slightly used Miami Classic for a Glock 26 at a gun show recently. I'd been thinking about buying one new, but didn't want to spend $150 to find out if I liked it. I find it to be a good, comfortable way to carry, especially when I'm driving. Honestly, there is also a certain amount of 'cool' factor in the way it looks and feels.

Mine didn't come with the tie-downs, but I may either buy them separately or make my own - I probably will only use one for the mag side. Since the holster part of the rig can be changed/replaced, I'm on the lookout for one for a 1911, which is what I originally wanted.

I have one I bought from another TGO member last year, and sometimes use it to carry my PF-9. The rig tends to travel, and I havent played around with the various adjustments yet as I have no instructions on that. I bought the add on tie downs for both sides, but not sure that I dont also need to make other adjustments to make it more stable.

Guest Rodslanger

I've always used uncle mikes shoulder rigs with the belt tie downs with all my pistols from a 2in 38 to a 8in 44mag.they are comfortable for me 4 wheeling and when im hunting I carry as well I walk an average of 3 to 5 miles every time I go in the woods and have never felt any discomfort at all.

I have a Galco Miami Classic and used to wear it occasionally with my P226 when I was in law enforcement. I tried it with and without the tie downs and preferred it without. I felt that once I got it properly adjusted that it was secure enough without the tie downs. Now it just sits in my closet since I don't dress in a way to make it particularly practical.

I often wear shoulder holsters, depending on what I'm wearing. With a sport coat, suit, jacket or coat, they hide pretty well, once adjusted. Just remember that if you're wearing a heavy coat due to the weather, once inside, you may need to shed the coat ... and thereby expose the holster and weapon.

I've tried the nylon models, and just don't like them as well as the leather (Jackass nee Miami Classic, etc.). I use the horizontal models with a SA 3" 1911, but like the vertical type with a full-size 1911 or S&W 5906. Again, depends on where I'm going and what I'll be doing once I get there. On my build, it just seems to hide those larger frame weapons if they are carried vertical. Might just be me, though. And I don't tie them down. Proper adjustment is necessary, but in my case, a tie-down is not.

'Course, you can't wear a shoulder rig just anywhere, or just any time. But they are comfortable and again, depending on attire, easy to conceal.

Guess I'd better add "in my opinion" to the above post.