Favorite Gun Store

DWARREN123

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal? Did they take over Charlies business when he closed. I knew they were getting a FFL, but I was not aware they had inventory.

Mike's working on his FFL and will be my go to spot when he gets it.

You know, I really don't have one these days. You will probably find me more at Guns R Us in Bristol, but Mike is going through the last stages of a divorce and his inventory is pretty much zilch. I assume that may change after stuff is final. His prices have never been fantastic, but he will deal. If you are a "regular", he may have the best prices around. His trade prices are excellent.

Something about Gunslingers in Kingsport is a bit too slick. Plus they low-ball the trade-ins unless you already know what your gun is worth. That brings their integrity into question. But their gun prices without a trade, are generally good if not the best in the area.

Crowder's, in Johnson City, can sometimes (most often) come up with an excellent price for some oddball stuff, like H&Ks, Wilson Combat, etc. Just realize that the owner is basically a crook. NEVER put something on layaway. If he has it in the case and you have the cash, buy it if the price is right. I will say that Tim sold me my P7M8 at a good price - missing the extra magazine. H&K magazines ain't cheap, so I factored the magazine that would never arrive into my cost. To my surprise, after a couple of visits, he did get it for me. Maybe that was because he had sold me some stuff before.

I've gotten some stuff at Gun Rack in Kingsport, but they just seem a bit strange, if always friendly. It just doesn't feel like home, but it could with a little change.

One place I like is, unfortunately, in Virginia (so handgun sales are a pain). It's near Wal-Mart at exit 7 on I-81. I stopped in during deer season. They happened to have a used H&K. But what endeared me to them was that local hunters came in to show their trophy's. And in front of the display cases, they had about a dozen stools and chairs for folks to sit down and BS. For me, that's an important part of any decent gun shop.

Guns R Us used to be that way before they moved and the Bitch-From-Hell wife insisted they set up a special "lounge" for the regulars. Actually, that worked out OK, but the "regulars" out in front is a better idea.

I've been working on a topic about the perfect gun shop. I'll post it soon.

Guns n More in Knoxville is okay, really nice people there and it has the stand around and BS a while atmosphere.

I used to like Top Notch in Blountville before they closed. It was the kind of place where you could sit on the stool at the counter, have a soda, smoke a cig and BS about guns.

I agree with Mars about Gunslingers being a little too slick. I like the place and their milsurp section is kind of neat. Never bought a gun there though.

I have bought at Crowders before but did not deal with the owner, one of the young ladies behind the counter was real nice and helpful. The price was definitely right, i think it was the best deal I ever got on a gun.

I also like Big Al's in Greenville. You can find deals on pawn shop stuff as well as their decent inventory and pricing on guns. Al does seem to have the 1000 yard stare, not sure if that is good or bad.

Can't wait for Austin's to open. I have already talked to Phantom about ordering a piece for me or handling the transfer when his FFL is in hand. It will be nice to deal with someone I already know.

OK, I want to know about Austin"s Don't know about this. I know the thing around below him quiting?

Guess I should show up for the shoot?

I'm usually pretty good at deciphering typos, but my forumfu is failing me. Could you clarify that question? The answer to the second question is yes. :D

I don't have a favorite Gun Store, but I was down near Hero Gear on Saturday and stopped by. Joe and his crew are good people. Even when they're all sick with the flu they've got some customer service skills I wish they could make contagious and spread to NE TN.

I'm usually pretty good at deciphering typos, but my forumfu is failing me. Could you clarify that question? The answer to the second question is yes. :up:

Beats me. The guy typing it must have been drunk. ;)

I think the sentence was supposed to be about the gun shop near him closing recently.

Beats me. The guy typing it must have been drunk. ;)

I think the sentence was supposed to be about the gun shop near him closing recently.

That I can understand. :up: Yeah Charlie's Guns and Knives is going out of business and Phantom is helping him sell everything. Phantom has also applied for his FFL and will have a small gun shop in his training center.