New Drug Craze - Bath Salts

Guest Lester Weevils

Folk who do it might tend toward young, less intelligent, or at least poorer than average judgement. Some real smart folks get into it, so in that case it is a judgement issue. Also can include individuals who are down psychologically and figure they don't have much to lose. Of course most young folk are immortal and immune to injury. And they often know everything.

I don't think it is a liberal hippy pseudo intellectual thing. Most kids I've seen get into odd chemicals or other drug abuse seem a-political.

One of the saddest cases I saw working in the field back in the 1970's-- A fourteen year old boy who was not real smart to begin with, but not a bad kid. He took up the habit of hiding in the basement or out in the woods huffing paint and toluene daily. Nobody knew what he was doing. He didn't run with a bad crowd. He may have discovered it all by himself, rather than learning it from friends.

By the time people found out about it (I think he did it for a few months), he had permanent brain damage and was ruined for life.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KimberChick

Bear in mind that these aren't the kinds of bath salts sold in regular stores. These are labeled as "bath salts" and sold in packets at convenience stores. They aren't scented rock salt. They contain MDPV which stands for something I cannot pronounce in one try and is synthesized in a lab, much akin to how meth was made before trashy folks started brewing it up in their bathtubs.

Guest Lester Weevils
Bear in mind that these aren't the kinds of bath salts sold in regular stores. These are labeled as "bath salts" and sold in packets at convenience stores. They aren't scented rock salt. They contain MDPV which stands for something I cannot pronounce in one try and is synthesized in a lab, much akin to how meth was made before trashy folks started brewing it up in their bathtubs.

I'm not minimizing the hazard of this stuff, but if it is as psychoactive as stated in that Fox article, then one would wonder why people wouldn't get a buzz bathing in the stuff (the intended usage). Skin absorption could be good enough to get a strong dose. Maybe people do get a buzz bathing in the stuff, just not as intense?

Years ago was playing piano in a honky-tonk and there was this good ole boy fat biker dude I knew as a regular honky-tonk customer. Not a bad fellow. One night he came up just dripping sweat and shook my hand, told me he was blazed on PCP. About an hour later I got a bad sick buzz, and hadn't been drinking or anything. Maybe it was just a virus, but wondered if I could possibly have absorbed enough PCP from that handshake to get sick.

Felt fine a few hours later, so it didn't seem like a virus or food poisoning.

Guest KimberChick
I'm not minimizing the hazard of this stuff, but if it is as psychoactive as stated in that Fox article, then one would wonder why people wouldn't get a buzz bathing in the stuff (the intended usage). Skin absorption could be good enough to get a strong dose. Maybe people do get a buzz bathing in the stuff, just not as intense?

That's the thing. Bathing in it isn't the intent. It's only called that for under-the-radar sales purposes since real deal bath salts aren't regulated the same way as consumables like supplements and other drugs are. I don't know if the active ingredients can be absorbed through the skin. They seem to be doing fine via nostrils.

Guest Lester Weevils
That's the thing. Bathing in it isn't the intent. It's only called that for under-the-radar sales purposes since real deal bath salts aren't regulated the same way as consumables like supplements and other drugs are. I don't know if the active ingredients can be absorbed through the skin. They seem to be doing fine via nostrils.

Thanks KimberChick

I bet you are right. It is difficult to think thataway. It would be like thinking that paint manufacturers make certain kinds of paint just because kids like to huff the paint. But those bath salts may be 100 percent criminal intent.

If the packets are for sale at kwicky-marts, then maybe grannies would buy em to put in their foot bath or whatever. If the stuff is powerful and absorbs in the skin, such a foot bath might give granny quite a jolt.

• 6 months later...
Guest WyattEarp

anyone ignorant enough to do illegal drugs of any sorts or use bathrooom chemicals to achieve the same effect deserves to die. if you have to "get high" just to have fun or escape from your problems, or just because you think it's cool, please by all means, go overdose and make the world a better place.

im 31 years old and I've never even so much as smoked a joint of marijuana in my lifetime, i simply do not understand the thought process that goes through these people's heads.

anyone ignorant enough to do illegal drugs of any sorts or use bathrooom chemicals to achieve the same effect deserves to die.

That's just a tad bit extreme isn't it?

Even though I do not take any drugs, nor condone the behavior of people who do, I do not think someone deserves to die if they smoke a joint.

anyone ignorant enough to do illegal drugs of any sorts or use bathrooom chemicals to achieve the same effect deserves to die. if you have to "get high" just to have fun or escape from your problems, or just because you think it's cool, please by all means, go overdose and make the world a better place.

im 31 years old and I've never even so much as smoked a joint of marijuana in my lifetime, i simply do not understand the thought process that goes through these people's heads.

Ever had a beer?

If so enjoy those hypocritical thoughts.

If not, more power too you. You are a strong person.