Knoxville Area Gun shop

Guest Grot

I did a quick search and couldnt find anything.

What are all the knoxville/Maryville Gun stores?

Im looking to make a purchase very soon and As of right now refuse to buy from CCA.

I know dicks and Gander Mtn, but im looking for small stores.

Name and address would be appreciated, but just name will do.

If you have any you recomend for a reason let me know.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kiltednerd

Check out Gunny's in Maryville. Dont know the addy, but should be easy to find with the name. Also there is a gunshow this weekend a the Jubilee Center which is behind the Lowes in Clinton Hwy.

Guest bkelm18

Austin's Tennessee Firearms in Oak Ridge, Frontier Firearms (between Oak Ridge and Kingston), South Clinton Pawn, and Personal Defense Options in Farragut/Lenoir City are always my recommended shops.

Bill's Outpost, Maryville (highly recommended) Home - Bill's Outpost

Gunny's, Maryville, (once highly recommended, now not so much) Gunnys Indoor Shooting Range

The Gun Cabin, Maryville (meh...) The Gun Cabin Information in Maryville, TN - Cheaper Than Dirt!

Austin's, Oak Ridge (highly recommended) Austin's Tennessee Firearms Gun Shop

Farnsworth's, Vonore (highly recommended) Farnsworth Firearms - Vonore, TN, 37885 - Citysearch

Personal Defense Options, Lenoir City HOME PAGE

Plus a half dozen pawn shops here and there....

Although a lot of people on here seem to hold a grudge against this particular store, I really like Coal Creek Armory. It's off of Lovell road out in West Knox. Some say they had poor customer service there in the past, but I've never had a bad experience in the years that I've been a patron there. They are as friendly as can be.

Another store that I would recommend is Personal Defense Options. They have a very strange location and it isn't a big store, but they have great customer service and good prices.

Typically i buy at CCA. but as off yesterday im upset with them. Their CS isnt the best. I will probably end up buying from them but i wont be happy about it.

Thanks alot for all the recomendations. If there are any shops that arent listed already keep em coming.

Im trying to keep it semi close to the Cedarbluff area. My truck is getting around 6 MPG cause of a carb problem, so im trying to keep my driving down.

This reason alone may keep me buying at CCA, just cause it will end up cheaper.

I am looking at pistol prices and was wanting to look at a couple rifles on the wall, but no one ever tried to help me so i got tired of waiting to see them.

I have been to CCA several times. It has been hit or miss. I have had great service, I have had bad service. It just depends on how crowded they are. I took my HCP class there, and I shoot there a couple times a month. I have no problem spending my money there.

I like PDO as well, once you figure out where they are located. Good place, good folks.

Other than that I frequent the big box stores, as it easier to get lost there.

Where you want to go, I will give you a ride.

I am looking at pistol prices and was wanting to look at a couple rifles on the wall, but no one ever tried to help me so i got tired of waiting to see them.

Bill's Outpost typically has the best handgun prices around. $50 or more below everyone else on the usual suspects.

Mike's in Tazewell has the largest selection of pistols I have seen. More than any small shop as well as Gander Mountain and probably Bass Pro. His prices are also very fair. What most don't realize is that most of his inventory is downstairs. If it isn't up top ask and they likely have it downstairs.

Dolomite

Mike's in Tazewell has the largest selection of pistols I have seen. More than any small shop as well as Gander Mountain and probably Bass Pro. His prices are also very fair. What most don't realize is that most of his inventory is downstairs. If it isn't up top ask and they likely have it downstairs.

Dolomite

He is a Kimber Master dealer too. So he has at least 10 Kimbers on display at any given time.

Does he deal in Khar? I'm gonna have to check him out.

If I remember right he has plenty of those as well.

His selection is amazing when you consider the size of his shop. I thought is was an amazing selection then I was told he has 3 times as much in on site storage. I was told if I don't see it just ask and they would probably have it down stairs. I don't doubt it because the times I have been there I have seen people ask and they went downstairs and brought up exactly what they asked for.

Dolomite