FN FNP - Anyone shot, held, owned one?

Ernest.T.Bass

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen them on a couple occasions at Bass Pro. If I remember right they were in the $1000 range. I will look today when I go. I have to take the son over today to pass out free hotdogs at the boat show. They get donations to support schools Trapshooting Team.

I've never seem em at Bass Pro here in Nashville. However, I know that Guns and Leather in Greenbrier (a bit far from you) had em not too long ago. I fondled it for a little bit but if memory serves, i wasnt too impressed with ergonomics. :-\ Personal opinion though.

Well, just got back from the Hot Dog Detail. The only FN at Bass Pro today was an FNP? in 9mm. Couldn't grab a clerk to ask about the other one, they were all to busy trying to be knowledgable and all knowing authorities on guns!

School trap teams what a concept. Even the mere mention of a gun in a Florida school could get you expelled. :D How cool would it have been to be in 5th grade and getting to shoot clays in sanctioned events? This is our first year with the team, apparently they are very highly placed in state rankings.

I checked on out at WD Firearms in Knoxville today. I got a very "lukewarm" feeling from the sales associate. He declined to disassemble the slide from the frame so I could see the fit and finish on internals. I wanted to see if it was more like a Taurus or more like a Sig (in respect to machining marks, details, etc.).

He also declined to swap the grip panel/backstrap from arched to straight (so I could grip it). I am not really sure they are in the business of ensuring customer satisfaction - so I left. His $569 price did not seem spectacular either.

I'll keep looking.

I did call CDNN later. I talked to Jerry. He priced the FNP at $348. Hummm. Ten bucks shipping plus $20 FFL Fee.

Maybe a Steyr M9A1-They are still $339 from CDNN. Decisions. Decisions.

Maybe I'll a just go throw a rock through Sheriff Andy's window.

ETB/tg

Guest cdsusong

anyone had their hands on a FNH USG? I have read several reviews on this one and it sounds sweet. I think avg. is around $1K. Whew, I hope it shoots worth 1K. I would love to get me hands on one for sure. Anyone with actual trigger time please chime in.

Guest cdsusong

was yours around 1K? I would love to shoot one. I understand that there is a possibility that soon to be gov regs will kabash the new 5.7x28 round? any thoughts on that? also what is the cost of the ammo for the USG? Possibly it would make more sense just to spend the money on an AR-15 instead of another hand gun? I already have a Glock 19, Kahr CW9, GP 100, and a couple of others. Possibly my son would have more fun with me shooting an AR? My shooting buddies have ARs and he loves shooting them. 11 years old and shoots a 1/2" group at 25 meters. Life is great! Bring 'em up right if you know what I mean!

• 11 months later...
Guest DubLtap

I bought one in Dec. It's sweet, shoots like a 22 but can penetrate class3 body armor, and it's dead on accurate, light weight, plus 30 round mags...

Guest SMSTRICK

FN does not make junk. The FN P series is in my opinion one of the best new weapons on the market. I have encouraged two of my friends to purchase them. They swear by them.

I checked on out at WD Firearms in Knoxville today. I got a very "lukewarm" feeling from the sales associate. He declined to disassemble the slide from the frame so I could see the fit and finish on internals. I wanted to see if it was more like a Taurus or more like a Sig (in respect to machining marks, details, etc.).

He also declined to swap the grip panel/backstrap from arched to straight (so I could grip it). I am not really sure they are in the business of ensuring customer satisfaction - so I left. His $569 price did not seem spectacular either.

I'll keep looking.

I did call CDNN later. I talked to Jerry. He priced the FNP at $348. Hummm. Ten bucks shipping plus $20 FFL Fee.

Maybe a Steyr M9A1-They are still $339 from CDNN. Decisions. Decisions.

Maybe I'll a just go throw a rock through Sheriff Andy's window.

ETB/tg

after putting 100 rounds through my friends FNP9 2 weeks ago... it's no contest! BUY THE STEYR! (...kind of a trek but saw a M40-A1 @ guns & leather 3 days ago if you wanna check one out... almost bought it since i like 'em so much and am a little paranoid of the supply drying up, just prefer 9 over .40 and i've already got one!).

the FNP is an excellent gun if you're looking for a more traditional da/sa hammer/decocker-type pistol, it's light and handles nice, and feels well built... honestly a great buy if you're after a kind of a lighter sig feel...

...that said, in comparison, not even in the same league. everyone who puts a mag through one of my steyr's ends up wanting one.

IMHO it's one of the best pistols money can buy, PERIOD! i've got a m9-a1 & an m40-A1 and have been searching for a M357-A1... i'm most definitely buying another M9 when the tax return shows up for JIC!

extremely reliable, and exceptionally accurate, out shoots more expensive glocks and H&K's easily do to the ergos, low bore axis, and great trigger, and the quality is better than any pistol i've ever owned (sig, h&k, glock, kimber, etc.) AND that trigger, closer to a nice 1911 then any glock/striker-type gun... the con's are that holsters and mags can be tough to track down, that's all.

sorry to go on a tirade, it's just that not many people mention them since a lot of guys aren't into straying too far from the status quo... some complain about the trap sights, fear not, they're awesome (that "big taco" is better than any fiber optic out there IMO).

if CDNN still has 'em at that price, get one! they'd be a bargain at 550-600 considering the quality (and the words out and the prices are going up... been checking gunbroker every couple of days looking for the .357sig, prices rising steadily), if you get a 9mm for that price and don't like it, and CDNN runs out of new ones, i'll buy it from you for exactly what you paid in mid february (...i'm 100% serious). you don't see many m-a1's used, since like me, rather than even thinking of selling them people tend to only try to buy the other calibers.... lots of info about 'em at steyrclub.com ...might be the best kept secret out there.

IMG_0231.jpg

yeah, i'm a fan...

Edited by CK1
Guest MisterJimmy

I own an FNP-9. Given the pedigree of FNH it was my first choice after a year or so of reading about and shooting different pistols. Found in stock at G&L. About 700 rounds of all kinds and various brands of fmj and jhp in various bullet weights with no hiccups. Easy to maintain, comes with 3 magazines and prices very competitive. Shoots very well and feels nice to hold. I'll buy another FN firearm at some point. (I emailed customer service when I got the pistol with a question about cleaning. Got a phone call from one of the armorers who answered my questions.)

My only regret? I didn't buy the twin next to it in the case.

Made in USA.

I think there is some confusion here.

FN-H has two families of pistols.

FNP

fnp9_1.jpg

FiveSeven

fn_fiveseven_usg.jpg

I've shot a 5.7 ....great guns but you'd better hit him with the first shot...muzzle flash blinds you after that...LOL!!!

seriously..it's a good shooting pistol..I can't say about durability..but it shoots well!

Guest mustangdave

I recently purchased a FN-P40 from Specialty Arms II in Lavergne. I had been scoping out 45ACP guns...but the ones that I liked were out of my price range. I'd seen the FN-P45 there as well, however with the hi-cap magazine it felt like I was gripping a friggin BRICK. When I went to buy...the 45 was gone. So I fondled the 40...bought it, took it to the range after cleaning and lubing it and ran 150 rounds through it...couldn't be happier with my choice.

Guest pjblurton

Wow, this thread just won't quit. Kudos to mustangdave for obviously knowing how to use the search feature.

Kudos too on the FNP-40!

I have one myself and it is my EDC. It has been spot on accurate and shoots great. The fit and finish is excellent and the customer service cannot be beat.

I sent the marketing dept an email asking where could I buy a hat. I got a request for my shipping address by email the same day. Lady sent me a new hat, 6 FN hat pins and 3 tee shirts. Free!

Guest mustangdave
Wow, this thread just won't quit. Kudos to mustangdave for obviously knowing how to use the search feature.

Kudos too on the FNP-40!

I have one myself and it is my EDC. It has been spot on accurate and shoots great. The fit and finish is excellent and the customer service cannot be beat.

I sent the marketing dept an email asking where could I buy a hat. I got a request for my shipping address by email the same day. Lady sent me a new hat, 6 FN hat pins and 3 tee shirts. Free!

I had this thread pegged for 2 days...I couldn't add my 2 cents until this morning...got that marketing email addy? I could use a hat too...LOL.

I'd been researching FNH for a while...checking them out at local gun shows etc...like their products...thinking about adding a PS-90 to the arsenol...I need a carbine

Guest pjblurton

Email was sent to marketing.

marketing@fnhusa.com

I stated (kindly) that I was an FNP owner looking for somewhere to purchase a hat. "Brenda" responded offering to send one for free.

They are supposed to have a merchandse shop open soon so I don't know how much longer they will do this.

Good luck!