My experience with TnGuns.com (TGI)

Thince1980

*I didn't really know what thread to put this is so I brought it here - mods please move if need be.

So I am doing a Mosin Nagant sporterized build and I found out that TGI carries a cool heavy barrel for the Mosin so I thought I would order one.

After doing a bunch of reading on how incredibly difficult it is to get the regular mosin barrel's off the action I saw that they also had a stripped Mosin receiver on GunBroker for $39. I figured it's worth my time effort, and ensuring I don't screw up the action, to just buy that one.

So I sent TGI this email:

Hello,

>

> You have a Mosin Nagant 91/30 hex receiver and heavy barrel on GunBroker

> for

> $99 that I would like to buy.

>

> I am writing because I live in Chattanooga and I will be happy to come

> pick these up from your store if that is possible to save us both shipping and

> FFL.

>

> You can call me at ***-***-****

>

> Thank you,

>

This is what I got back:

We don't have a storefront

TGI

Now I'm not looking for the royal treatment, but that's not exactly what I call customer service.

Am I doing something wrong here or are they just really lazy/rude?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose that is a possibility.

I just don't see how he/they are willing to take the trouble to post something on gunbroker, pay those fees, and box and ship the thing to an FFL, but wouldn't be happy to just let me walk in and hand them money for it.

TGI (Tennessee Guns) is a fairly large importer and have been doing that for years. They are pretty much a wholesaler. While that response is a little terse I'm glad you asked the question because I've thought of asking them myself a time or two.

Garufa,

Thanks for clearing that up. That's why I am not buying the whole "he runs it out of his/was busy" reason.

From everything I can tell TGI is a fairly large seller (just look at the page of their distributors. Definitely not somebody's garage operation.

Glad I could help by asking. I won't be doing any business with them in the future. Unfortunately they are the only place online that sells that barrel so I won't cancel that order.

Just as update for anyone who is interested.

Because I was in school, my credit card address is still my parents address.

However, on my order I clearly indicated the shipping address was here in Chattanooga.

(not a special note either they have a place for "Shipping Address" but I guess they don't look at it.). They have now shipped my order to the wrong place.

Thoroughly unimpressed by this company all around and will definitely not be ordering from them again.

I'll quit b****ing now.

Maybe they just don't have a storefront. Doesn't mean there's no real physical location. Think of Wideners. They used to do a good storefront trade. Then they went totally internet. Recently they do a local pickup for locals by appointment on certain days. I for one am closing down my office location. My phones will be Ring Central, my website will be my storefront. Sometimes it just makes sense to operate that way. :lol:

• Administrator

I don't understand your complaint. Actually, I think it makes you sound rather whiny. It's their business and they run it as a wholesale operation without a storefront. Do you think you should be able to email Coca-Cola and demand that you be able to pick up a 6-pack of Sprite at the nearest distribution center???

They have a business model that works for them. It's clearly your prerogative to not do business with them because they didn't stroke your fur the right way, but you need to understand that the problem is you and your expectations of them, and not them for failing to work outside of their normal operation to cater to you. This whole thing seems pretty baseless to me.

YMMV.