WTF? White House blocks ATF emergency regulations?

Guest mosinon

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White House has been holding it up. I guess it's official now. This makes me feel a LOT better. If Obama doesn't join the kneejerk idiots in his party, they are going to have a tough time making anything fly.

EDIT: The WTF? is easy. If you wanna get elected as the POTUS, it doesn't pay to piss people off. He isn't gonna lose the Libtard vote by avoiding the issues. He can lose a LOT of the independents by joining the hysteria.

Edited by mikegideon
"individuals on several occasions bought dozens of AK-47s as well as .50-caliber high-powered rifles capable of shooting down airplanes"

If I had a nickel for every time someone shot an airplane down with a commercially available .50cal rifle.

Can't create hysteria with the truth. What chaps my butt is the left's constant whining about fear mongering, then they use it whenever it suits them.

Before everyone starts jumping for joy the 60 day "public review" period ends Monday. What then? The ATF gets their way and the "regulation" goes into effect?

Maybe so. I'm still glad that the white house wouldn't accept the "emergency" claim. Allowing for a public comment period makes me feel a lot better, no matter what the final outcome.

Kinda surprised to see the WH acting on this, but glad to see it.

Just remember to watch the right hand while the

left hand is moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would have $0.00?

you could not even go target practice with a .22.

Guess the gun owners are just that responsible.

I'll be much more concerned if he gets reelected. Right now, he has almost nothing to gain, and almost everything to lose.

Yup, I am more concerned if he is relected. Those 2nd terms are the bad ones.

Guest mosinon

Politically this one seems like a no brainer to me. You support the ATF requested regulation.

You're going to piss off some gun folks but they aren't going to vote for you anyway, so what is the loss? You'll appease some gun control types, but that doesn't matter much because they were going to vote for you anyway.

To the majority of people who don't care about guns you can say you've tried to cut off the supply of weapons to border hoppers and drug dealers. You point out that sportsmen don't buy three "assualt" rifles a week. you run down how people are hiding guns in their bumpers to sell to cartels. Then you blather on about drugs. You could even through some crap in their about making sure american guns stay in American hands.

It is an easy sell, even if you want to get re elected. I don't see the political downside of supporting this if you are the pres.

I see the downside as a gun owner but when you think about politics you have to think differently than when you think individually. Any republican or democrat could make this sound like a great idea.

Obama has been tougher than Bush on immigrants so I wonder where this is really headed. Another assault weapon ban? Nationwide?

The sobering part about this... you have one FFL selling large quantites of AK's to individuals. Money is nice, but I wonder if any of the FFL's on this board would sell 40 AK's to one guy at one time without having some idea where they were going to show up. Not saying the ATF isn't overstepping, but they at least have some ammunition going in.

Guest mosinon
The sobering part about this... you have one FFL selling large quantites of AK's to individuals. Money is nice, but I wonder if any of the FFL's on this board would sell 40 AK's to one guy at one time without having some idea where they were going to show up. Not saying the ATF isn't overstepping, but they at least have some ammunition going in.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't. Or shouldn't. Someone comes into McDonalds and orders three quarter pounders and two shakes. That isn't going to be good for them but are you supposed to give them a cholesterol test before you let them buy the food?

If a legal purchaser wants to buy 500 AKs well, it's legal, why wouldn't you let them? Is it even your place, as and ffl, to stop them? I think not. If the pirchase is legal you have to let it go. We have plenty of agencies and so forth to take care of any illegal activity without expecting gun sellers to get involved.

Put another way, the ffl's job is to sell guns to people who can legally buy guns. I don't expect them to vet my reason for buying a gun.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't. Or shouldn't. Someone comes into McDonalds and orders three quarter pounders and two shakes. That isn't going to be good for them but are you supposed to give them a cholesterol test before you let them buy the food?

If a legal purchaser wants to buy 500 AKs well, it's legal, why wouldn't you let them? Is it even your place, as and ffl, to stop them? I think not. If the pirchase is legal you have to let it go. We have plenty of agencies and so forth to take care of any illegal activity without expecting gun sellers to get involved.

Put another way, the ffl's job is to sell guns to people who can legally buy guns. I don't expect them to vet my reason for buying a gun.

So... whos place IS it to stop them if the guns are really going to Mexico? If the FFL isn't gonna use some discretion, then guess what? Enter the ATF.

It's called wanting to get re-elected in 2012... ATF does something silly, and gun owners will be much less likely to vote for him... He needs blue collar voters to win in 2012.

I agree. It's all about 2012.

I bet they are sick to thier stomach's delaying this.

Guest malbolja
Can't create hysteria with the truth. What chaps my butt is the left's constant whining about fear mongering, then they use it whenever it suits them.

Straight out of their Saul Alinsky playbook: accuse your enemies of doing the things you are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

What bothers me about that is the fact that they have been completely and consistently wrong about every firearms issue. "Wild West if people get carry permits, ect. Despite being obviously and continuously wrong, people still listen to them.