I had no idea.

mav

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are you going to do when you have to have a note from the sherrif to buy a box of ammo same thing

you must punish the few who break the law not the whole

this is no different from gun control or rasing taxes it s always for the children it must stop somewhere

as i see it on the news the powers that be want it to be script only that will cost me 40 .00 plus the script

i don't make meth why should i be treated like someone who does just my 2 cents

Perhaps, but I do believe the government's function is to ensure that one's rights aren't treaded upon. A law based government is essential to make this work. A SMALL government.

I disagree. It's the peoples's role to make sure individual rights are not taken from them by their government. Governments role has always been to subjugate and control the population, to control commerce, and to protect itself. Government tends to be like a tumor. It will continue to grow and expand weakening its host. We are the host.

Government is the price humans pay for ever increasing population.

My sentiments on the subject (copied from my comment in the News-Sentinel comments section from an article about proposed new measures to limit law-abiding citizens' access to legitimate cold remedies - er, I mean, curb meth making, yeah, that's it, meth making.):

I say give wide open, unrestricted access to pseudoephedrine. Forget it being simply an ingredient in medications, sell the pure stuff by the pound. Heck, pass it out free like candy and put recipes out there that tell how to make meth that is 10x stronger than what is already on the streets. Then maybe there will be enough meth that addicts don't have to commit other crimes to get it. Maybe there would even be the added bonus that all the meth heads would poison themselves much more quickly. All/most of the meth heads dead from using the junk = problem solved. Then perhaps the rest of us can get back to buying cold medicine occasionally without having to show I.D., being 'registered' and treated like pushers just because we have a cold.

It isn't easy to watch someone you care for destroy themselves with drugs. I've been there. It makes you think that anything that might have a remote chance of helping is worth a shot. This is where otherwise intelligent people leave the confines of rational thinking and agree to irrational actions.

Guest Drewsett

I have also watched friends and family destroy their lives with drugs. It didn't make me want to pass new laws, but I can understand why people try. It still comes back to personal responsibility.

I just ran across this video a few minutes ago. It appears that Sheriff Guy of McMinn county wants to suspend the sale of all drugs containing psuedoephedrine for 100 days. Where do these people come from?

http://www.newschannel9.com/video/c/1137849423/local-news/801091150001/local-news

Do we want to tell the vast majority of society who may suffer from a cold or allergy tough s**t just because some jackasses are making illicit drugs from a common and effective over the counter cold medicine?

I suffer from chronic sinus problems. For me, Sudafed is the only med that provides some relief. That PE stuff is as effective as rubber cement.

Soon I will be required to spend half a day waiting at the Dr, then more time at the pharmacy...not to mention all the $$$...just to get some relief.

I do not care how bad a menace to society meth is - it is NOT justification to restrict access to a safe and effective decongestant.

I have nothing but contempt for those who want to regulate the components of an already illegal substance rather than go after real criminals in possession of meth.

What's next? People huffing? Ban spray paint, glue and gasoline! Drowning? Let's outlaw water, that'l fix 'em!

Gun control was a good idea, too.

I suffer from chronic sinus problems. For me, Sudafed is the only med that provides some relief. That PE stuff is as effective as rubber cement.

Soon I will be required to spend half a day waiting at the Dr, then more time at the pharmacy...not to mention all the $$$...just to get some relief.

I do not care how bad a menace to society meth is - it is NOT justification to restrict access to a safe and effective decongestant.

I have nothing but contempt for those who want to regulate the components of an already illegal substance rather than go after real criminals in possession of meth.

What's next? People huffing? Ban spray paint, glue and gasoline! Drowning? Let's outlaw water, that'l fix 'em!

Gun control was a good idea, too.

Justification is always difficult for law makers since they prey on emotions instead of facts.

Well, how about that the fact that TN lost the state funding for meth cleanups?

What happens now?

When did the State take on the responsibility of cleaning houses? DO they scrub the blood stains out after a fight, or rebuild your house after a fire? This is just a fear tactic to get you willing to cede yet another luxury of being a free U.S. citizen, in the name of public safety.

When did the State take on the responsibility of cleaning houses? DO they scrub the blood stains out after a fight, or rebuild your house after a fire? This is just a fear tactic to get you willing to cede yet another luxury of being a free U.S. citizen, in the name of public safety.

Not taking a stand either way, but don't meth labs have really toxic byproducts, even if they burn to the ground?

Wow.

;)

Punishing law abiding citizens is NOT the way to deal with crime. Please give an example of how it has worked in the past.

Dude. Seriously!

I have not made any comments in this thread about "punishing citizens" or making it a prescription only drug.

My ":rolleyes:" was in reply to your comment about meth labs not being dangerous and should not be properly cleaned up.