Well, I may be coming down with it. (sick)

vontar

Last night started getting a sore throat. Sneezing runny nose today along with the sore throat. I have a feeling this is not a good sign for tomorrow.

Right or Wrong, I am self medicating tonight with some Jack Daniels, something I normally do not do. However I do believe good whiskey is good for the throat at times like this, why else is there alcohol in all the leading cold medicine.

Not drinking it fast enough to get drunk or even a buzz, only about 1 shot a half hour, however I am in and not going anyplace.

I even made a Tea with Honey and Jack. It is pretty good. It was meant to be warm on my throat, the honey was to feel good and the jack is mean to kill germs.

(on one hand I feel bad about mixing it, on the other hand I am called it medcine).

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He meant to add care:D I agree!

I got over something a couple weeks ago, but you know about those things. Get well soon.

Lousy attempt from someone who doesn't work for Hallmark!

Guest mosinon

I hope feel better soon. I got step a few weeks ago, my symptoms were like yours. My throat hurt so bad I couldn't swallow. After 24 hours with no water I went to the doc and got some antibiotics.

Yeah they say strep will go away in 3 to 7 days even in you do nothing but by then I'd be dead from dehydration. Not a big fan of going to the doctor but this time I'd wish I had gone sooner.

I had to check to be of what you meant by "sick". I've heard young folks use the word "sick" to describe something good. :cheers:

There does seem to be some bug going around. My wife has it so that means I'll probably get it soon.

Hope you get back to normal soon. Be careful with those shots. They make you feel better tonight but not so good tomorrow. I'm sure you've been there.

Your tonsils are red

It sounds like the flu

I'm glad it's not me

but sorry it's you.

My Hallmark attempt.

Edited by Motasyco
left out a word
Guest Bronker

My regimen with flu-like syndromes:

-Ibuprofen 800 mg, three times a day.

-Mucinex-D (NOT DM). The real stuff you have to ask the pharmacist for. 2 tablets twice a day.

-100% pure Orange Juice. Drink as much, and as fast, as you can stand. Vitamin C plus the hydrating effects. I do a gallon a day when I'm ill.

For sore throat, a tip I got from the pediatrician that treated me as an infant, and treated my children:

Children's Motrin Liquid. Sprinkle a 1/8 - 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper powder in 30-45 ml of it, mix into a slurry with a little warm salt water. Gargle for 30-60 seconds and swallow. Sounds crazy, huh? Well, I haven't had a prolonged sore throat, nor have I or any of my children EVER had true streptococcal throat infections in our lifetimes.

Trust me. I'm a doctor:cool:

Best of luck to you. The cold I had started in a similar fashion. The sore throat lasted for about 4-5 days. Overall, it took 2 weeks for me to be completely over it. I took 4 tablets of Mucinex D each day, which helped a lot with the congestion.

May have be mentioned.

My last feeling sick episode I did the Zicam thing. They were the melting tablets. Take one every couple three hours until symtoms stop.

It worked for me. I went from a slight fever straight to the popcorn husk scratch in the throat cough. Never did feel real bad at all. I think it did lesson the cold or flu I had.

I'm not a Doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I recommend Granny Clampet's cold medicine for those of us that are old enough to remember what that is :popcorn:

That was the idea behind the Jack to get me though the weekend. I did get to my doctor this morning.

I am still bad, missed work today, I hope to make it in tomorrow.

I don't have strep, just a sore throat. I find it odd my sore throats are never strep, flu or any of the other things that others seem to have, yet the pain I seem to have seems to be on the same level. I guess I would hate to have those. I think sometimes if is not diagnosed or those are sometimes diagnosed when it may just be a sore throat.