Son shoots would-be robber after gunman attacks parents

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The son retrieved a .44-caliber Smith & Wesson from the house and exchanged fire with the attacker, hitting him several times and forcing him to flee.

I was going to give a Kudos! to the son until I read this. The parents now need to enroll the son in a training class. Several times from a 44? Where? In the hands and arms???

Several 44 calibers holes anywhere NEAR center mass would have bleed that guy out pretty quick......errr it should have.

I was going to give a Kudos! to the son until I read this. The parents now need to enroll the son in a training class. Several times from a 44? Where? In the hands and arms???

Several 44 calibers holes anywhere NEAR center mass would have bleed that guy out pretty quick......errr it should have.

Don't forget it's a pretty high stress situation that is very dynamic. Any hit that ends the attack on your family is a good hit in my book.

Is there any time that additional training isn't a good idea??? :popcorn:

Congratulations to the son (and to the parents as well) for refusing to be a victim...it's too bad this piece of trash is still alive but at least the family is still okay and relatively unharmed.

I bet if we look into it that this thug has a long relationship with law enforcement yet was still on the street, free to ply his trade.

I suspect it may have been a .44 special.

That really wouldnt matter *that* much, its a pretty wicked round even if a bit weaker than the magnums. Its on par with a .45 auto (slightly more potent). There is no reason he could not have shot a magnum: it says

...Their 27-year-old son...

It was NOT a child/boy. Still a hero, and still in need of some plinking practice.

Edited by Jonnin

No offense, but I think maybe you watch too many TV / movies.

If the bad guy was moving at all, or behind any sort of cover, even an experienced shooter would have a difficult time hitting him.

And besides, the goal is to stop the threat. I'd say he succeeded flawlessly.

Guest KimberChick
No offense, but I think maybe you watch too many TV / movies.

If the bad guy was moving at all, or behind any sort of cover, even an experienced shooter would have a difficult time hitting him.

And besides, the goal is to stop the threat. I'd say he succeeded flawlessly.

This also happened right about midnight....outside.

Even an uber-trained individual might not have gotten any better results. Moving dude, robbing your parents, in the dark, outside, you hear something, come out, start shooting...

Highfive for dude for winging the guy a couple times. Better than missing...as, I'd suspect, plenty of people might do in such a situation, training or none.

Guest mbushell

This story could have ended alot differently. If the liberals got their way, and outlawed our guns or ammo...Our rights to have them and use them. Do you suppose this thug would have followed those laws, and not used a gun in this crime?-OR- Would you think the story woulkd have been about one dead family deprived of their possesions, and several would be suspects that have not been charged? I want my rights back- CONSTIUTIONAL CARRY...write your senators and DEMAND it!!

Give him this, no bad shots. In short, seems all his shots did not hit any unintended targets.

CA could have done a better job writing that article. I believe they called the attacker the shooting victim toward the end. Almost like they might have inferred the attacker was a victim as well.

If I followed the way the story as written, Thomas drive the gunman to the drive way, the shoot out happened there, then Thomas drive the gunman to the hospital. Thomas was charged. The gunman has not been changed yet(in the article).

That whole article needs to be re written.

was waiting to read that the son was detained for brandishing a bigger weapon than the thief....

Or that the home owners had not properly secured the weapon better that almost anyone could have gotten it, (even though the son was 27).