10mm vs. .357 SIG

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're in a gunfight where the maximum effective range of either 10mm or .357 Sig is a factor, you're either at war with a non-issued weapon, or you're going to need a really good lawyer.

Both rounds are going to be plenty effective within 21 feet--where most gunfights occur. A more practical question would be, which round can you shoot better?

Are car doors involved? willy_nilly.gif Are the car doors a long way away?

The .357Sig will shoot through the car door. The 10mm will slam the door on whoever is on the other side.

Either is a good choice if you are shooting car doors. If bad guys with guns that are shooting back at you are part of the scenario…. Use a 45ACP. ;)

carry on....

leaving.gif

BC 25 yrds 50 yrds. 100 yrds. MPBR

.357 SIG (125g at 1350) .145 +1.7" +2.9" +0.4" 122

10mm Auto (155g at 1300) .137 +1.8" +2.9" 0.0" 119

10mm Auto (180g at 1150) .164 +2.0" +3.0" -1.1" 110

Edited by Smith

actually i was thinking more on the lines on a personal protection gun for when i am in the woods or just general wilderness. im going on a hunting trip this next fall/winter in east texas. im told there will be mountain lions but i want to be prepared for anything. and im not going to be carrying a .44mag for protection, just toooo heavy.

im actually looking at a full size GLOCK either a G20 or a G31

10mm will certainly carry more energy at any range, and both have similar trajectories within their projectile-weight range.

Against a mountain lion, I'd take a 10mm if I could... but I have no doubt that a .357sig (or any of the other major calibers) would get the job done if you place your shots well.

I'd recommend FMJ, for best penetration.

Dan Wesson makes their 1911s available in 10mm, and while they may look and feel high-end, they aren't insanely expensive. Sure, they're twice the price of a Glock, but they're about half or a third of the price of a Wilson or Ed Brown.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products_dan_wesson.php for overall product line

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=66 this gun makes me happy in the pants. I want one so bad its not even funny. 2 Yrs ago they could be had brand new for $800. Now they are in the mid 9s to $1,000. Call Rabbi, I'm sure he could hook you up!