HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

Guest canynracer
Well, it's about ******* time. Today was day 97, and there she was in the mailbox.

See ya at Wal-Mart!

hey hey hey. it finally arived yesterday!!! cant belive it. its been 80 days... ill see you all in the Oneida Wal-Mart tonite

mailboxhappy.gif

Congrats!!!

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
If they dont have the money to hire extra people at maybe $10/hr to process applications, it is hard to assume they have the extra money to hire out a programmer to design that at ~$40/hr.

Speaking from firsthand experience...

Actually the State of TN has a very nice technology infrastructure and employs a ton of programmers. The problem is that each department (Education, Safety, Finance and Administration, etc.) has their own technology division and there is not a whole lot of standardization across them. So while one department may really excel at having a technologically advanced web portal for things like looking up information, another department may not.

Popular disciplines are .NET and Oracle. If you know either of those, especially Oracle, you can get a job with the State pretty easy.

I can breathe a sigh of relief now. My HCP card is in hand, a week to the day they said they were sending it...AND on the day it was set to expire. If I didn't have to have it on me, I would probably frame it.

Ive had mine for a little more than a year. I got mine in about 3-4 weeks after getting fingerprinted. A friend that had taken the class with me @ G&L submitted his ap about 1 month later than I did and he waited nearly the full 90 days til he has his permit in hand.

Patience is a virtue!

Turned my paperwork in and got my prints done on May, 30th.

I had the choice of 2 places approved for fingerprinting. The DL office on Center Park Drive in Knoxville operates very efficiently. Had a short wait for my paperwork, Drove over to North Central and the fingerprints were a breeze.

Guest Phantom7

well its been 66 days now.... just got off the phone with the state and they said they would call me back tomorrow. not sure if i believe that haha we'll see!

I just turned in my paperwork today, 6/30/08.

Guy at the DMV said that they are running behind right now and it might take even longer than 90 days.

Not sure if that is a fact or he was just trying to set my expectations so I wouldn't be looking for it anytime soon.

I've had previous permits in 2 other states and none of them ever took anywhere near that long. Oh well... the wait begins.

Guest 19colt11

Call them-they seem to work on the squeeky wheel principle. I submitted my renewal (based on a Texas Lisc) in late march. I waited thru April, May, and 2 wks into June before I called. The person who answered said my lisc was ready and she could release it that day. Took another 10 days for it to show up in the mail.

So call.

19colt11

Guest jth_3s
well its been 66 days now.... just got off the phone with the state and they said they would call me back tomorrow. not sure if i believe that haha we'll see!

They Told me they would call me back too. They didn't

Guest db99wj
They Told me they would call me back too. They didn't

I don't buy that line of garbage. I tell them, and other people, especially governmental agencies that I am going to be in and out, I will call them around such and such time the next day, which time would be better. That way, they won't "forget", they know you are going to call at such and such time, and the more likely they will have an answer.

Call em again!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest racr28

I was fingerprinted 29 May and got my HCP today, 11 July. That comes to something like 43 days. I don't think that is too bad.

Edited by racr28
I was fingerprinted 29 May and got my HGP today, 11 July. That comes to something like 43 days. I don't think that is too bad.

Wow, congrats - you were fingerprinted only six days before me, perhaps there is hope!

I was fingerprinted 29 May and got my HCP today, 11 July. That comes to something like 43 days. I don't think that is too bad.

Was this you today? mailboxhappy.gif

Your fingerprints were one day before mine. Lot's of differences in the wait time for different posters on the board. Wondering if it has to do with the county of residence? Anyway congrats, when are you going to make the obligatory Wal-Mart run?

Edited by bubbiesdad
grammar
Guest NotDylan

Forgive my newbiness but an HCP is the same thing as a CCW permit, yes? Also, how long are the permits valid? Where would you recommend to take the class in Middle TN?

Forgive my newbiness but an HCP is the same thing as a CCW permit, yes? Also, how long are the permits valid? Where would you recommend to take the class in Middle TN?

In TN, your permit is called Handgun Carry Permit. HCP.

Concealment is not a requirement. It is not a "Concealed Carry" permit.

Permits are for 4 years.

All of this info is readily available:

http://www.tennessee.gov/safety/handgunmain.htm

OS