Defeating A Vest

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TN.Frank

Yep, it'd be a cool pistol to have in something that held 15+1 rnds. and had a nice DA trigger but alass, we've only got the older SA semis to play with. Still, the price of a CZ-52 isn't much at all if you've got a C&R lic and ammo still isn't too pricy yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest H0TSH0T

NUTS, nuts, Nutz, or just in the PP, or just use a 1oz shotgun slug, it makes a pretty corpse even if hit in the trauma plate. the force will make your insides mush. or my fav Flechette's 12gaflechette.jpg

Guest H0TSH0T
wow x2

and the post that brought it back is actually irrevelant as nobady can or will be carrying a 12ga. shotgun around just incase they come upon a level IIIa armor clad assailant

umm i beg to differ there are some 12guage pistols out there, take a look.New Page 1

first off anything with a 8-12" barrel wont be comfortable to carry all day everyday.

but the main thing, its a NFA-regualted weapon and because its still a shotgun and not a handgun, its not legal to carry in TN, as we have a HANDGUN carry permit not a WEAPON permit/license. so even if you wanted to you couldnt legally carry it on your person.

first off anything with a 8-12" barrel wont be comfortable to carry all day everyday.

but the main thing, its a NFA-regualted weapon and because its still a shotgun and not a handgun, its not legal to carry in TN, as we have a HANDGUN carry permit not a WEAPON permit/license. so even if you wanted to you couldnt legally carry it on your person.

Beat me to it. Damn you type fast, lol.

-Jason G

Guest H0TSH0T

state definitions,

Pistol: Synonym for a handgun that does not have a revolving cylinder, the chamber is part of the barrel.

Shotgun: A shoulder fired (long gun) with a smoothbore designed to fire shotshells containing numerous pellets or sometimes a single projectile.

i know if i ad a stock to my glock it turns into a SBR not a handgun, now to split hairs if the definition by the state in context, it could be said that once it is no longer a shoulder fired weapon, it is considered a handgun, just like the GSG-5 is a rifle, and the GSG-5P is a pistol, the differences is the pistol has a shorter barrel, and no stock, now the rifle version, has a longer barrel and a stock, other than that it is the same gun, now if i put a stock on the GSG-5p it would also turn it into a SBR which would require a tax stamp and paperwork same for the glock with a stock.

that being said would qualify it as a handgun, witch you could carry legally, now to to play devils advocate on what i just said, I don't know by definition if a legally made shotgun pistol is considered a DD (destructive device) thus moving it into a different category all together. there is a lot of gray area, where no info or laws are posted, and if they are i cant find them.

one more factor, does the fact of a smooth bore play into a different classification, are smooth bore pistols legal or not, does it matter if antique or not?

i do agree it would be a pain to carry it.

but i would not carry it under my permit,but under a hunting license that may be a different story, until i have a copy of the legislation that says i can for my own education and the LEO that is not up on the law but i would play it safe until then.

source

http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/geninfo/Publications/Forms/Interpreters/Firearmshandout.pdf

Edited by H0TSH0T
smooth bore point.

fallguy, thats why i said on your person :)

if the firearm fires multiple projectiles with one shot(shotshell) its a shotgun.

ATF has already said that a 12ga. pistol is a DD, because after the success of the taurus judge, taurus was going to make a 12ga. pistol of some sort and call it "The God" but the decided against it because it would be a NFA-regulated DD(destructive device) unless it has a 18" barrel or longer like all the remington 870 and mossberg 500 pistol grip shotguns out there.

ATF also said that any smoothbore barrel make the firearm a shotgun. that is why the judge had to have a rifled barrel or it would fall under NFA regulation

Guest H0TSH0T
fallguy, thats why i said on your person :)

if the firearm fires multiple projectiles with one shot(shotshell) its a shotgun.

ATF has already said that a 12ga. pistol is a DD, because after the success of the taurus judge, taurus was going to make a 12ga. pistol of some sort and call it "The God" but the decided against it because it would be a NFA-regulated DD(destructive device) unless it has a 18" barrel or longer like all the remington 870 and mossberg 500 pistol grip shotguns out there.

ATF also said that any smoothbore barrel make the firearm a shotgun. that is why the judge had to have a rifled barrel or it would fall under NFA regulation

thanks for clearing that up, i know sometimes its all a bit confusing.
Remember state law now allows that with a HCP to carry a loaded (no round in chamber) rifle or shotgun in their vehicle.

Really?! That's awesome! I've been carrying an unloaded shotgun in my vehicle with ammo in a seperate place.....so now it's ok if I load the mag tube and just not have one in the chamber? If that's ok, then I guess I can have the sidesaddle loaded up too?

Really?! That's awesome! I've been carrying an unloaded shotgun in my vehicle with ammo in a seperate place.....so now it's ok if I load the mag tube and just not have one in the chamber? If that's ok, then I guess I can have the sidesaddle loaded up too?

Not exactly breaking news... :cool:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/long-guns/22640-hb-0390-signed-governor.html

You can have all the ammo you want in it, around it and on it, just not in the chamber unless you chamber around for self-defense

Not exactly breaking news... :rolleyes:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/long-guns/22640-hb-0390-signed-governor.html

You can have all the ammo you want in it, around it and on it, just not in the chamber unless you chamber around for self-defense

Hey, I'm lucky to be able to keep tabs on the area I moderate, along with a couple other of my favorite sections here.....I have a 4 year old you know! :popcorn:

• 1 year later...
Guest jimothy
Hey, I'm lucky to be able to keep tabs on the area I moderate, along with a couple other of my favorite sections here.....I have a 4 year old you know! :P

5 years now huh¿