One man pontoon

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually seen something similar, but it was round on Stones River just above Walter Hill Dam. Admittedly, the one I saw wasn't made of duct tape and it did have a trolling motor with a foot pedal attached. He could get in/out of places other boats couldn't get to and had a several big catfish on his stringer. It looked a lot like this (LILIPAD BOATS).

Still funny!

Edited by BigK
I dunno' ...looks like a (hopefully) buoyant aluminum hull, laminate wood deck, comfy commander's chair and water resistant stowage. And all for $100.

I wonder what the trailer would look like :-)

Looks like it might fit in the back of a Ford Ranger.

Replace the laminate wood deck with something better

Add a trolling motor and batteries then I could see some limited use with it.

Kind of reminds me of these little things:

Pelican International inc.

I am a bit aquaphobic and not a good swimmer so I wouldn't want to be out on that one man pontoon. That said, if I were a better swimmer I think it would be great for working the bank in some of the smaller, backwater areas off of the main lakes. I wouldn't venture out onto a main lake, though, if only because the damn bass fishermen with the five million horsepower engines who think that they have to hit thirteen gajillion miles an hour when moving two hundred yards upriver would cause it to flip over.

Same here. In fact I wouldn't mind having one, if it really is aluminum hull.

Ok I started this so Ill post the Ad:

Floats are made of syrofoam bought from perma r in johnson city, frame is made of three quarter inch metal conduit. 13 inch pedistal with swival seat. Made for floating rivers. This one had never been used. 46 inches wide and 8 floot long. comes with ore. $65 obo

So no aluminum sorry Vontar

It needs some form of steering, maybe a rudder of some kind. A paddle alone won't cut it, A trolling motor might but you need something to to control if your just drifting. Not bad pricing no matter what your interest is.