Glock 19 issues

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

I took my G19 out yesterday to shoot with my girlfriend. First time I had used the G19 in a long while and I had installed the Lasermax laser point system into the gun.

When I started shooting with the G19, it wouldn't automatically reload the next bullet. It was like this:

Pull trigger

Slide catch comes on and the slide is open.

Manually pull the release button to cock the slide to fire.

Pull triger.

Slide wouldn't close like it was the last bullet but I had a full magazine of bullets and I looked, the bullets was intact, ready to be loaded onto the gun. \

So my problem is the slide just isn't automatically reloading bullets after each fire, something is preventing it from closing after each fire.

What can it be? Is this a easy fix? Or do I need to take it to a gun smith?

I can't imagine the lasermax being the reason for this because I had shot 600+ rounds before I installed it and it was flawless and I didn't mess with the slide catch button.

Edited by TargetShooter84
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the Lasermax out. When you discover the Perfection runs flawlessly again determine what the proper course of action will be... 1) Refund/customer service, 2) Gunsmith or 3) don't mess with the gun.

Sounds like maybe the slide is binding on the new guide rod.

Edited by Garufa
Guest TargetShooter84

Well, my dad has lasermax on his G26 and he's never had any issues with it so I just find it hard to believe that mine would do that?

Maybe you got an out of spec part. It does happen.

Take it out, shoot gun, then put it back in and see what happens. Gotta troubleshoot methodically and this component is definetely the culprit if everything was working fine before.

Guest TargetShooter84

Alright, I'll take your suggestion and I'll dsassemble it this weekend and see if it works without the lasermax.

Can't return the lasermax since I bought it from a seller off of here so I have to make this work somehow though.

So far, it seems the guide rod is the culprit with the lasermax....?

That is the only thing different right? You could just disassemble the heater and put it back together with the laser in...maybe the spring is backwards (not that it can be but you never know).

Have any other variables changed? Using same mags & ammo?

Guest TargetShooter84

The lasermax is the only thing different. The spring can't be backwards because the laser is built inside the spring. The lasermax replaces the orginal spring with the laser built inside that is below the barrel.

I did have to replace the slide release buttons that lets you slide the slide all the way out to clean or lube it. That replacement release button is metal and is the laser switch, its turned on by pushing it one way sideways to turn it on.

That's about it.

I've always used Walmart ammo and no issues with it. No new mags, same ones that came with it. No changes there before the lasermax.

Guest TargetShooter84

Lasermax has this components: Spring with laser built into it, and the little buttons that you push down to slide the slide out to clean or lube it out, that little button is replaced by a metal one that acts as a on/off switch for the laser.

That's about it.

I will do a teardown tomorrow or this week sometime and report back to you guys.

I took my G19 out yesterday to shoot with my girlfriend. .

so this explains why you have been MIA lately :)

As far as the G19 goes, I didn't understand all of your post but make sure your thumb(s) is not pushing upward and making the slide stop engage.

Guest TargetShooter84
so this explains why you have been MIA lately :)

As far as the G19 goes, I didn't understand all of your post but make sure your thumb(s) is not pushing upward and making the slide stop engage.

My thumb isn't even anywhere near the slide lock button.

What surprised me was that I thought it was the bullet malfunction with the mag but it kept doing it after every trigger pull, the slide just locks into place and I have to push the lock button to disengage it.

Gonna work on that this week and take Garufa's advice.

And yes, I've been MIA because of her :)

Glock ran fine.

Put in different spring/laser and take down lever.

Glock doesn't run fine.

What's the obvious likely problem?

OP hasn't even returned to previous condition to test, which in all likelihood would prove the cause.

Jeez.

- OS

Guest TargetShooter84

I didn't have the original parts with me when I went shooting that day. And I was over 3 hours away from home so I didn't have any choice but shoot my other guns and put up my G19.

Gonna work on the G19 this week and return it to its original parts and test fire it.

It sounds like the slide stop spring wasn't replaced correctly. Check to see that the spring leg is properly seated under the locking block pin. If the leg is on top or in front of this pin it will push up on the slide stop instead of pushing down like it's supposed too locking the slide back after every shot. Make sure the spring isn't too mangled to be useable.

a6cd0d6a-a099-11b8.jpg

I second Johnnychimpo. Put the smaller upper pin in first, then slide the slide stop lever in, ensuring that the spring rests underneath the pin. Then put the bigger pin in. Why would I know that:) The first time I reassembled my Glock and took it to the range. A friend looked at my Glock and pointed that out right away. I sure wish you were here in Clarksville, I would love to take a look at that issue if it isn't the slide lock spring "over" the pin. There are so few parts in the Glock that isolation and troubleshooting shouldn't be a problem if done methodically.

Guest TargetShooter84
It sounds like the slide stop spring wasn't replaced correctly. Check to see that the spring leg is properly seated under the locking block pin. If the leg is on top or in front of this pin it will push up on the slide stop instead of pushing down like it's supposed too locking the slide back after every shot. Make sure the spring isn't too mangled to be useable.

a6cd0d6a-a099-11b8.jpg

I second Johnnychimpo. Put the smaller upper pin in first, then slide the slide stop lever in, ensuring that the spring rests underneath the pin. Then put the bigger pin in. Why would I know that:) The first time I reassembled my Glock and took it to the range. A friend looked at my Glock and pointed that out right away. I sure wish you were here in Clarksville, I would love to take a look at that issue if it isn't the slide lock spring "over" the pin. There are so few parts in the Glock that isolation and troubleshooting shouldn't be a problem if done methodically.

Thank you guys!

I will work on it this week when I have some free time and report back to you!

This really helps out alot!