Knox gunshow

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just a reminder to those who happen to walk in with a loaded magazine.

THE GUARDS ARE BREAKING THE LAW WHEN THEY STEAL YOUR AMMO!!!

They can not take your personal property without due process of the law regardless of the signs they have posted. In the same way I can't steal someone's truck after they drive past a sign saying "No trucks" at the end of my driveway. The guards are doing this at the Expo Center, post a sign then take private property as they point to the signs. Value has nothing to do with it, whether it is a $1 or a $1,000,000, theft is theft. They can do one of two things, ask you to leave or ask you to put the ammo in your vehicle but they can not take your property.

When they stole my ammo last year I spoke to LE and was told that the guards were in fact stealing. Rather than ruin the life of the young kid who took my ammo I allowed the gun show promoter, Rex, to make things right. Rex did make it right by having his nephew give me money (no questions asked by the way) to purchase new ammo. Imagine if everyone who has had their ammo stolen over the last year and a half called upon Rex to make things right by having him pay for their stolen ammo.

If you have had ammo stolen give Rex a call and he will make things right with cash.

R.K. Shows, Inc.

PO Box 334

Manchester, IA 52057

Phone: 563-927-8176

Phone: 563-927-8310

Phone: 563-927-2233

Fax: 563-927-8207

The security company is:

419 E. Morelia Ave.

Knoxville, TN37917

865-740-6660

It is owned and operated by Gene Farmer and does in fact work for Knox County Sheriff's Office in Shools Division.

Every show I see them doing the same thing, stealing private property without due process of law. At some point someone needs to file criminal charges against the thieves then get rich by suing the security company they work for as well as the Expo Center for violating their Fifth Ammendment Right. RK Shows are in no danger because the security is provided by and working as an agent of the Expo Center, not RK Shows.

Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself,
nor be deprived
of life, liberty, or
property
without due process of law
; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation

Also, this violates the Constitution of Tennessee

Section 8.
That no man shall be taken or imprisoned, or disseized of his freehold, liberties or privileges, or outlawed, or exiled, or in any manner destroyed or
deprived of his
life, liberty or
property
, but by the judgment of his peers, or the law of the land.

And just to reiterate, NO PRIVATE ENTITIY CAN TAKE YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY WITHOUT DUE PROCESS! And a sign does not constitute due process. Even the Knox County DA's office has stated that they are in fact stealing but admitted that they probably wouldn't prosecute because of the small value being stolen. He did say to call the police and make a report of the theft though. He went on to say that after getting a report sue them as well as the Expo Center in civil court for damages. And there is the problem, people aren't willing to spend or even afford the $1,000+ dollars to sue them over a $30 box of ammo. So the security company is getting away with theft.

Dolomite

. In the same way I can't steal someone's truck after they drive past a sign saying "No trucks" at the end of my driveway.

I was sweating it when I pulled into you place last week, I surely was concerned you were gonna take my truck away :P

you did not take my ammo either :D

i am all the way in the back on the right as you come in under the reloading supplies sign

With the best prices on anything related to reloading. Also has an amazing selection. He is an honest, no BS seller that will do you right every time. I have spent a lot of money with him over the last few years and have never felt I was taken advantage of.

Dolomite

I went to the Expo today hoping to get a good close look at a SR1911. Only one vender had a SR1911 and he only brought ONE. Needless to say, it sold about 5 minutes after the doors opened. :up:

On a side note; I stopped at a gun shop on my way to Knoxville to buy my hunting license & asked them about the SR1911. They said it wasn't in production & was only a rumor started by Ruger.....ok?!? Several venders at the Expo today, said they hadn't heard of it either. I figured venders would be all over the new Ruger, but maybe not...maybe next month at Chilhowee. :D

On a side note; I stopped at a gun shop on my way to Knoxville to buy my hunting license & asked them about the SR1911. They said it wasn't in production & was only a rumor started by Ruger.....ok?!?...

Oh prithee tell, which of our illustrious firearm purveyors was so thustly well informed?

- OS

With the best prices on anything related to reloading. Also has an amazing selection. He is an honest, no BS seller that will do you right every time. I have spent a lot of money with him over the last few years and have never felt I was taken advantage of.

Dolomite

thank you i try very hard to do just that

Guest Mr.26

I walked out with two 40rd mags for my AK a single point sling a bunch of ammo and a great time

Gotta love them gun-shows

Dolomite

+1 David is a great guy. Most of the reason I go to the shows anymore is to grab something from him. I don't go anywhere else for reloading supplies as David always treats me right and saves me money.

I expected the place to be wall to wall patron's but it was the least attended gun show I have ever been to. Definitely a buyers market.

Overall a pretty good show.

I think somebody forgot to tell the sellers it was a buyers market. I overheard quite a few conversations this morning between different dealers complaining that nobody was buying. They had plenty of time to comiserate among themselves as there was hardly anybody there this morning anyway. Did not see any "buyers market" pricing. I mostly look at the Milsurp stuff and hunting rifles and it was the same worn out junk that is usually there, overpriced by at least half. Perhaps a few more of these dismal outing and the dealers will wise up and start selling the stuff for what is really worth.