Bills Outpost transfer fee

laktrash

Sorry I can't find the orginal thread that discused Bills outpost transfer fees. There was a discussion about it being $20 + $10 or $30 +$10. I just left there earlier today and they told me the maryville store is still $20 + $10 and the new Knoxville location is going to be $30 + $10. You might want to verify on your own before doing a transfer, but this was what I was told . BTW I talked to Tom super nice and helpful. Told me he was glad to do the transfers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the clarification. I wish it would stay $20 at the new location but it cuts the distance in 1/2 for me so at least I will save on gas. Bill's prices on firearms are very competitive too though.

Any word on when the new store is opening?

Sorry I didn't think to ask . He was discussing with another guy about going over to set up display cases, so I imagine fairly soon He was off and on the phone and I didn't want to be a PIA since I was just asking about transfering outta state from an individual.

Last I checked they were hoping for the last week of this month. I cant wait to shop the new store, it is so much closer for me. I hope that Bill will be there occasionally, he is a very helpful on getting in oddball items. I am probably a PIA but they are always nice and treat me great.

Guest bulluck533

Bill will be working in the knoxville store for the first couple of months that it is opened to train the new guy Rob. Rob is a nice guy and in the future will be a good man to deal with.

Guest bulluck533

Im sure if business is successful there he will lower the price eventually. By the way he just got his FFL licence today so the new store will be opened at the beginning of next month!

Guest nysos

Good news, I didn't know they were opening a store in knoxville. I will have to drop by and check them out after they open. I hope more local stores open up in knoxville to help promote some competition between the stores, and also for a better variety of goods. Can't wait.

Guest rebeldrummer

Any word on when the new store is opening?

June 3rd is the word I'm getting!? A Friday and Saturday grand opening.....maybe??

Unfortunately, I am in Memphis and a couple of the shops I have dealt with will charge $25+10 for a used firearm and 40 or 50 + 10 for a new one!!!! It's obscene but I also understand they would rather sell you that new weapon so they get the profit, so they are "protecting" their business. I have used a pawn shop (20+10) but sometimes not as comfortable with that. So, does anyone know any FFLs with reasonable transfer fees in the Memphis area????

Glad to see Bill's coming to Knoxville. I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with those guys. They offer actual customer service in a gun shop... what a novel concept!

Glad to see Bill's coming to Knoxville. I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with those guys. They offer actual customer service in a gun shop... what a novel concept!

I wouldn't know how to cope with that.

Guest bulluck533

Bill was also talking about having a large amount of holsters at this new store. Something about over 600 holsters! Along with a large amount of mags, ammo, and over 200 guns at the grand opening. Im going to have to go check it out on June 3rd.

Bill was also talking about having a large amount of holsters at this new store. Something about over 600 holsters! Along with a large amount of mags, ammo, and over 200 guns at the grand opening. Im going to have to go check it out on June 3rd.

do you work there? This is your umpteenth post about it now.

Went by there today and peeked in the windows. It seemed like there is still a LOT of work to be done. I would be surprised if they get it finished by the 3rd. No one appeared to be working inside either. There was an entire wall full of holsters though. I'm excited