COD: Modern Warfare 3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I prefer a game with both a strong SP campaign and good MP also. One or the other only does not equal the cost of the games today.

I had thirty days played in MW2 multiplayer. I have around 15 in Black Ops right now. I honestly put all of the value on multiplayer at this point. The campaign story is fun but is not a deal breaker for someone like me.

I can check my time played since I have it on steam but I mean I still go back and replay the SP periodically so I value that part of the game. That was something that was sorely missed in BF 2 regardless of me loving the game I still wanted that SP.

Did you get Portal 2? I actually paid 60 to get it on xbox instead of my normal pc so I could do the coop with my daughter but still I got the game for the SP.

Actually you didn't reference anything. You just said the name and an ellipsis.

But thats beside the point. I can't control what happened with Sony. But I can say that I won't pay someone to be able to use the internet that I pay for (Xbox Live Subscription). And since my PS3 was free, I am not going to complain. It sucked that it was down but it definitely wasn't the end of the world.

I know what it means. I was more refrencing the security breaches they have been having.

My bad. It sucks for all those dudes who had their credit cards on file. A general rule I have: if it doesn't have Norton/another program, my card number doesn't go near it.

Guest Dukebb23

Hello all,

After being on this forum for about 2 weeks now I just saw the off topic forum. Good looking right. I am right now at prestige 12 or 13 in cod black ops on PS3. My buddy plays on Xbox and was telling me that the new map packs for black ops are freaking huge compared to the last map pack, so that might give me a reason to continue playing this laggy game. I am really looking forward to the Release of Battlefield 3. If it wasn't for all my friends playing COD games I would still be on the BBC2. I think I maxed out at 50 within the first 2 months. Great Game and they only made it better with the Vietnam pack. Pm me if you want to be added to the Playstation 3 friends list.

PC player here - Observations may be different on console versions:

To me, COD and BF are totally different games. The only thing they have in common are being FPS games. The COD series more of an arcade style run-n-gun fast action shooter. Small maps with fast respawns keeps the action going with the expense of having some really sucky respawn locations from time to time. IW typically gets it right more often than Treyarch, but IW stumbled a bit with MW2 (the departed COD team was evident) with the low player limit, obvious port of a console game, and total lack of dedicated servers. ThenTreyarch hit a homerun with BlackOps. But by and large, IW did better than Treyarch. Treyarch gets a big +1 for having a Capture The Flag game mode and a bigger +1000 for zombies. If IW goes back to their MW2 server formula with MW3, I'll probably pass. I'd forgotten how much I hated it until BlackOps was released and it reminded me of how a PC game is supposed to be hosted. I don't think I'd go back to the MW2 method.

Battelfield rocks for its vehicles but blows as a ground pounder. The huge maps and many more players than COD suck when you walk/run through it all the time. I always feel like I spend at least 50% of my gaming time trying to find the action. Vehicles help that alot. Respawning on a team mate was a brilliant idea to get back in quickly too. For ground-pounding, the hit boxes are extremely small compared to the COD series. In BF2, BF2142, and to a lesser degree in Bad Company2, you can go prone, line up a perfect kill shot with a SAW, open up on a dude with his back to you just 50 feet away, and he can turn and kill you with his handgun before you finish him off. Unless you can snipe, vehicle on vehicle fights is where it's at with the BF series.

Edited by monkeylizard

Battlefield 2 was the first FPS that I played. It opened me up to CoD. I really liked a lot about BF2 but CoD was much more fun for me. I stuck with CoD until now but I think that the perfect game would be a mixture of the two.

Guest Dukebb23

I think that's how we all got into cod in the first place. Everyone had someone playing then made you buy just to disappointed by the multiplayer. The vehicles in battlefield makes battlefield what it is a tactical game. Although you can use a silenced spas 12 gauge to blow people's heads off from across the map. My favorite when it first came out. Not sure if they ever fixed it but man it was like plinking with a 22.

• 2 weeks later...
I just heard last night that MW3 will be like MW2, a console port to the PC. No dedicated servers. No thanks. I'll pass. I forgot how much I hated MW2's server setup until I read that. IW now officially sucks in the PC world.

It will be like MW2 aka not buying. I dont really care for FPS on consoles and no dedicated servers = no bueno for PC. I do want to play the single player but it will have to be long for me to bother. BF3 will be my prefered method of killing newbs.