Where has country music gone.....

Guest texas308

No worries sir. I was in high school when that record was released and just started working for a music distribution company. I found that album on my first day and its been one of my favorites ever since.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Field Boss

This Country Music of now is not Country Music. There is no one out there today that compair the music of Jim Reeves, Eddie Arnold, Marty Robbins and some others..........I guess that we real Country Music fans are offeended by these new people with the new music claiming to be Country Music And as far Kid Rock "NO"

so im not the only one who hinks that half the stuff that comes on the radio sounds like gay pop crap most of it is a disgrace to country i will just keep listining to my hank jr hank sr, George strait, George jones , charlie daniels, cds i also like Sammy kershawm Jo diffie, Blake shelton , Johny cash, Travis tritt, Tracy lawrence, and others along those lines

There may have already been a thread about this but...what's happened to country? I don't see how they are allowed to call the trash on the radio country music. It makes me cringe....I'll just keep playing my cd's I guess, let me know when country music is back.:wall:

User_Tezzla_Cannon_chuck_norris_approved.gif

I AGREE!!

It's no longer both types; country and western. Ain't been that way for a long ass time now and I'm glad of it. Country music has just grown (out of its own popularity) the way of pop and rock have, ie pop country, rockin' country or traditional / roots country.

Stop yer' whining and listen to what you like. Just as long I don't hear it in my living room as you drive down the street. :-)

So, your saying that you are a serious Rascal Flats fan and celebrate their entire collection??? Thought more of you than that!

I saw this right before I left work today and when I get in my truck, and guess who was on the radio? I blame you. :D

I am with you folks. My Pandora Radio on my phone is loaded up with John Anderson,Clint Black, Garth Brooks, Confederate Railroad, Earl Thomas Connaly, Charlie Daniels, David Allan Coe, Chris LeDoux, and Dwight Yoakam. I can thank of maybe 3 songs released in the past 10 years that I enjoy. The only ones to blame are the lazy radio DJ's that play the same 50 songs over and over rather than looking up something new, local, or different than the neighboring stations.

The program director gets paid to schedule some songs.

Hitler said "A lie repeated often enough is believed to be the truth."

Awful music heard over and over is perceived to be good...look at rap.

I produced the morning show on AC station in a top 50 market. I know what I'm talking about.

Guest J.D. Skull

Look at Rap! I would rather look at it than listen to it. I started to watch the 8 mile movie, But could only stand a 1/2 mile.:)

This ol' boy grew up listening to the am clear channel "Grand ol Oprey" from the ryman every saturday night when I could get it. WCKY, Cincinnati had some good performances broadcast. And then there was the Old Dominion Barndance out of Virginia. I learned to enjoy 'country', 'cw' or even hillbilly as it was sometimes called. And then there was 'western' and 'western swing'. And then along came bluegrass. Love it all. The stuff that is being performed today is IMO not anything close to country. Nor are the performers country for the most part. I call the stuff that is being played today, 'Rocky Bop.

oldogy

Well as long as we're posting stuff about how modern mainstream "country" sucks, I'll add these (Dale Watson has made disparaging poppy crap his personal crusade):

And lastly, one that always cracks me up, b/c it rings so true, but WAY NSFW / LANGUAGE Warning!...On second thought, go to YouTube and do a search for Robbie Fulks if you're so interested. The song is the one with a four-letter word in the title - you know, the big one from "A Christmas Story". I was going to post a link here, but I don't want to go too far. I'll bet all you degenerates are interested now, huh?

one of my best memories as a child was every sunday, after church we would put on some records of Merle Haggard, George Jones, Conway Twitty, Willy Nelson, etc and eat lunch and then clean the house. Every time I hear "he stopped loving her today", Sing me back home, Hello Darlin, etc. Man, to me that was country music.

Now I do like some of the country today but nothing comes close to the country I remember from the 70's and 80's. Eddie Rabbit was my favorite back when I was like 6, Louisiana saturday night was my favorite song for the longest time

I said the same thing about Rock back around 1974. But later some good stuff came around, and there's some new Rock today that's good.

Can't say much about Country, not much of a fan myself, but I've heard the same grousing. These things are cyclical.

Guest nicemac

Putting the words tractor, holler, or coon dog in a song does not make it country music.

There is some decent music on country radio, it just isn't country music…

Too bad many of you have forgotten about the ladies of country! Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee, Crystal Gale just to name a few! But one of my all time favorites is still C. W. McCall "Convoy" it always gives me a grin!