Anyone Watch "Colbert Report"?

Has anyone seen this show on Comedy Central? I watched some clips off the website. Honestly, anyone who makes fun of Obama is OK in my book.

But they contacted me. Seems they are doing a segment on Doug Jackson, state senator from Dickson, as a hero for introducing legislation allowing carry "in bars." (yes yes, I know it wont allow that).

So they want to interview a gun dealer as well, and....

Wondering what anyone's take on that is.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a great show. When they do reports, there isn't normally a lot of obvious bias, they tend to make everyone look ridiculous equally. You should do it, If there's anyone that I think could handle this without making gun owners look completely insane, it's you.

I'm a big fan, although Colbert goes over the top on occasion. The whole show is designed as a parody of anything having to do with Bill O'Reily, who Colbert refers to as "Papa Bear." But they make fun of ® and (D) alike, as does sister show The Daily Show.

Remember, Colbert generally believes the opposite of what he says on the show.

It's a great show. When they do reports, there isn't normally a lot of obvious bias, they tend to make everyone look ridiculous equally. You should do it, If there's anyone that I think could handle this without making gun owners look completely insane, it's you.

+1

I watch it regular.They dont take anyone seriously.Its not a "news"show,but a comedy.If you say up,he says down,you say left,he says right all for the sake of a joke.Seeing how you take jokes (and dish them)here on TGO you will do great!!:rolleyes:

ps.just dont mention the 14 year old for sale!

Look at the bright side, they could not possible make you look worse! :D

Sorry had to take a shot.

I agree if anyone should do it it should be you.

Make us proud.

PS: if you do it try to find out when it will be televised and let us know.

We could get it on you tube and make a sticky out of it.

Guest CrazyLincoln

They will edit whatever you say into oblivion. For example, they will take a clip of you saying "yes" and splice it in after a clip where the interviewer asks "do you advocate drinking and packing?"

Its all in good fun, but just be prepared, what you say may be totally different from what airs.

Look at the bright side, they could not possible make you look worse! :D

Sorry had to take a shot.

I agree if anyone should do it it should be you.

Make us proud.

PS: if you do it try to find out when it will be televised and let us know.

We could get it on you tube and make a sticky out of it.

Well look at it this way, if Rabbi did it, it would be harder to make fun of him than if they went and found some big oaf to interview. At least Rabbi would present himself as intelligent.

You have to do it! But be prepared they will ask you crazy questions, that can then be edited into something funny. Also Stephen Colbert doesn't hate Obama, its just an act.

Guest atomemphis

No one-word answers. That's how they dupe you into edited-moron-ville.

When you answer a question, look somewhat happy (the serious people always are portrayed as an ass) and give concise answers.

Such as:

Q: Do you think people should be allowed to go to bars packing?

A: Only if a person isn't drinking should they be allowed to carry in a bar.

or

Q: Do you drink and play with guns.

A: No one should combine alcohol and guns, except the ATF, and they get cigarettes too.

If you do it, I would rehearse what you would say to probable questions. They will also likely film you for a moment without asking you a question, so they can later pose a question, and have the blank-stare+silence bit go on, to make you look dumb.

I would also suggest dressing nicer than usual (regardless of your usual dress) only because it is common to typecast Tennesseans as redneck bumpkins.

My 2cents. I personally would not do the interview, but can understand wanting to. Hope your sense of humor is good, and you are better at laughing at yourself than most.

Guest jackdog

I'd say go for it, You have a quick mind and a sense of humor. Yeah they will edit it to make you look bad but hey why not have some fun. I doubt that anyone takes any of this show seriously any way.

I guess you could let some other local gun shop get the free national publicity. Maybe Hero Gear? Gun City? Hmmm...I can see the front page of the Scene now...Music City's Rabbi of Ragnarok-n-Roll! Bill this could be absolutely hilarious. I will be by the shop tommorrow to try and talk you into it.

Edited by Urse
Guest DonRickles
I guess you could let some other local gun shop get the free national publicity. Maybe Hero Gear? Gun City? Hmmm...I can see the front page of the Scene now...Music City's Rabbi of Ragnarok-n-Roll! Bill this could be absolutely hilarious. I will be by the shop tommorrow to try and talk you into it.

An Orthodox Jewish Gun dealer in Nashville TN where they let rednecks carry guns into bars? That could be some classic comedy right there.