Notable news: Gurkha soldier who single-handedly defeated more than 30 Taliban

All:_______________

Please take the time to read this great article --- link here: Hero Gurkha handed bravery medal by Queen said: 'I thought I was going to die... so I tried to kill as many as I could' | Mail Online

Take the time to check out the picture of this little brown man standing with the queen.

We salute you, Corpral Dipprasad Pun, First Batallion, Royal Gurkah Rifles!!

I wonder just what this little brown man would have had to do to win the Victoria Cross??!.

With great admiration

leroy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Either that or he would have had to die. But you've definitely hit on something, there.

I'm extremely interested in people (racists) who make every mention of "black, tar," and similiar descriptive words a reason to spread racist hatred but never bother to think that "white, whitey, cracker" and other descriptive are as insulting to me as the words of color are to them.

I'm not white...I'm pink...when I get mad I turn red, if I'm ready to faint I'm pasty. I am not white and I consider it a racial slur.

AND IT WAS AN ENGLISHMAN I WAS QUOTING!!!

There are things that set me off. America has become the home of the "first offended." Well, I'm offended.

The acts of magnificent bravery of this native of India were actually belittled by the honor he recieved. Somene asked what he would have to have done to receive the Victoria Cross. And I said he would have to be a British gentleman. Meaning that if a British gentleman had performed the same acts of heroism he would have received Englands TOP honor (and would have had a real good shot at a knighthood) I was agreed with twice. The term "touch of the tarbrush" is used by many English gentlemen to denote "not quite good enough." I read...a lot...I read history and I've seen that term used many times. PC history is fake and no attempts to change it will give the turd a clean end! I'm not appologising...fersure

Since the VC was introduced it has been awarded to Gurkhas or British officers serving with Gurkha regiments 26 times.[4] The first award was made in 1858 to a British officer of the Gurkhas, John Tytler, during the campaigns that followed the Indian Rebellion of 1857, while the first award to a native Gurkha, Kulbir Thapa, was in 1915 during the First World War. When the Victoria Cross was initially established, Gurkhas, along with all other native troops of the British East India Company Army or the British Indian Army, were not eligible for the decoration and as such, up until 1911, all of the Gurkha recipients of the award were British officers who were attached to Gurkha regiments.[5] Until that time the highest award that Gurkhas were eligible for was the Indian Order of Merit. Since 1911 however, of the 16 VCs awarded to men serving with Gurkha regiments, 13 have been bestowed upon native Gurkhas.[4] The most recent award was made in 1965 to Rambahadur Limbu, during the Indonesia–Malaysia confrontation.[4] Along with the Royal Green Jackets, the Gurkha Regiments are one of the most heavily decorated Commonwealth regiments.[6]

In 1950, when India became a republic, Gurkhas serving in the Gurkha regiments of the Indian Army lost their eligibility for the Victoria Cross and they are now covered under the separate Indian honours system. Under this system the Param Vir Chakra (PVC), which is India's highest military decoration for valour,[7] is considered to be equivalent to the Victoria Cross. As such only those serving in the Gurkha units of the British Army remain eligible for the Victoria Cross.[2]

Since the VC was introduced it has been awarded to Gurkhas or British officers serving with Gurkha regiments 26 times.[4] The first award was made in 1858 to a British officer of the Gurkhas, John Tytler, during the campaigns that followed the Indian Rebellion of 1857, while the first award to a native Gurkha, Kulbir Thapa, was in 1915 during the First World War. When the Victoria Cross was initially established, Gurkhas, along with all other native troops of the British East India Company Army or the British Indian Army, were not eligible for the decoration and as such, up until 1911, all of the Gurkha recipients of the award were British officers who were attached to Gurkha regiments.[5] Until that time the highest award that Gurkhas were eligible for was the Indian Order of Merit. Since 1911 however, of the 16 VCs awarded to men serving with Gurkha regiments, 13 have been bestowed upon native Gurkhas.[4] The most recent award was made in 1965 to Rambahadur Limbu, during the Indonesia–Malaysia confrontation.[4] Along with the Royal Green Jackets, the Gurkha Regiments are one of the most heavily decorated Commonwealth regiments.[6]

In 1950, when India became a republic, Gurkhas serving in the Gurkha regiments of the Indian Army lost their eligibility for the Victoria Cross and they are now covered under the separate Indian honours system. Under this system the Param Vir Chakra (PVC), which is India's highest military decoration for valour,[7] is considered to be equivalent to the Victoria Cross. As such only those serving in the Gurkha units of the British Army remain eligible for the Victoria Cross.[2]

There are things that set me off. America has become the home of the "first offended." Well, I'm offended.

The acts of magnificent bravery of this native of India were actually belittled by the honor he recieved. Somene asked what he would have to have done to receive the Victoria Cross. And I said he would have to be a British gentleman. Meaning that if a British gentleman had performed the same acts of heroism he would have received Englands TOP honor (and would have had a real good shot at a knighthood) I was agreed with twice. The term "touch of the tarbrush" is used by many English gentlemen to denote "not quite good enough." I read...a lot...I read history and I've seen that term used many times. PC history is fake and no attempts to change it will give the turd a clean end! I'm not appologising...fersure

Have you considered the possibility that he got this particular award because he was not wounded while performing this heroic deed, or that it is because there were no, (or not enough), witnesses to the deed? There are many soldiers who deserved the CMH, IMO, yet did not get it for reasons such as these. Now if one could produce anything other than sheer speculation that he got a lesser award because of the color of his skin then I'd be outraged as well: however, such is not the case here. In fact, (and I thought about my earlier post for many hours before posting), the OP sounds racist in and of itself, and that is what prompted my remarks. Clearly, I am not the only one who thought this, and only Leroy knows the truth.

In 1950, when India became a republic, Gurkhas serving in the Gurkha regiments of the Indian Army lost their eligibility for the Victoria Cross and they are now covered under the separate Indian honours system. Under this system the Param Vir Chakra (PVC), which is India's highest military decoration for valour,[7] is considered to be equivalent to the Victoria Cross. As such only those serving in the Gurkha units of the British Army remain eligible for the Victoria Cross.

ooooh...he was eligible for the VC

The Royal Gurkha Rifles (RGR) is a regiment of the British Army, forming part of the Brigade of Gurkhas. The Royal Gurkha Rifles are now the sole infantry regiment of the British Army Gurkhas. Like the other Gurkha regiments of the British and Indian armies, the regiment is recruited from Gurkhas, a term for people from Nepal, which is a nation independent of the United Kingdom and not a member of the Commonwealth. The regiment was formed in 1994 from the amalgamation of the four separate Gurkha regiments in the British Army:

The Gurkhas in general and the direct predecessors of the Royal Gurkha Rifles in particular are considered by some to be among the finest infantrymen in the world, as is evidenced by the high regard they are held in for both their fighting skill, and their smartness of turnout on parade.[1] Their standard of drill is considered to be on a par with that of the Foot Guards and in July 1997 the regiment mounted the guard at Buckingham Palace.

In December 1995, Lieutenant-Colonel Bijaykumar Rawat became the commanding officer of the 1st Battalion, the first Nepalese to become a battalion commander in the RGR. He oversaw the departure of the battalion from Hong Kong just before that city's transfer to Chinese control, and the battalion's relocation to Church Crookham, Hampshire in 1996. Their motto is: Better to die than live a coward.

...We were talking to the OP not you.....

Look at the picture. He is small in stature (...that is ---"little" -- he aint as tall as the queen mum...). He is brown (...take a close look...). What's the problem?

Note that the end of the original post says "....with great admiration....". That's exactly what it means.

This little man is a "genuine hero", full of courage, dedication, and bravery. A man who happens to be "little (...in stature...) and (...brown...) serving in a military run by white folks, just as it was when "Britainnia ruled the waves". Ever hear of "the white man's burden"? It's a old british construct.

Hows that for an extended explanation!? (...as if i needed to make one...).

leroy

Edited by leroy

Well said bajabuc!!! Good work.

leroy

By the way SW: RE: this:

....OP sounds racist in and of itself, and that is what prompted my remarks. Clearly, I am not the only one who thought this, and only Leroy knows the truth. ...

Sounds a bit overbearing and preachy to me. Leave it to the "tolerance police" to turn a genuine admirative comment into a "racist dentigration." By the way; who elected you as the official conscience and arbitor of what is 'racist" and what aint? For the "truth" of this matter, see the post above.

leroy

Edited by leroy