No ammo

Guest TNGunClub.com

Guest TNGunClub.com

I have gone to every place I can think of to buy ammo. My shelf is almost clean and I need to stock up. Anyone from the Middle TN area know where I can get some .380 and .9mm

They were out at three stores I have checked.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TN.Frank

Wal-Mart always seems to be stocked up on ammo, at least on 9x19mm but don't call it that or it'll only confuse the poor counter person, call it "9mm Luger" and they'll understand what you're talking about,LOL. Of course you could always order from these guys, they've got a pretty decent price.

Ammunition To Go : Your one stop for all of your ammunition needs!

Edited by TN.Frank
add information

The Wal-Mart by my house Old Hickory/Nolensville always has 9MM but .380 is hit or miss. The Outpost which is closer to you, always has ammo, but in my experience, not always the cheapest for range type ammo. Hadn't been in there in awhile but they should atleast have stock.

• 3 months later...

Just to update this thread, stopped by the WM in Mt. Juliet this AM, they are stocked w/ a great deal of ammo (for a WM), and many varieties inc. 380 and 357 Sig. along w/ rifle ammo.

For some reason the WWB 9mm seems to have gone up a good bit in price, the Fed. Champion 100 rd. box (target) was the best value at $20 box.

Now don't expect to find the SD or exotic stuff there like at the gun shops but for target and std. hunting ammo the price is good.

40 S&W handgun ammo ammunition - AmmoSeek.com

gun-deals.com - User-Submitted Gun & Ammunition Deals

AmmoEngine: .40 S&W / .40 Smith & Wesson, Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals

Either one of those will give some decent prices. Slickdeals.net will have a couple of posts about good ammo deals but nothing amazing.

Realistically speaking, unless you're buying 1000 rounds at a time, it's hard to beat Wal-Mart's prices on Ammo when you factor in shipping costs. My Federal Ammo costs $16.97 a box at Wal-Mart or $0.34 a round. The cheapest price I can find online is $12.95 for a box of 50 which is good until you add in that $10 for shipping. If I want more, they have a box of 250 .40 Remington UMC's for $70 which comes to $0.28 a round. See what I mean about being hard to beat :koolaid:

Just to update this thread, stopped by the WM in Mt. Juliet this AM, they are stocked w/ a great deal of ammo (for a WM), and many varieties inc. 380 and 357 Sig. along w/ rifle ammo.

For some reason the WWB 9mm seems to have gone up a good bit in price, the Fed. Champion 100 rd. box (target) was the best value at $20 box.

Now don't expect to find the SD or exotic stuff there like at the gun shops but for target and std. hunting ammo the price is good.

Yeah unfortunately, the .40 and .45 bullets really jumped in price. $2 a box for Federal 50 round boxes for .40 and $3-$4 depending on the Walmart for .45. The 9mm is still sorta around the same price but I think it went up $1 a box. Thankfully, they now have 250 round bricks of Remington which are slightly cheaper and my Walmart has really been beefing up their selection of Rifle ammo lately. They now carry like 6-7 different brands of .223 ammo instead of just one or two. I think before they only had the 100 round "value" box and the small box of Remington .223. Now, they've got TulAmmo, American Eagle, something that starts with a P and a few more. I was even in one in Lenoir City and the guy behind the counter told a customer that he could order a gun and have it shipped to Walmart. Not 100% sure if he meant from Walmart's catalog or as an FFL but still a pretty decent thing to do. Now all they need are good self defense rounds instead of just WWB and Hornady's.

Edit:

They are $77 in price so $0.31 a round.

Edited by wcsc12

Walmart has all the target ammo I've ever needed, although at times it was hard to find .38 special. I stopped by the Rivergate Wally world last weekend and resupplied. Bass Pro Shops ships ammo, which is where I picked up my Hornady Self Defense for my .380 LCP. You just need to buy enough to make the shipping charges worth it...