Best Subcompact 9mm

MrBrian

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the SR9c may be slightly thinner but overall I do think it's bigger but I haven't compared them side by side. The 26 didn't feel good to me.

I would suggest to handle and shoot, if possible, all the ones you're considering.

SR9c is bigger than the Glock 26 isn't it...

simply put, yes it is. Both are great guns though.

I have carried my Gen 4 26 nearly every day this summer and it conceals nicely. I just wish it didn't feel like a 2x4 in my hand. It's accurate and reliable though.

Guest highvoltage

i have had the kel tec pf9 and sold it to get my sr9c. my sr9c is the perfect carry gun for me. so i would have to say sr9c

I shoot a G27 and XD40sc and haven't noticed any difficulty switching between them. I carry the G27 more often, as the wife prefers the XD.

I figured as much. Maybe I'm just a bad shot. :)

Nah....

Guest nysos

Still may be too thick for your tastes, but I'll give another vote to the m&p9c. I carry a m&p40c and don't notice the thickness at all, and I am a skinny guy. Thinness does make a gun easier to conceal, but imo you should still be able to conceal a double stack with no problem and being comfortable. What sort of carry rig are you wearing? What position is it in? Do you have a good gunbelt as well? I may be thinking some minor adjustments might just need to be in order and you may just continue to carry your g19. Be a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a new gun.

If you are going single stack, walther or kahr would probably get my vote. If you are willing to take a chance with a newer design and possible flaws as being a first round tester, take a look at the kimber solo and the sig p290. I personally love the feel of the kimber solo, and find the trigger really good. The biggest turn offs being the price, and sketchy reports. Some people no problems, others loads of problems. Same thing I hear about the p290, either perfect or full of flaws.

Given I had the money and was in your shoes, I would buy a kahr cm9.

Edited by nysos
Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
I think you would be just as happy with the CM9. I've been thinking about getting one for my GF.

Seconded! The less expensive models tend to be really great values.

Guest bluemarlin

Glock 26 in my crossbreed supertuck holster is so comfortable to me that I forget it's there. Grip length is just as important to CCW as thickness and maybe more. If you like the G 19 as much as you say, and you really believe that you need more than the 10 + 1 the G26 has for firepower, then just bring one of your G19 mags with you as a spare. It will work just fine with the shorter grip G26. I would also suggest that if possible, try before you buy because all of this really doesn't matter if whatever you decide upon doesn't feel good in your hand and you can't shoot your new gun as well. Have a great day!

Guest tommy62
My glock does have the newer 04 spring in it and I haven't had a bit of trouble with it... i've shot S&B FMJ 115 and 147 grain, Independence FMJ 115 grain, and Federal JHP +P+ and all of them shoot very well (the Federal JHP are fun)

I have looked at the LC9, I like the size but when I picked it up it felt a little cheap, because the polymer frame... Haven't shot it yet... I've heard mixed reviews

I've also looked at the Ruger SR9c.... how comfortable is it IWB?

The Kahr PM9 looks nice, but I don't like how it hangs up when you pull the slide back... In a high stressed situation... would I remember to release that slide if I'm used to the Glock...

Loving the opinions, keep them coming

The SR9c carries great and Shoots well. My EDC.

Guest HunterDude

Ive got a sr9c and it's a pretty good pistol now. Had several problems with it when I first got it, sent it back to Ruger and they took care of it. I got a kholster(IWB) holster for it and am having a hard time getting used to putting it on everyday. Not as comfy as I thought it would be. I do like the looks of the PM9 myself, but I've never shot one. I think it would be to big for pocket carry though. But when I ever get another pistol I want one I can just put in a pocket holster and stick in my pocket without having to fool with putting on an IWB holster. . Anyway , i do like the sr9c but I must say my brother has a xd9 subcompact and IMO thats one heck of a pistol. It will eat ANYTHING you put into it without a hickup. Can't say that about my sr9c. Sorry for the rambling.

Guest tngw1500se
I have heard great things about Kel Tec's 9mm. Does anybody have experience with this? I shot my freinds Kel Tec .380 this weekend and it was a great little pocket carry gun. He has carried it for over 6 years without any issues. I want one in 9mm and am wondering if anybody has one of these.

You didn't hear that from me! I had a P11. It would jam. Got a 3AT and it was just to small. Also had problems with HP ammo in the 3AT. The I got a PF9. Liked the size but when I shot it, I would release the mag and cause a jam. Operator error but still a problem. Switched to a XDSC and never looked back. The XD is foolproof!

I m a keltec fan but they arent as accurate as a glock, xd,etc.. or at least for me. I like the p-11 but its so close to the size of my baby glocks I don't use it. I had a Pf9 and it was ok but the grip is actually to thin to be comfortable.