A sad morning in Oklahoma

NV2TN

As some of you have read in other post we are relocating from Las Vegas to Nashville. We left last week and stopped in Oklahoma at the wifes families house for a short visit before heading on to Nashville.

This morning we lost a friend and a family member. One of our boxers has passed on this morning.

He had made many trips over the span of his life time(2002-2011) He was having a hard time with the heat yesterday and I checked him at 4am and by 6am he had gone.

I realize that to some dogs are just dogs but for us he was family and friend and protector. But even if you only see them as dogs you should always let them know that they are appreciated and loved.

To my dog Chopper. I love you very much and you will be missed by all who knew you.

Chopper 2002-2011 Go chase those tennis balls in Heaven!

On another note we will be leaving as planned for Nashville tomorrow morning!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

Sorry to hear of your loss...when you are ready...there is a good BOXER rescue organization in this area. good luck with the rest of your trip

Guest Drewsett

Hang in there. Mustangdave is right, there are some good rescue organizations in the area. It won't lessen the pain now, but you'll know that joy again. Have a safe rest of your drive.

A Boxer is an absolutely great dog. I have had three in my lifetime, with the third just turning 5. Fantastic family dogs, guard dogs, and friends. Very faithful animals who love nothing more than to play with their family. I really am sorry for your loss.

Guest friesepferd

So sorry for your loss. Pets can be some of the best family members out there.

RIP Chopper, and have fun chasing those tennis balls.

Very sad to hear of this, and while on your trip "home." Totally get the "family member" thing, and folks on TGO love their dogs just as much as we love our guns, so you're in good company. Safe travels the last leg of your trip and welcome again to TN.

Every time we lose an animal, I swear I'll never get another one. Of course we all know how that works out! Wife just brought home a little pug mix thing from the shelter today.

Guest brandon_pitt

Sorry to hear about your loss. RIP Chopper. I brought my rotty home from getting her fixed yesterday and felt horrible for her, I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. I let my 70 lb pet sleep in the bed last night between me and my wife. HA They are worth it. Safe travels and welcome to the great state of Tennessee.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I am also sorry for your loss my friend.

I know that it is a bit early to think about but I am sure that there is a four legged creature just waiting for you here in TN.

As has been stated I do think the #2 thing that most of us here love is our pets. When you have the time check out this thread for some pics of our pals.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/general-off-topic/46902-pics-house-pets.html

Guest pfries

As through my life my pets have been family I can understand the loss, we had one of my dearest dogs cremated and have the ashes. I am deeply saddened to hear the news of your loss and I pray the rest of your move goes smoothly.

First off just wanted to let you know that I am the OP (NV2TN) I tried to log in many many times and it would never let me log in. I also used the "contact" at the bottom of the main page and didnt get anyone so I just created a new log in.

Secondly, Thank you all for you kind words. Sadly we had to leave Chopper in Oklahoma to be cremated. He will re join the family some time next week.

after littleRock I smacked a deer head on doing about 70mph pulling a 24ft trailer. Our van is higher off the ground and the trailer pitched the front end even higher so lucky for us it only creased the bumper in half right in the middle like as if hit a telephone pole. But saved my grill and lights and custom fenders!

We got to our new house in Nashville about Noon. The management lady lost the keys to the house. So by about 5p we got our bed unloaded and in the house and just gave up for the day!

But we are finally here 2000k miles later, less one family member and some vehicle damage so we will see what Nashville can dish out to us from here on out!