• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

Wonderful! What does this mean?

Only one state left on the handgun

carry map with bad issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

Sweet! I wonder how reciprocity is going to work out. My de-facto sister in law lives in Madison (grad student @ UW), my brother lives in that other really bad state for carry.

Edited, looks like from the story that they will recognize our TN permits as we meet the training and BG check requirements. WIN.

Edited by Chucktshoes
Guest GunTroll

The anti gun/ cheese head lib crowd is already posting up worthless videos on Youtube. I love to hear flawed logic, or lack there of. It makes for a good laugh. Those cheese heads are coming around and thats worth cheering about. Way to go WI legislators!

Great one State left to go Illinois. They almost beat Wi to CC a few weeks ago. They had a seven vote Veto Proof promise as Daley said he would Veto it.

The night before the vote Daley made a bunch of calls and the next day they lost the seven votes and now had to put it on hold and regroup. It may still be brought up this year. This would be only for IL residents and for out of staters if they went to IL for training,but what a start. After a year or two they would go with a

program like FL/TN I will keep my fingers crossed.

Wonderful! What does this mean?

Only one state left on the handgun

carry map with bad issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is huge, but I consider the 10 or so "may issue" states to be a serious problem as many of those are actually "right denied" states for all but the very wealthy or members of certain occupations such as security guards, etc. I also consider the "low cap only" states/towns to have serious issues as well. One at a time, though, and this is a win for today, good news!

This is huge, but I consider the 10 or so "may issue" states to be a serious problem as many of those are actually "right denied" states for all but the very wealthy or members of certain occupations such as security guards, etc. I also consider the "low cap only" states/towns to have serious issues as well. One at a time, though, and this is a win for today, good news!

Thought the same thing--baby steps, one at a time, it would seem. Why can't we all be like VT's setup? Oy.....

Guest uofmeet

Permits and training required, but it appears finally that Wisconsin will allow her citizens to legally carry.

You mean they will no longer deny them their constitutional right?

That is good news.

.. Why can't we all be like VT's setup? Oy.....

Vermont doesn't issue a permit at all, hence no recognition in other states.

The VT "constitutional" part may feel good, but I can carry in 37 states with my TN restricted privilege.

- OS

Guest friesepferd

The VT "constitutional" part may feel good, but I can carry in 37 states with my TN restricted privilege.

- OS

well yes, but only because other states have permits. if nobody had permits, that wouldnt be a problem.

but considering that wont happen, i would prefer more of an arizona type permit.

- OS

An acceptable compromise, since I love TN. Oh well.....

Not necessarily.

That's a totally separate issue Wisc. has to decide.

- OS

Right... and even if they recognize our HCP, it's a long way to get there. Would have to go thru Missouri and Iowa. Or take a chance on going thru IL. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wi Governor to sign bill this Friday July 8th, will be law on Nov.1st

Had already been decided that States with similar background/training will be able to carry in Wisconsin. That is us and most other

States. (Wi State Attorney)

And yes it is a long way there,but if you are there is is nice we have another state.

Edited by Will
Add Info