.22's are Fun!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mars, the ship is about to go into the yards. I may get a weekend at home the end of the month, but I don't expect any real time off until maybe July. I'm going to try to swing a couple weeks home then.

Sue can dig it out for you, though. Hey, if you drop by, do you still have her thermos?

***Just called the house, Sue dug it out. Still in the case, with all associated paperwork, etc. She wants $275 for it - it has less than a box of ammo through it.***

The Ruger (is it a mkI or ???) $250

I may put the medallist up for sale, will have to think about it. Those aren't what you'd call easy to find, and I have a real soft spot for that one.

Edited by Mark@Sea
Called home
Mars, the ship is about to go into the yards. I may get a weekend at home the end of the month, but I don't expect any real time off until maybe July. I'm going to try to swing a couple weeks home then.

Sue can dig it out for you, though. Hey, if you drop by, do you still have her thermos?

Yeah, the thermos is in the car for the next time I get even remotely close to that direction. I haven't been remotely close since. I appreciate her offer to loan it to me. I didn't realize she needed it as much as she obviously does.

'l'll bring the thermos by tomorrow morning if not tonight. Sorry I didn't make a point of of getting by that way and dropping if off.. My fault. It's worth another few bucks in gas money not to have to think about it and it is your's and Sues. Since I have a few of them. I don'd even consider it a problem. My bad....

No worries on the Thermos, Mars... She uses it quite a bit, but she has a smaller one she is using meanwhile. They come in very handy. By the way, the wally world in Norfolk has them on their clearance shelf - the 1 quart size - for 20 bucks, and I picked up a couple.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

Picked this up today plus some CCI mini-mags (which this gun is suppossed to eat up without flaw). Can't wait until this weekend so I can shoot it.

2ajde6v.jpg

Guest Grizzly Johnson

This thread has gotten me to thinking about getting a .22 pistol. Looking at the Walther P22 as a semi, or just a plain old revolver........ what's your guys opinion?:screwy:

Guest eyebedam

Ive been extremly pleased with the Walther 22 Ive had a couple of them now. I really like the way they look plus they shoot pretty good to.

Even if i had it to do all over again I would still get the Ruger Single Action Six revolver. Hard to beat it.

It will shoot any .22 ammunition as well as coming with a spare cylinder for .22 mags. The revolver will last ten lifetimes if properly maintained. Only 3 lifetimes if not maintained at all. It comes in a multitude of barrel lengths. Has adjustable or fixed rear sights, and comes in stainless or blued models.

NO brainer for me, get the Ruger Single Six

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

I got to the range today. Shot about 200 rounds of CCI mini-mag through my new Walther P22 (see the picture above in the same thread). Flawless performance except for one round that failed to fire. I ejected the round (after waiting) and put in back into the mag and it fired.

I really liked it. I could barely hear it though. I wear earplugs and then the earmuff style protection on top of that. Most of my shots were down and to the left of target from about 21 feet. Also shot my SP-101 and my XD-9 and did not have the same issue.

So other than the rounds falling off to the left, I was very happy.

Guest Grizzly Johnson
Picked this up today plus some CCI mini-mags (which this gun is suppossed to eat up without flaw). Can't wait until this weekend so I can shoot it.

2ajde6v.jpg

Thats the same flavor I liked too. Does it have an adjustable rear sight, can they be changed out for say fiber optic sights or the other night sights?

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA
Thats the same flavor I liked too. Does it have an adjustable rear sight, can they be changed out for say fiber optic sights or the other night sights?

The front and rear sights are both adjustable. I don't know about night sights.

• 2 weeks later...
22's are great. I have 2 39s, 3 10/22s, 5 mkIIs, nylon 66, 50th single-six, 50th mkII, Beretta 950, NAA .22 mag and Henry Golden Boy .22 mag. Gotta love em! Mike

And thanks to Hillbilly J. I now have a MKII NRA edition and I love it!!! I picked up one of those metal .22 plinker targets.....what a blast!!! I got this one for my son.....but it looks like I'll be picking up another one before my son is ready to learn how to shoot....that way we can both have our own :D

The best part: I can buy a box of 550 .22 Federal JHP's for less than $15!! I can actually afford to shoot now!!! :bowrofl::D