Proud of my wife

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great feeling ain't it? My wife's first trip to the range she almost puked. Second trip she was willing to try a .22 -- five shots in she demanded my Glock 23. I imagine we'll get her a .38 or small 9 mm soon. (fingers crossed!)

Great feeling ain't it?

It sure is. She never had a problem with guns and went to the range with me many times, she just wasn't comfortable shooting any of my guns.

Of course now she wants to try some .22WMR the next time we go. Maybe I can talk her into shooting my P6 after that. :)

Great feeling ain't it? My wife's first trip to the range she almost puked. Second trip she was willing to try a .22 -- five shots in she demanded my Glock 23. I imagine we'll get her a .38 or small 9 mm soon. (fingers crossed!)

+1 ... ... in my case, the little woman ended up with BOTH a .38 and 9mm. Still can't get her to try my SA .45, though.

I got this for myself today, found it while trying to find a used .22 for my wife. She had already seen the one with pink grips and wanted it so this one is mine.

62573233-788d-893a.jpg

Now we have a his & hers single action .22's

We already have plans to go back to the range tomorrow. You know, gotta try out the new gun! At this rate I will have her shooting some of my other guns in no time. ;)

Guest GunTroll

Nice!

You would think being a gunsmith I would have a like minded wife that enjoys shooting. Nope. She isn't impressed with it. But at least she isn't an anti. I bought her a classic S&W 36 in 38spl. She hated it. Now its mine so I guess it all works out. :)

Nice!

You would think being a gunsmith I would have a like minded wife that enjoys shooting. Nope. She isn't impressed with it. But at least she isn't an anti. I bought her a classic S&W 36 in 38spl. She hated it. Now its mine so I guess it all works out. :)

Sounds like you should keep trying to find the perfect gun for her. :surrender:

My wife's father was an a-hole. He'd get drunk and wave guns around, threatening to shoot himself and/or others. As a result, my wife was a bit nervous about guns when we were dating. Fortunately, her paternal grandfather has always provided a much better example as a gun owner and she would do a little back yard plinking with him and me. She wouldn't shoot very often and would only shoot a .22 pistol but at least she had a little exposure and was pretty darned good with a .22.

Things stayed pretty much the same when we got married - she didn't mind the fact that I owned guns but she was still a bit 'skiddish' of them. Eventually, and I like to think it was at least partially due to my coaxing (I want to know that she can defend herself if I am not around) and, hopefully, also providing a positive example of gun ownership she started shooting handguns other than a .22.

She took her HCP class last year and passed. Somewhat ironically, she used a Rossi snubbie .357 that belonged to her late father, loaded with .38 Special rounds to qualify. She can now shoot that gun one-handed and does pretty well. Using the Kel Tec P32 that she chose for a carry gun, she can absolutely wear a B27 target out at self defense distances. She doesn't shoot all that often, doesn't enjoy shooting nearly as much as I do and says she has no desire to own any more guns. Still, she shoots often enough to stay proficient. In fact, if I were as good a 'natural' shot as she is then I'd probably be a pretty awesome shot given all the practicing I do. As it is, I'm really not much better than her (if at all) with the guns that she is used to shooting.

Edited by JAB