The Picture Thread

Guest WyattEarp

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp

Had a friend fly in from Kansas City today, and I took her to see the Old Tennessee State Penitentiary. We weren't there 60 seconds, and a guy with Dept. of Corrections in a white van pulled up and said we couldn't be there. I told him we'd leave, and he went on, soon as he turned the corner I grabbed a couple of photos. Before he left he said I could contact the city and get a free permit to film and photograph, and they would set up a date and time, so I think you all know what Wyatt will be doing here soon :(

The Old Tennessee State Penitentiary was closed in 1992 due to failing infrastructure. It has been used in several motion pictures most notably "The Last Castle", "The Green Mile" and the movie "Nashville"

prison-X2.jpg

Edited by WyattEarp

I'll play:

"Tennessee Time" It's in front of a "little jewelry store in Knoxville, Tennessee."

D90, 50mm

1069581188_hj5Ay-M-4.jpg

A friend's band playing at a blues bar:

D700, 80-200 F2.8

1226862140_64KGr-L.jpg

The newest cousin, at Thanksgiving:

D90, 80-200 F2.8

1187999858_gQ2WL-L-1.jpg

I call this one: "Ouch." (See the follow up photo.)

D90, 50mm

768234214_rkfuW-L.jpg

768234255_JiBpA-L.jpg

Great pics, Matt!

Had a friend fly in from Kansas City today, and I took her to see the Old Tennessee State Penitentiary. We weren't there 60 seconds, and a guy with Dept. of Corrections in a white van pulled up and said we couldn't be there. I told him we'd leave, and he went on, soon as he turned the corner I grabbed a couple of photos. Before he left he said I could contact the city and get a free permit to film and photograph, and they would set up a date and time, so I think you all know what Wyatt will be doing here soon :D

The Old Tennessee State Penitentiary was closed in 1992 due to failing infrastructure. It has been used in several motion pictures most notably "The Last Castle", "The Green Mile" and the movie "Nashville"

]

I think he was talking about a commercial permit to shoot in the city, not a permit to shoot inside. I would have told him to bug off :)

I never knew that place excised let alone The Green Mile was filmed in TN. Awesome!

I'll play along. I am not sure I even qualify as an amateur, but here are a few I took while in San Francisco and surrounding area last October. These were all taken by some hand me down point and shoot cannon camera. I wish I had a better camera, but that item will remain on the wish list for a while.

100_1469.jpg

100_1368.jpg

100_1345-1.jpg

100_1436.jpg

100_1617.jpg

100_1588.jpg

I'll play along. I am not sure I even qualify as an amateur, but here are a few I took while in San Francisco and surrounding area last October. These were all taken by some hand me down point and shoot cannon camera. I wish I had a better camera, but that item will remain on the wish list for a while.

Dats, in addition to having one of the better avatars on the board (I miss my '68 El Camino) you have a great eye for composition. I would encourage you to take more pictures!

The camera makes little difference, composition and light are the keys to a good image.

Had a friend fly in from Kansas City today, and I took her to see the Old Tennessee State Penitentiary. We weren't there 60 seconds, and a guy with Dept. of Corrections in a white van pulled up and said we couldn't be there. I told him we'd leave, and he went on, soon as he turned the corner I grabbed a couple of photos. Before he left he said I could contact the city and get a free permit to film and photograph, and they would set up a date and time, so I think you all know what Wyatt will be doing here soon :P

Wyatt's going to prison!!!!!

Don't worry I'll visit :D

Dats, in addition to having one of the better avatars on the board (I miss my '68 El Camino) you have a great eye for composition. I would encourage you to take more pictures!

The camera makes little difference, composition and light are the keys to a good image.

Thank you, sir. I had to ask a photographer friend of mine what composition is.

By the way, while I wish I could claim it, the avatar is not my car. I had an uncle that was killed in a logging accident, and this is his car. It is a '69 Chevelle SS. I never got to go for ride in it while my uncle was alive. My cousin asked me to ride to the funeral with him in it, but I couldn't do it. That is the only time I have ever seen the car driven, and the only time the car has been rained on since it was restored. My cousin still has the car, so I am sure I will take him up on that ride at some point.

Edited by dats82
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you, sir. I had to ask a photographer friend of mine what composition is.

By the way, while I wish I could claim it, the avatar is not my car. I had an uncle that was killed in a logging accident, and this is his car. It is a '69 Chevelle SS. I never got to go for ride in it while my uncle was alive. My cousin asked me to ride to the funeral with him in it, but I couldn't do it. That is the only time I have ever seen the car driven, and the only time the car has been rained on since it was restored. My cousin still has the car, so I am sure I will take him up on that ride at some point.

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. But you def need to ride in it one day. Nothing quite like being thrown back in the seat by a Big Block.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest President Fernatt

Taken with a simple lil point and shoot. Sony DSC-H20

229561_10150169898639639_599199638_6908171_3609965_n.jpg

Grasshopper eating another ... Sevierville Greenway

222761_10150169905429639_599199638_6908340_6267881_n.jpg

It's a snowflake on some of our patio furniture

221906_10150169909934639_599199638_6908454_443287_n.jpg

275.jpg

Taken from the Christ statue in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil while I was there on a mission trip

Guest President Fernatt
Son ........ you have a VERY great eye for some VERY cool photos!

Thanks! I love photography even though I don't know anything about it. I have no clue how to operate the ISO, Shutter Speed, or any other settings appropriately. I just put it on easy mode and have fun lol Maybe one day I'll upgrade cameras and get serious but it's just a lil hobby now. I appreciate the compliment!

Taken with a simple lil point and shoot. Sony DSC-H20

229561_10150169898639639_599199638_6908171_3609965_n.jpg

Grasshopper eating another ... Sevierville Greenway

222761_10150169905429639_599199638_6908340_6267881_n.jpg

It's a snowflake on some of our patio furniture

221906_10150169909934639_599199638_6908454_443287_n.jpg

275.jpg

Taken from the Christ statue in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil while I was there on a mission trip

From any angle, that view is one of the most awesome in this sometimes sorry little world.

• 6 months later...
Guest WyattEarp

some photos I took at a photoshoot of a few mustangs over at the Nashville Railyard Sunday night.

_MG02223.jpg

_MG02306.jpg

_MG02859.jpg

hdr02307.jpg

_MG02234.jpg

_MG02470.jpg

bw02318.jpg

Edited by WyattEarp