Where do you carry? (on your body)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fobus paddle holster about 3:30 with the butt of the gun tilted towards the front so i can get a good grip on the gun to pull it from the holster. retention is great with the fobus paddle holster. it has a positive click when the weapon is seated. the downside to it is that you have to give it a really good tug to release it from the holster. you better be wearing a belt.

Edited by cadillacdude1975
holster name was wrong
Guest GUTTERbOY

I forgot to mention that my carry holster is a Tucker Texas Heritage. Very comfortable, and the clip design means I don't have to worry about working around belt loops. Only real drawback is that the mouth isn't reinforced, so reholstering is a two-hand operation.

Guest Halfpint

IWB in my preferred holster (ARG), 4:30 with the loop right about 5:00. If I can't carry my USP because of girlfriend-imposed "dress code" (like meeting her family, tucked-in polo and no sport-coat) then my J-frame is in my pocket.

On extremely rare occasions, my USP and 2 spare mags ride in a Miami Classic from Galco--I don't like using it much because I'm so used to 4:00 carry, I wouldn't want to go for it behind my hip out of habit and that be the one time it's under my left arm . . .

Guest Rando

I sometimes go SOB style but do have to remove it to drive, mostly I carry on the right hip just behind center loop. I have been looking into an ankle holster has anyone tried them and how comfortable are they? Which brand? For what gun? I live close to packin mama I'll see can I get a pic but if I get shot doing so you guys can pay for my funeral and Doc bills!!!!!!:confused:

Rando

Guest GregRN

I carry several different ways, depending on clothing and mood. Pocket carry, IWB at 4 o'clock, Smart Carry, under left arm, OWB at 3:30. I just haven't found the one way for my fat self to use always and be comfortable. The one sure thing is that away from home and work, my gun is somewhere on me.

And I agree with the others, I would never carry SOB.

Edited by GregRN
added info
Guest TNDixieGirl
Ooh. You really, really, want to reconsider that one.

Heck, I've got to pay my doctor double just to check my prostate.

16itnog.jpg

Guest mc30707

for winter I carry my G19 crossdraw using a blackhawk serpa holster, under shirt tucked, outer shirt or jacket untucked. for summer I need to get a pocket gun.

Guest db99wj
Unfortunately, I'm not THAT well endowed! :rofl::rofl:

The one I carry in my bra is a NAA 22 mag mini revolver. :)

Would that make it a gun rack? :D

Sorry had to :koolaid:

:bowrofl::rofl::bowrofl:

This thread is one of the funniest.....ever.

C.T.A.C IWB holster, 3:00 most of the time, 2:30 sometimes, back to 3:30 sometimes. Depends on what I am doing. Walking, driving, sitting all day. At work, not at work. Right now......yep 3:00 so when I am sitting it doesn get in the way, and when I am walking around the office to the printer or copier or talking with someone, it does not print. During the week I am in shirt and tie, so I am tucked all day long. 3:00 is my preferred spot. Very comfortable.

Well, this topic went downhill in a hurry. :bowrofl:

USP 40 is an open side carry gun worn at 3:00 or in a shoulder holster.. P7M8 is IWB at 4:00. Kel-Tec is almost always in the right rear pocket, although I have worn it IWB at 4:00. Beretta 92 is on my web belt either in a thigh holster below my combat knife, same place higher on the web belt with the knife shifted to the left side, or in a shoulder holster.

Personal opinion - SOB sucks.

Oh yeah...Thunderwear. I seldom use it. Something about facing an assailant with my hand down my pants doesn't really appeal to me. For some reason, women tend to spot it more than men too. I guess that is good. :koolaid: