Are There any FAL's Out There ?

Fourtyfive

Got mine from DSA.

Aren't they best for FAL? I know there's another thread kinda trashin' DSA I think it was for AR parts and quality. But don't they have a good rep for the FAL? I really want one of these I took a couple of bids on GB. but scared of what I'm buying, like I said I'm a real dummy and new when it comes to long guns. I looked at cetme and scared of the roller block I just like FAL

Edited by laktrash

I built two of them a year or so ago off Century receivers. Some give Century receivers low marks, but mine have both turned out good. One is a carbine with folding stock the other full length with a bipod. I still need to refinish them but they both shoot well and function perfectly and I've shot the el-cheapo steel cased ammo and some good WW whitebox. The cheapo stuff requires a good bit more gas to make things cycle properly. I've got a scope mount on the carbine but haven't decided what kind of scope to put on it. Kinda wanted a compact version. Will probably add optics to the full length version too at some point.

Guest hillbilly007

Are there any FAL's out there? None to be bought unless you got lots of cash.

Most of them are owned by guys like me that clean them twice a year and keep them in the safe. I like the DSA version, especially their SA58 Tactical with the fluted barrel, but nothing compares to an original 50.63.

guess mine were imbel kits, they do take a little patience, but overall easier than an AK build. One of the posters on FAL Files is Gilllllleeee or similar. He knows his stuff. I had trouble with the bolt not being speedie enough when closing, too much friction. After reading some of his posts on receiver feed lips and modifications it works slick as snot now.

I've had numerous FAL's over the years. My favorite but sold in a fit of stupidity was an inch pattern rifle with Ironwood walnut furniture. It was a real sweetheart to shoot. I sold it to someone in Woodbury many years ago.

I have these 2 now.

6488FAL_s.JPG

Aren't they best for FAL? I know there's another thread kinda trashin' DSA I think it was for AR parts and quality.

That was my thread. It wasn't so much the quality as it was their pathetic quality control and even worse customer service. They sent me an AR upper with a junk BCG that wasn't one of theirs. When I called, they tried to say I was scamming them. They didn't make things right until I filed a dispute with Visa. It was clear that whomever shipped out my upper paid no attention to the BCG that was in the upper and their attitude was one of "it's simply not possible that we could have sent that out of this shop." So based on that, the customer has no leg to stand on in the case of receiving the incorrect or faulty item. Once I got the correct items, things looked good to go and of decent quality (especially for the price).

I have read generally good reviews about their FAL products, with the random QC issues here and there, but I expect that from any company that puts out products at any significant level of volume.

I'm not posting this here to trash DSA any more than I did in my original thread, but wanted to clarify the issues since it was mentioned.

That was my thread. It wasn't so much the quality as it was their pathetic quality control and even worse customer service. They sent me an AR upper with a junk BCG that wasn't one of theirs. When I called, they tried to say I was scamming them. They didn't make things right until I filed a dispute with Visa. It was clear that whomever shipped out my upper paid no attention to the BCG that was in the upper and their attitude was one of "it's simply not possible that we could have sent that out of this shop." So based on that, the customer has no leg to stand on in the case of receiving the incorrect or faulty item. Once I got the correct items, things looked good to go and of decent quality (especially for the price).

I have read generally good reviews about their FAL products, with the random QC issues here and there, but I expect that from any company that puts out products at any significant level of volume.

I'm not posting this here to trash DSA any more than I did in my original thread, but wanted to clarify the issues since it was mentioned.

Yeah I understood that is was mainly customer service, kinda like my deal with one of the chevy dealerships, they tryed to screw me over on some warranty work and I won't go back to them , but still love my silverado . Just mentioned your thread to reference it was out there. I wasn't trying to put you in the middle on the DSA fal products. I am glad they did make it right with you. I might add again I know nothig about the FAL just am interested in them

Edited by laktrash
Yeah I understood that is was mainly customer service. just mentioned your thread to reference it was out there. I wasn't trying to put you in the middle on the DSA fal products. I am glad they did make it right with you. I might add again I know nothig about the FAL just am interested in them

No worries. That said, I sure would like an FAL myself. Some say they are ugly, but I think they look bad to the bone. :D

I have several. I have always appreciated the balance, ergonomics, reliability, and easy maintenance of the design. It's the best point-shooter of any full-power semi-auto rifle. Interestingly, it is a Browning Automatic Rifle action with the gas piston on top of the barrel instead of underneath. John Moses Browning's genius still lives!