Bill Goodman show at the fairgrounds this weekend

Guest mikeytn

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering...

I haven't been to the Bill Goodman shows before. Is it a good show to buy/trade, or is it a waste of $8?

Like everything else, you'll get varying opinions on Goodman. My take is that Goodmans show has been

declining. Crowd down, dealers down. Might find a deal on the private side. Also, last time I was there,

which was last month, the Fair board was charging $5 for parking. This caused quite a stir among the

show customers, self included. Admission is $8, total of $13 bucks to get into a $3 show.

Not worth it to me. I'll wait for the show in Hendersonville in Sept.

JMHO

Grunt nailed it. The show has been slipping steadily over the years. The parking fee will kill it. As Grunt said, you now fork out $13 for a $3 show.

It seems like the place is getting dirtier all the time. The bathrooms are cleaned every other month whether they need it or not. The vendors have a business model that if something won't sell, they raise the price. At the last show I attended, a vendor offered me some M-59 Smith and Wesson mags that were "originals" for $50 each.

Everyone associated with the show seems out of touch.

i have been talking to other vendors about giving back your parking money i dont know how many will do it but if you spend 50 dollars at my place i will give you parking money back. i havent been to a nashville gunshow in a while so i am looking foward to this weekend stop by and say hello .also the davidson county sportsmens club is having there fish fry this weekend at the club on eatons creek road.the fish fry starts at 6 pm the sportsman swap meet starts at noon sometimes some really good buys

Guest mikeytn

Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll wait until September. There is the All American show in Lebanon and an RK show in the 'boro. Are either of these worth the trip?

The RK shows are always better - twice as many vendors = better variety, no parking fee and $1 off coupon on their web site.Just know that either there is no AC in the building or it just doesn't work so it gets warm rather quickly. Also, be prepared for a long line to get in especially since they haven't had one in Murfreesboro since June.RK admission is also good for both days. Goodman is $8 a day!

Edited by netmindr

The last RK show in the 'boro was pretty good. No charge for parking, $10 admission, but as netmindr said,

you can download a $1 off coupon from their ad.

One word of warning on RKs shows. The one they have ( if it's still there ) in Franklin is a bust.

Don't waste your time or money on this one. Started out great, went down the toilet.

no ac in the building rex does a better show just needs to get it a/c ed also no electricty for the vendors so no fan i am suprised that codes will let them have a gunshow there because of the wireing.we wont even talk about the restrooms yea i go i make money but i would like a better place the fairgrounds are not any better in the restroom area but the a/c works

yep bobby pope ruined it when he wanted you to join his club to get in on friday.its also very hard to set up on a dirt floor but the a/c works.week before last i went to batesville ms for a gunshow building is just like the ag center but they take out the dirt concrete floor under the dirt just like franklins ag center but they wont take out the dirt.

I liked the last BG show, but it wasn't worth the money, especially since the RK show in M'boro is so much bigger/better.

A/C or not, I'll keep going there from now on. I find way more deals I wish I hadn't passed on at RK.

Where is the show in Hendersonville? I'll definately make it to that one. I'll even save up for something.

According to their listing, RK Shows, Sept. 17 & 18......90 Volunteer Dr., Hendersonville. "Think" it's

off Old Shackle Island Rd. Check their site, it has a map. If you have GPS, should be no problem.

Guest mikeytn

Thanks for the input guys. I guess I'll try the one in Hendersonville or Murfreesboro (or both). It'll give me more time to squirrel away cash anyway. A road trip to Knoxville isn't out of the question either.