Lady see my pistol and leave.

Guest 808-South

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe
obviously she watches news on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS. NBC or one of the other liberal-filth machines... If only people could think for themselves...

Welcome to TGO.:)

Your post is the perfect lead into why I am calling BS on this one. (TIC of course.)

The OP says that he was carrying a gun and I know that no one lies on the internet and surly not on TGO.

So he takes a gun into a restaurant full of people that has cash in the register yet I dont hear nothing on the news about no robbery or shootings???.......Naw....it couldnt have happened like that. The very media that you listed tells me nearly everyday that it simply could not happen like that. Guns are evil and those who carry them are crazy.... they tell me this over and over so it must be true.

Good story but it has to be BS:p

If I told yall that Friday night I met with a few members here and a few other people to grab a meal and that we counted that there were over 100 rounds (real rounds in real guns) sitting at our table, would yall believe such nonsense.:eek: I didnt think so.;)

I moved here this year mid feb. My ethnic background is 3/4 Filipino / 1/4 Irish. But to many here in my county. They call me Mexican or Honduran (used

in a bad way). Or Samoan, Hawaiian, Chinese, Japanese....or "some kind of rice eater"

Im not used to the bigotry here. Im learning to deal with it better.

Hang in there. Let them learn of your character and you will be fine. I caught hell for being a Yankee and now most folks here consider me family.

I'm loud and opinionated and a guy this week accused me from being from Boston (not even close). We talked for a while and now he things there should be more people like me.LOL

I'm the first person to look at it and I got it.He even charged me less for rent than he originally wanted. his idea,not mine. I wanted to pay him more.

Guest 808-South
Hang in there. Let them learn of your character and you will be fine. I caught hell for being a Yankee and now most folks here consider me family.

I'm loud and opinionated and a guy this week accused me from being from Boston (not even close). We talked for a while and now he things there should be more people like me.LOL

I'm the first person to look at it and I got it.He even charged me less for rent than he originally wanted. his idea,not mine. I wanted to pay him more.

Thanks for the support & encouragement.

I've been checkin the newswires but I can't find any articles about a husband & wife team w/kids robbing a restaurant & going on a killing spree. What county are you in again?

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

Well she didn't feel to threaten if she didn't call the police on your and yours

Maybe she was a vegetarian and realized she went to the wrong restaurant.

Edited by vontar
Guest 808-South
Were you carrying a Glock? Lots of folks hate Glocks! ;)

No glock. For me. But lets save that for another thread.

It was a shorts & shirt night. So I had my S&W j- frame. Iwb at 4'o-clock position.

Guest Lester Weevils

Some areas especially small town and rural areas can be clannish regardless of other prejudices in action. Not restricted to the south. Have seen it other places.

Some small towns are not accustomed to seeing new folks and it takes em a long time to warm up to newcomers. Back in the 1960's my family lived in Valdosta GA for a few years which isn't that small a town. They were so clannish that some natives did not consider you a "native" unless your family had lived there for multiple generations. If you were born there but your dad was not born there, then some folks considered you an outsider because your dad wasn't born in the burg. They weren't typically rude about it but treated "outsiders" different and you had to live there a long time before you quit being an outsider.

Prejudice profiles are different across the nation. Dunno what S GA is like now, but S GA back in the 1960's it seemed that blacks were the only object of serious prejudice. There were long-time-resident hispanics, asians, and jews who socialized and dated with the majority whites and it didn't seem a big deal. Surely there were certain narrow-minded people who got bent about it but I never heard complaints. If a high school hispanic went on a date with a high school white, it did not cause gossip or get anybody beat up. A black-white high school date at that time and place would have caused all kind of scandal and could have been dangerous to the participants.

When I've been in the southwest, Native Americans seemed the most-oppressed minority. Have read that in some areas of the nation, Asians are most-oppressed. In TN as best I can tell, Native Americans don't get much prejudice and many people claim Cherokee heritage whether it is true or not. :D Maybe a native american would disagree. Only my observation.

In the 1970's I did social work in SE TN. Visiting out in the rural parts of the county the natives would keep a close eye on me from when I would enter the area until when I would leave. I was a white boy just like the residents, but a lot of em didn't cotton to strangers in their territory. Especially the moonshiners and car thieves, though it seemed a general attitude among the law-abiding as well. If I had been non-white, there would have been the nagging question of whether the folks are suspicious and tense because of my appearance, or merely because they are generally suspicious of strangers.

Some areas especially small town and rural areas can be clannish regardless of other prejudices in action. Not restricted to the south. Have seen it other places.

Some small towns are not accustomed to seeing new folks and it takes em a long time to warm up to newcomers. Back in the 1960's my family lived in Valdosta GA for a few years which isn't that small a town. They were so clannish that some natives did not consider you a "native" unless your family had lived there for multiple generations. If you were born there but your dad was not born there, then some folks considered you an outsider because your dad wasn't born in the burg. They weren't typically rude about it but treated "outsiders" different and you had to live there a long time before you quit being an outsider.

I hear you, brother.

As a military brat and then military myself, and moving around a lot (more than 20 places) you hear, over and over:

"You're not FROM around here, are you?"

There are ways to get past that, but it takes time.

In the South especially, the Civil War was only 150 years ago, which for history is a blink of time. And, a lot of Yankees did occupy, and a few court-houses did get burned, and then really truly carpet-bagger outsiders did come in and push their way around, and families with a deep history in the spot do remember about the bad outsiders in a clannish sort of way, family history passed down through the generations. There are, to this day, people who spend their whole lives and never leave the county they were born in, even to go shopping.

Edited by QuietDan
No glock. For me. But lets save that for another thread.

It was a shorts & shirt night. So I had my S&W j- frame. Iwb at 4'o-clock position.

Hmmm. Musta been the shorts......Hahahahahaha!

To be fair, the south doesn't own the market on bigotry.

+++++1

I would bet that if it were possible to do some kind of report on regional racism/bigotry it would be close to equal in all areas of the U.S. Also, bigotry isn't confined to race only, I know some self rightous liberal elitists who I would consider bigots.

Also, see how you are treated in Chicago Midway Airport at a food counter if you are a southern white with a heavy southern accent. Maybe that's just Chicago, not being bigoted towards Chicago. :)

Guest TresOsos
Maybe she saw your kids and believed they would be little hell raisers in the restaurant. :tough:

This.. I know kids have made me change my dinner plans in the past and probably will in the future.

Guest Lester Weevils
I hear you, brother.

As a military brat and then military myself, and moving around a lot (more than 20 places) you hear, over and over:

In the South especially, the Civil War was only 150 years ago, which for history is a blink of time. And, a lot of Yankees did occupy, and a few court-houses did get burned, and then really truly carpet-bagger outsiders did come in and push their way around, and families with a deep history in the spot do remember about the bad outsiders in a clannish sort of way, family history passed down through the generations. There are, to this day, people who spend their whole lives and never leave the county they were born in, even to go shopping.

Yeah I grew up in 6 cities/towns up to age 18, and 11 different neighborhoods/school systems while dad was climbing the corporate ladder. Seemed wide variability in how people accepted strangers, even different neighborhoods of about equal income in the same town. Places up north were at least as parochial and narrow-minded as places down south. Some more than others of course.

I don't care for big cities (a million or more) though Nashville doesn't get on my nerves too bad for up to a week. Might could even stand to permanently live in the Nashvegas vicinity, though I would never live in Atlanta again. Much less Chicago, Los Angeles, etc. Yikes.

Folk in some of the real big cities may be equally parochial as remote hill folk? Maybe there would be lower odds in cities where people drive a lot like Atlanta, Houston, LA? But "Caves of Steel" places like NYC might be more likely parochial?

A friend who lived in NYC awhile, claims there are many people who live most of their lives never straying more than a few blocks away from the giant apartment building in which they live. If he ain't yankin my chain, then yer typical remote TN hillbilly might be well-traveled by comparison? Even the most remote TN fellers most likely, at least occasionally, travel a good bit just to get to walmart or the feed and seed store?

Guest Sgt. Joe

I hear you, brother.

Tiss no wonder that I seem to most always be on frequency with the both of you.

I was also an AF Brat and moved a lot as a child. I did not however require 11 schools for my 12 years, it was only 9.

9th grade alone was three schools but I did get to finish HS at the last one as my dad had retired from the AF.

As a kid I dont remember all the moving ever bothering me, I seemed to make friends quick enough and sometimes being the "new" kid was a cool and good thing. Moving seemed to excite me and I still did it quite a lot as an adult both while in the military and after.

When I moved here it was a fluke as my car broke down and I had no real intention of staying but since I liked it I did. I then married someone with very strong family ties to the area. If my wife did not have those ties it is not likely that I would still be here near two decades later, it isnt really in my blood. I was born a rambling man. These days that rambling is done on this keyboard as you all well know.:)

But as an adult I really do wonder just how long it does take to be accepted. I moved to West Tn in the summer of 1993 and have been in the same town since then. I quit drinking in 2003 but even after 10 years of going into the same bars I was still treated as an outsider. The odd thing was that when I would mention that I was born in Maryville it only seemed to make things worse.

I really do understand why there are three stars on our flag as it is pretty much three distinct areas in Tn that could very easily IMO be three different states from what I have seen. This is true both in geographical features and it seems attitudes. East seems mostly Right, Middle is mixed and West is Left. East has mountains, middle has hills and west is mostly flat.

I have noticed that there are some very deep seeded racists in this part of TN on both sides of black and white. A lot of whites and blacks in this area dont and wont ever get along and neither of them seem to like the Latinos very much. I am saying a lot because from what I see it is a lot, it seems that more folks are that way around these parts than are not.

While I can somewhat understand how it all came about after the so called civil war I simply dont understand why so many folks these days cant let it go. After being raised on the move it just dont make sense to me. Of all the places that I have been and lived West Tn is by far the strangest and most clanish, and I thought WV was strange.:rolleyes:

Hopefully 808 can keep his butt covered up and the folks in those hills around him will accept him sooner rather than later.

[/resurrection][/hi-jack]:biglol: