Went to Franklin Gun shop

Guest eyebedam

Guest eyebedam

I stopped by there yesterday while I was working trying to kill some time:). Man what a selection it was my first time there. The guys working there were really nice & helpful I was really impressed witht here inventory. Is there any other local shops around the nash or mboro area with a good selection of guns. My only thing was they were a little pricey on just about everything I dont mind paying for a weapon but it seemed like they were 50 to 100 dollars higher on just about everything but I kinda figured that was because its in Franklin.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed the same thing... but to be fair, I would think their overhead

would be a lot more as well considering their location. I know it's just the old

Uncle Buds... but still being in Franklin has got to be expensive.

They do have a great selection. I kill some time there on lunch myself.

I used to by some accessories there, but when I needed a spring quick for my AR

they charged me 3 bucks for it. So I haven't bought anything else from there.

Nice bunch of guys and all. Real friendly.

I haver been in there many times myself since it is between my house and work. I have bought 3 guns from them, but they are pricey, but do have a great inventory. If you are looking for the best price in town you need to go to the Rabbi.

I bought my Kel-tec P3AT from Franklin and then saw the same thing 2 weeks later during my first visit to the Rabbi for $80 cheaper. i bought a used Remington 7400 from the Rabbi and then saw one at Franklin a couple months later in the same condition with a cheaper scope than the one I got from Rabbi for $200 more.

So, if you want a huge selection in guns and accessories to buy on the spot Franklin is great and they have good customer service. If you want the best price as well as a non-salesman, down to Earth, honest approach then you should visit the Rabbi at Eastside. (I will be there next week to pick up my nice new SS Taurus PT1911 at a price that I could not find better anywhere on the Internet)

They have a great selection...and they are nice guys over there. I wont give them an once of my business anymore though. I have walked out of there feeling ripped off a few times now. Some of their HK's are marked up 200-400 buck above what they go for elsewhere. I found out I paid MORE than full list on 2 of my pistols from there. Also if you have a defective product, the owner wont be of any help. "Just call the manufacture there's nothing I can do," is the response I got. Call me old school...but the customer service I was used to in california was they would at least pay for the shipping to the manufacturer on an out of the box defect. Then they ordered the wrong pistol for me once...the owner wanted to just swap parts to make it right, but had misinformed me that you could do certain things to it only for me to find out that you couldn't. Nope, they don't get my business anymore

Edited by PaiMei
Guest eyebedam

That Taurus is sweet. I wouldnt mind having one of those myself. Im really looking for a beretta cougar in the inox finish and .45 myself. Ive found a couple online but after shipping & transfer fees the price jumps up to high for my taste.

Guest eyebedam
They have a great selection...and they are nice guys over there. I wont give them an once of my business anymore though. I have walked out of there feeling ripped off a few times now. Some of their HK's are marked up 200-400 bucks above what they go for elsewhere. I found out I paid MORE than full list on 2 of my pistols from there. Also if you have a defective product, the owner wont be of any help. "Just call the manufacture there's nothing I can do," is the response I got. Call me old school...but the customer service I was used to in california was they would at least pay for the shipping to the manufacturer on an out of the box defect. Then they ordered the wrong pistol for me once...the owner wanted to just swap parts to make it right, but had misinformed me that you could do certain things to it only for me to find out that you couldn't. Nope, they don't get my business anymore

That sucks. I would think with the extra high prices there customer support would be top notch. Thats good info to know.

HanSolo, your check is in the mail.

FGS is an OK place. Like everyplace it has strengths and weaknesses. Some businesses have a sign that says "price, quality, service: pick any two." So too here. Price, selection, customer service, pick any 2. It costs money to maintain a huge inventory like that. They must have 3-5 people working behind the counter. That gets expensive. The place is spotless every time i've been there. Someone has to pay for that.

Eastside is a different model. If you want a huge selection of Wilson Combats, go elsewhere. If you want a huge selection of anything, go somewhere else. But I turn stuff often enough that you might hit it lucky and find just what you want. And you can always order stuff.

But the place is a hole in the wall. And hard to find. And I like it like that.

Hero Gear (and I've never been there) probably does have all three. But you have to drive across Creation to get there.

So there's no free lunch.

Or if you want to a different experience, check out Gun City. They really ring it with "price, customer service, and selection."

HanSolo, your check is in the mail.

FGS is an OK place. Like everyplace it has strengths and weaknesses. Some businesses have a sign that says "price, quality, service: pick any two." So too here. Price, selection, customer service, pick any 2. It costs money to maintain a huge inventory like that. They must have 3-5 people working behind the counter. That gets expensive. The place is spotless every time i've been there. Someone has to pay for that.

Eastside is a different model. If you want a huge selection of Wilson Combats, go elsewhere. If you want a huge selection of anything, go somewhere else. But I turn stuff often enough that you might hit it lucky and find just what you want. And you can always order stuff.

But the place is a hole in the wall. And hard to find. And I like it like that.

Hero Gear (and I've never been there) probably does have all three. But you have to drive across Creation to get there.

So there's no free lunch.

Or if you want to a different experience, check out Gun City. They really ring it with "price, customer service, and selection."

I think he does give a sandwich with purchase!:lol:

I think all the shops around here have their niche down pretty well. Rabbi has his, G&L theirs, HeroGear, ASP (Joelton), Gun City......who exactly is Gun City's niche?B)

Edited by Smith
I think he does give a sandwich with purchase!:lol:

I think all the shops around here have their niche down pretty well. Rabbi has his, G&L theirs, HeroGear, ASP (Joelton), Gun City......who exactly is Gun City's niche?B)

Wealthy masochists buying their first gun?

Guest flyfishtn

They ring (err, that was suppose to be stock) no inventory, no customer service, and a musty old building with vagrants walking around outside. :eek:

Edited by flyfishtn
Wealthy masochists buying their first gun?

Hey, I resembled that remark!! :eek:

Three years ago I bought my first two guns there because it was the only gun shop I had ever been to. On a Wednesday I bought an SW40VE for $399 (soon found out everybody else was selling them for $299) and that Friday I bought a P22 for $329 (saw others just after that for $289) The next week I bought 3 more guns elsewhere for much better prices. However, it was still the only range I knew and I shot there a lot for about 10 months. I scooped up tons of brass every time I went, and that's mostly what I'm still shooting, I'm sure. I learned to look past the prices (and not buy anything!) and enjoy the company of Jack, Terry, and Dan. Jack actually sold me my first revolver out of his personal collection, a beautful model 64-4 that I keep with me every day. Maybe he made mad money on the sale, but I still got a smokin' deal.

Everytime someone pisses on Gun City I kind of agree, but still cringe a little inside. The guys were all GREAT to me (besides the guy that got fired for stealing) and taught me lots about guns and how to work with them. I have lots of fond memories of the place, and still stop by to say "hello" every time I get a chance. Jack had a rough year last year, with his wife committing suicide. It was really hard, especially as I was preparing to get married. He seemed happy for me, but you could tell it made it even more painful for him that here I was getting married, while he just lost the love of his life. Terry was a great hearted guy living with the sacrifice of his arm in Vietnam. He was also a great engineer, and took the time to show me the inner workings of any gun I asked about. Dan is guitar playin', liquor lovin' animal who was a lot of fun to talk to. We talked guitar gear as much as we did guns.

Anyways, Gun City may have many faults, but I enjoyed my times there.

I've found something good in all the shops I've been to, and wish I could buy stuff from all of them more often. That whole "I've got no money" thing is always a pain in the butt.

As much as i think it is a terrible gun store, I will have to admit the last few times I went there (for range convenience) the guys were pretty nice and helpful. However, My first few visits a couple years ago were completely different. They were unhelpful, arrogant, and just downright rude. Maybe the loss of business, as evidenced by their incredible lack of inventory since then, has brought them around. I still will go anywhere else I can first, but I will go now when I have to.

They ring (err, that was suppose to be stock) no inventory, no customer service, and a musty old building with vagrants walking around outside. :eek:

No.

They have inventory1

They have customer service2

1 Limited, from what people who have been there have told me. Overpriced from virtuallly everyone else.

2 Bad customer service. Outstandingly bad. Unbelievably bad in a way that amuses people when you tell the stories. Bad in a way that makes you wonder how they have managed to hold on this long.

No.

They have inventory1

They have customer service2

1 Limited, from what people who have been there have told me. Overpriced from virtuallly everyone else.

2 Bad customer service. Outstandingly bad. Unbelievably bad in a way that amuses people when you tell the stories. Bad in a way that makes you wonder how they have managed to hold on this long.

Well they are the oldest gun shop in Nashville and proud of it!:eek:

Franklin Gun shop has a great selection and pretty decent customer service, however they are overpriced and a bit pushy.

Also, I had a bad experience with them. One of the sons sold me on a "lightly used / nicely smithed Daly 1911". A year later when I attempted to trade it on a Glock 34, the same guy told me the that the Daly 1911 was "cast" and poor quality. Needless to say, they lost my trust and I'll never go back.

I am suprised no one has mentioned Guns & Leather. As far as selection, service, value and the best indoor range in Mid TN they are hard to beat. They have a huge selection and as long as you deal with one of the Williams(Dennis,Daniel or Ben) you will get excellent service. Their prices are cheaper than any I have seen other than Eastside. The range is awesome. Throw in a in-house custom leathermaker and a gunsmith and it is probably the best all around gun shop in the mid-state area. I window shop and shoot there and if I buy a gun it is either from Eastside(Rabbi, 1st choice) or Guns & Leather.