Just did my time at the DMV!

Guest Tipster

Hey fellers,

I did my time at the DMV today. 3 hours of waiting for a 5 minute interaction with the clerk. At least that part is over, all that is left is the fingerprint appt. on Wednesday. There's gotta be a better way to do this stuff.

Tip

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fellers,

I did my time at the DMV today. 3 hours of waiting for a 5 minute interaction with the clerk. At least that part is over, all that is left is the fingerprint appt. on Wednesday. There's gotta be a better way to do this stuff.

Tip

Uhm...make people stop getting their licenses suspended?

Guest capt usa

When you renew go to a smaller city (if you can) and get it. I've been in and out in 10 minutes the last few times I've been. I was waiting 30 to 45 minutes when I got it at a larger place.

Guest Victor9er
Hey fellers,

Tip

I feel your pain... it took me 3 hours also when I went... of course like an idiot I decided to go the day after Memorial Day, but still... you're not alone.

last time i went it was like "oh lawdie" everytime you turned around... cryin 16 yr old flunked her drivin test... bewildered truck driver tryin to get a road test... crazy middle east cab driver on his bluetooth talkin non stop arabic... for every one of the previous there was two drunk drivers tryin to get licenses reinstated and had to be repeatedly told they didn't have the right form... they need the other form... and they could call the court and get it faxed over from the clerk... slit my freakin wrist now please oh my gawd these people are stealing my air, if this is how people act should i carry i gun, who am i to judge if they are a complete waste of chromosome and their genome should be deleted before it continues to dilute the gene pool. oh yeh myers-briggs and their 3% intJ(udgemental)..but non of this is polite to get on a diatribe about per say

perhaps it would be better if i just mail in everything i can from now on and let the rest just expire

Guest archerdr1
The one near cookeville was about a three hour wait the last time I went. There were so many mexicans and islamic people filling out paperwork.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

You need one of these Clears the room fast! ATT00001_.jpg

last time i went it was like "oh lawdie" everytime you turned around... cryin 16 yr old flunked her drivin test... bewildered truck driver tryin to get a road test... crazy middle east cab driver on his bluetooth talkin non stop arabic... for every one of the previous there was two drunk drivers tryin to get licenses reinstated and had to be repeatedly told they didn't have the right form... they need the other form... and they could call the court and get it faxed over from the clerk... slit my freakin wrist now please oh my gawd these people are stealing my air, if this is how people act should i carry i gun, who am i to judge if they are a complete waste of chromosome and their genome should be deleted before it continues to dilute the gene pool. oh yeh myers-briggs and their 3% intJ(udgemental)..but non of this is polite to get on a diatribe about per say

perhaps it would be better if i just mail in everything i can from now on and let the rest just expire

I said I wouldn't do it but last time I renewed I mailed it in, I was afraid I wouldn't get my new permit before the old one expired but I got it in just a couple of weeks. Sure beats hanging out for half a day at the DMV.

As a new resident of of TN, I took others' advice and went to the Oakland DMV office and showed up as early as possible. It was completely trouble-free. My wife and I both got our TN licenses and I applied for my TN HCP as soon as the driver's license number was issued. Got my HCP in the mail 35 days later.

Only negative issue was that the guy there offered some bad info, saying that I couldn't carry with any of my other permits anymore and that I needed to wait for the TN HCP to arrive. I saw no benefit in having further discussion. Out of the four states I've lived in, TN's DMV was among the best.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one. I'll renew by mail from now on just like I do for my DL. Maybe they will get an online renewal system up and running by the time I need to renew. Thanks guys and gals!

Guest ArmaDeFuego
DMV in Tullahoma was about 15 minutes total including my filling out the form!

Yea as I mentioned, same with me when I did mine in Springfield.

I was actually still filling out the form when they called my number. I had to finish filling it out while I was standing at the counter talking to the lady.

The one near cookeville was about a three hour wait the last time I went. There were so many mexicans and islamic people filling out paperwork.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

What does that have to do with anything?

It's your choice not to like someone based on their skin color. It's my choice to delete racist comments and ban users.

Consider this your only warning.

I guess I was lucky. Back a few months ago I was in and out of the Murfreesboro DMV in 20 minutes. I called to make my appointment for finger printing from the parking lot, drove straight over and was out of there in 15 minutes. Including drive time from work, to both locations, and back to work I was done in about 1.5 hrs.

What does that have to do with anything?

It's your choice not to like someone based on their skin color. It's my choice to delete racist comments and ban users.

Consider this your only warning.

What did he say that was racist? He only stated that certaingroups may/or may not be there. It is only open to one’s own interpretation.You interpreted it in your own way….

PM if you can’t discuss this in the open and we will discussin private. Sorry for interjecting but I’m so tired of this pseudo racism. I welcome an objective conversation on this discussion.

Please people! I don't want anyone getting banned on my thread. On a lighter note, I did the fingerprints today, 15 minutes from the time I got out of the truck until I got back in. Much better than the DMV experience.

Tipster, do you have a good holster/belt to carry your pf9 on a day to day basis yet? Have you got a plan for vehicle storage if you have to go into a prohibited carry location yet? Just a couple logistics to work out while you wait. Let us know when you receive!

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

Tipster, do you have a good holster/belt to carry your pf9 on a day to day basis yet? Have you got a plan for vehicle storage if you have to go into a prohibited carry location yet? Just a couple logistics to work out while you wait. Let us know when you receive!

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

I made my own holster because I couldn't find one I liked and I have 2 or 3 belts that I can use.

Just bought a (new to me) 2006 Mitsubishi Raider that has lots of good hiding places. Thanks for bring this up, I haven't thought about the prohibited location thing yet.

I made my own holster because I couldn't find one I liked and I have 2 or 3 belts that I can use.

Just bought a (new to me) 2006 Mitsubishi Raider that has lots of good hiding places. Thanks for bring this up, I haven't thought about the prohibited location thing yet.

The easiest way I did it was to just go to all my favorite locations like normal but remember to stop when going in and just look at the door for any stickers or postings about guns. If none, don't worry about it. If they have one, mark it down the list I keep with me.