I think I'm going to need something in pink... and 9mm...

• Administrator

My fiance and I went shooting again this past weekend. I think I'm going to need to find something for her in a nice shade of pink... and 9mm. Maybe a Duracoated XD 9mm Service model, or a Glock 19, or an M&P 4-inch. She was really eyeing the H&K P30 9mm in the display cabinet though... :)

266237855_EY8gu-M.jpg

And fans of John Moses Browning will appreciate this...

266241544_rk2cS-M.jpg

And of course I had to expose her to Evil Black Rifle Disease while we were there. She did great with all of them and had quite a few of the guys on the firing line taking note.

266237241_WrFX4-M.jpg

:)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GT_Rat
She was really eyeing the H&K P30 9mm

Expensive (but good) taste in guns. Did the AR sale not go through? Or did you just decide to keep it. If I had known you were out there I would have come out. My mother finally let me have my dad's old Belgian made Browning .22 and I spent the day Sunday cleaning it. It's as old as I am. He bought it the year I was born (1970) in Germany. Before I cleaned it I could pull the action back and it would stay there. :) Got it all cleaned up and smooth and I could have had an excuse to blow off a few hundred rounds of .22 with my brother. :)

If you have a Gander Mountain store nearby, they sell pink Taurus' in several different calibers. My wife was eyeing the 9mm. They look pretty nice. Gander Mountain is the only authorized dealer for them, so you have to go there.

BTW, be forewarned if you do a search of "pink guns" on Google, you may find something that you weren't expecting.

Guest TNDixieGirl

ok, I love pink, would even carry a pink gun. Have even looked for a pink gun. But if anyone ever handed me that Pepto Bismol pink gun, I'd have to throttle them with it.

Guest EasilyObsessed

What about one of the new 9mm M&P's that are coming out with pink backstraps? Side benefit is part of the proceeds goes to support breast cancer research.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=11101&langId=-1&productId=68941&tabselected=over&isFirearm=Y&parent_category_rn=15702

edit: They also come with the standard black backstraps as well :)

Edited by EasilyObsessed
  • Administrator
What about one of the new 9mm M&P's that are coming out with pink backstraps? Side benefit is part of the proceeds goes to support breast cancer research.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=11101&langId=-1&productId=68941&tabselected=over&isFirearm=Y&parent_category_rn=15702

edit: They also come with the standard black backstraps as well :)

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday and showed it to her. She liked the fact that it has a portion of the sale proceeds going to breast cancer research (she's an RN and her family has a history with cancer) .

We might look into that and still see about having the slide re-finished pink to match. :D

Cherry Blossom

That is the stain I was henpecked into applying on my wifes' latest... Well, it was mine until she shot it and decided it was hers. What would you call that?

Anyway, cherry blossom stain makes a credible pink on a walnut stock, if that information is useful to you.

Thankfully, it was a commercial M1 receiver and not one of my GI carbines. I call it her "San Francisco Militia" rifle.

• Administrator

Thanks for the heads-up on the cherry blossom stain. That may come in handy later for my daughter if she decides she wants a .22 to plink with. My fiance is more interested in a polymer 9mm handgun of some sort. I'm going to see about putting an M&P 9mm in her hands soon and see what she thinks about it.

She's pretty fond of the Julie Goloski "Breast Cancer Awareness" edition M&P 9mm that I showed her the other day. I think we'd probably end up using pink Duracoat on the slide to further girlie it up a little, though.

• Administrator
SA EMP with pink grips, perhaps?

I just can't warm up to the 1911 framed 9mm compacts. Too many reliability issues. She really likes the XD Tactical and the P2000, so I think a poly gun with adjustable backstrap is what we'll look at for the moment.

Guest db99wj
Thanks for the heads-up on the cherry blossom stain. That may come in handy later for my daughter if she decides she wants a .22 to plink with. My fiance is more interested in a polymer 9mm handgun of some sort. I'm going to see about putting an M&P 9mm in her hands soon and see what she thinks about it.

She's pretty fond of the Julie Goloski "Breast Cancer Awareness" edition M&P 9mm that I showed her the other day. I think we'd probably end up using pink Duracoat on the slide to further girlie it up a little, though.

For your daughter,

226b.jpg226b.jpg

Product Information

Category: Firearm/Gun

Type: Rifle

Action: Single-Shot Bolt

Manufacturer: Crickett (by Keystone)

Caliber/Gauge: .22 LR

Model: Crickett 22

Barrel Finish: Blued or Stainless Steel

Receiver: Blue

Stock or Grips: Laminated

Barrel Length: 16.125

Overall Length: 30

Weight: 2.5

Capacity: 1

Sights: Peep Sights

Safety Features: Manual

Drilled & Tapped: Yes

Rate-of-Twist: 1-in-16

Additional Feature 1: Integral Key Lock

Additional Feature 2: Pink Laminated Stock

You can get in other colors too. They are great, single shot, kid rifles. They are very light, and can be manipulated easily.

http://www.crickett.com/CrickettRifle/crickettrifle.html

I have seen them a little under $200.

• 1 year later...