HCP and Parking Ticket

Hey guys I'm new here and I have a quick question that's been worrying me the past week. I applied a week ago for my HCP and got my fingerprints the next day. While browsing this forum I stumbled upon a discussion on parking tickets and being denied if you have one that's unpaid. I got a parking ticket about a month ago that I'm going to pay tomorrow (says I'm allowed 45 days to pay). I'm worried they might deny me based on the fact that I haven't paid this ticket yet even though I'm still within the alloted time. Am I just being paranoid or is this a valid concern?

Thanks

TheFinder

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp
Hey guys I'm new here and I have a quick question that's been worrying me the past week. I applied a week ago for my HCP and got my fingerprints the next day. While browsing this forum I stumbled upon a discussion on parking tickets and being denied if you have one that's unpaid. I got a parking ticket about a month ago that I'm going to pay tomorrow (says I'm allowed 45 days to pay). I'm worried they might deny me based on the fact that I haven't paid this ticket yet even though I'm still within the alloted time. Am I just being paranoid or is this a valid concern?

Thanks

TheFinder

So long as the ticket is not in warrant status you will be fine. If its past the 45 days, then the judge issues a bench warrant for your arrest and that would probably cause you to be denied until you pay it.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

I never had a single thought that I would get denied. Maybe because I had been background checked at least twice in the past 4 years before applying? Is it normal to worry about getting denied?

I never had a single thought that I would get denied. Maybe because I had been background checked at least twice in the past 4 years before applying? Is it normal to worry about getting denied?

I never thought about background checks untill I was denied years ago on a rifle purchase. Within a few days it was cleared up, but for the next 10-12 purchases I was concerned it would happen again.

I'm not worried about it getting denied because of anything on my record, it's clean. I just have bad luck sometimes so I'm extra anxious to get that permit in my hands, I guess patience isn't one of my virtues. At the apts where I live we sometimes have trouble with the mail being delivered to the wrong people, so I am of course anxious about that too. I'm at day 8 right now so Lord willin' I won't have to wait much longer.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Kids these days with their expecting to have their HCP arrive in under two weeks. Back in my day, you had to wait months, and walk 5 miles every day to the mailbox to check for it, barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways.

Guest WyattEarp
Kids these days with their expecting to have their HCP arrive in under two weeks. Back in my day, you had to wait months, and walk 5 miles every day to the mailbox to check for it, barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways.

this ain't 1953 anymore and dinosaurs no longer walk the Earth ;)

We want it now dammit! Now! now! now! me, me, me, I, I, I! It's all about me and what I want I tell ya! :D

**waits patiently for smartass "now you listen here you little whippersnapper" retort...:)

Edited by WyattEarp

When the HCP law first went into effect. The DOS did the fingerprinting themselves. You had to make an appointment to come and fill out the application and be finger printed.

The closet place to me that did it (Jackson) literally had a waiting list WEEKS long. So between not wanting to wait and semi-seriously worried the 6 month limit on my safety class would expire, I made an appointment at one of the little more out of the way stations in Nashville and drove an hour and half (one way) to apply.

So the process has got a lot better over the years...

Guest m500 lover

I had parking tickets years ago that are no longer on my record that i never paid. I was never bench warranted or anything like that. I showed up to court i just never paid em. Only time they issue warrants is for failure to appear on em and even then it is few and far between. I have had a clean driving record for a long time and have a discount from my insurance company.

Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

I had parking tickets years ago that are no longer on my record that i never paid. I was never bench warranted or anything like that. I showed up to court i just never paid em. Only time they issue warrants is for failure to appear on em and even then it is few and far between. I have had a clean driving record for a long time and have a discount from my insurance company.

Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Hmmmm most of the time if after a certain period of time you haven't paid them, they send the info to the state and they suspended your DL...just ask my daughter.

Has you DL status been checked lately?

Guest m500 lover
Hmmmm most of the time if after a certain period of time you haven't paid them, they send the info to the state and they suspended your DL...just ask my daughter.

Has you DL status been checked lately?

Well i never said it wasnt suspended years ago but i got it right back. I was even on sr 22 insurance years ago. I am just saying they never issued a warrant on me. But i grew up alot back then i was a stupid kid. Yes, it has been pulled recently. I got a ticket went to driving school and no points were reported to my license and i have the paper work to prove it. Also just renewed my car insurance again. Safe driver discount is on there. I dont think it would be if i had points on my license.

Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Edited by m500 lover
Well i never said it wasnt suspended years ago but i got it right back. I was even on sr 22 insurance years ago. I am just saying they never issued a warrant on me. But i grew up alot back then i was a stupid kid. Yes, it has been pulled recently. I got a ticket went to driving school and no points were reported to my license and i have the paper work to prove it. Also just renewed my car insurance again. Safe driver discount is on there. I dont think it would be if i had points on my license.

Got ya....

Just curious, was it a small town or a major city? Wondering if maybe they just never got around to it, or the person in charge was on vacation etc. Not that we govt. employees do such things :)