Shooting at South Knoxville Walmart

Sandman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest President Fernatt

My folks saw all the cars responding from downtown knox all the way down chapman. They said the cars were flying! Would have been cool to see. I'm curious how many years it will take to get the video released from the loss prevention office??

Not surprisingly, Walmart stayed open ;) wouldn't wanna lose a sale on the 99cent Doritos now would we?

Guest WyattEarp
Urban America is going downhill rapidly.

I can't imagine pulling a gun on a cop, over shoplifting no less.

I am glad no innocents were hurt.

Fixed it for ya :D

Glad the officer(s) came out physically ok. They are going to have a rough time of it mentally I am sure. The officer(s) are going to get sued for wrongful death by the family of the shoplifter. It almost always happens but KPD will provide them with legal help. Even when it gets thrown out it still takes months of stress of having that hanging over your head.

I am worried about a knee jerk reaction by Walmart now. Hopefully they don't change their HCP policy over this. Seems like any time something like this happens corporate policy is to ban firearms not realizing it only makes the store less safe.

Dolomite

Not surprisingly, Walmart stayed open :) wouldn't wanna lose a sale on the 99cent Doritos now would we?

To paraphrase what someone in the comments section on the News-Sentinel website posted, what should Walmart have done? Should they have closed and held a memorial service for the would-be cop killer?

Okay, I can see closing from the point of view that the employees who were there at the time were probably scared sh...er...witless and should have been allowed to go home.

Edited by JAB

Why close? I assume the shooting happened in a cinderblock walle

d office.

I bet most in the store did not know it even happened.

And my shopping should not be curtailed because a lifetime criminal played stupid games and won a stupid prize.

Do they use lightbulbs to make meth? (Serious question)

Not to make it that I know of, but to smoke it. They take the filament out and it makes a sort of pipe. Meth isn't smoked in the traditional sense. It is cooked. When the meth is heated it begins to smoke, not burn, kind of like sugar will, then it melts, they then use a straw to suck in the smoke.

He was in possession of $17 woth of appliance bulbs when he was taken into custody. He likely fought because he was on probabtion and a violation would have sent him back to jail to finish a 11/29 sentence for prevsious charges. The officer fired 6 shots and killed the shoplifter.

There have already been comments that he was just trying to support his family. If he had a pistol he could have sold it for more than the $17 worth of bulbs was worth.

Dolomite

He was in possession of $17 woth of appliance bulbs when he was taken into custody. He likely fought because he was on probabtion and a violation would have sent him back to jail to finish a 11/29 sentence for prevsious charges. The officer fired 6 shots and killed the shoplifter.

There have already been comments that he was just trying to support his family. If he had a pistol he could have sold it for more than the $17 worth of bulbs was worth.

Dolomite

That is BS. How are lightbulbs going to feed his family?
Nother serious question. Do pillheads smoke crushed up pills?
Not that I have heard of. They do snort them, and some can be taken intravenously.
Whatever happened to smoking banana peels?

What ever happened to filtered out Sterno?

Hell, for that matter what ever happened to just opening a bottle and consuming the beer (or whiskey, scotch, rum, etc.) inside? Heck, you can probably still find some blackberries, etc. for free. Throw them in a glass jar with water and sugar and wait a few days. I'll never understand people who do illegal drugs - especially chemical crap like meth, etc. - when there is cheaper, legal stuff that one can consume to kick one's own ass if so desired.

What ever happened to filtered out Sterno?

Hell, for that matter what ever happened to just opening a bottle and consuming the beer (or whiskey, scotch, rum, etc.) inside? Heck, you can probably still find some blackberries, etc. for free. Throw them in a glass jar with water and sugar and wait a few days. I'll never understand people who do illegal drugs - especially chemical crap like meth, etc. - when there is cheaper, legal stuff that one can consume to kick one's own ass if so desired.

It is all about the different types of high.

I don't consume any illicit drugs at this current point in my life. I don't drink. I do smoke tobacco. I try to avoid getting prescriptions if I can.

I don't like the feeling of drunkenness. I feel slow, sluggish, it is hard to think.

However when I am given a prescription of pain pills, say hydrocodone/vicodin I feel energized, sharp, on point.

When I was younger, I had been known to partake of other illegal substances. It was green. It kept me calm and allowed me to concentrate, to think on one subject at great length.

Again, all different types of high. And that is as deep as my experience goes with the above, other than watching some close to me destroy their lives.