Something to think about....

Guest spoolie

Guest spoolie

Recently a very good member (paying benefactor) was banned for a deal that he changed his mind on...which in all rights is his option via the forum rules. Wizzard640 is a wonderful guy to deal with and will bend over backward to accomidate any deal. My side of the story I got last night was that the guy was pressuring him into finishing the deal when the item in trade wasn't up to par as described, so in my mind I would back out also....a mint weapon for a not mint weapon isn't a good trade.

David please reconcider un-banning him. I will vouch for him as I have done 2 very fast and easy deals with him.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

You're absolutely right. A member has every right to back out of a trade when half of the trade isn't up to par.

However, that doesn't appear to be what happened here. Neither the communication with the trader, or with our staff once the deal came to our attention indicate anything about a poor quality item. Instead, we got excuses, delays, lack of communication and when given considerable opportunity to make it right, a lot of misplaced arrogance and indignation.

Had it simply been a case of a trade not being up to par, by all means he could have communicated exactly that and that would have been the end of it.

I don't like to ban anyone from this forum, nor do any other moderators. However, this whole system in our trading post is built on trust. It only takes a few people breaching that trust to cause this whole thing to fall apart. We have a good reputation that we value and will go to great lengths to protect. We will not become another fraud-riddled gun owners club.

I'm not entirely sure why this message, as well as your trade feedback this morning is out here on the public forum as opposed to being sent via PM. Nonetheless, however inappropriate it may be, I'm happy to discuss and back any action I take as a moderator publicly.

Sunlight is in fact a great disinfectant.

Guest spoolie

I did sent a message directly to David...got no response, so I made this thread. But now Wizzard640 can't even voice his side of the story so we will only know one side....the member here.

I'm not defending anyone...just bringing up what I heard. We talked for 1.5 hrs last night.

Guest spoolie
I did sent a message directly to David...got no response.
Rather than continuing a campaign publicly supporting a banned member I recommend you take it up with management privately.

I think I said that already.

• Admin Team

Some things are more appropriately done in private. I know David's been busy at work, and his time on here has been sporadic this last week. It's hard to remember that people have lives apart from the Internet sometimes.

That said, when things are brought out in public, it has a way of being damaging to everyone by hardening all sides involved. You can't really be selective about what gets judged at that point.

The funny thing about having a bad friend is that it always seems like you to try and give them the benefit of the doubt up until the point they drag you into their troubles, too.

Edited by MacGyver
Recently a very good member (paying benefactor) was banned for a deal that he changed his mind on...which in all rights is his option via the forum rules. Wizzard640 is a wonderful guy to deal with and will bend over backward to accomidate any deal. My side of the story I got last night was that the guy was pressuring him into finishing the deal when the item in trade wasn't up to par as described, so in my mind I would back out also....a mint weapon for a not mint weapon isn't a good trade.

David please reconcider un-banning him. I will vouch for him as I have done 2 very fast and easy deals with him.

How many friends do you have that are criminals?

His latest complaint from today: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/65424-incomplete-transaction-wizzard-640-a.html

Guest spoolie

Well...I've done 2 complete deal that went flawless and got LNIB weapons...maybe the people he met freaked him out??? I will continue to do deals with him with no problems...working out one now on a Kimber Warrior.

But he can't explain himself or appoligize or make anything correct when he is banned.

Guest bkelm18
Well...I've done 2 complete deal that went flawless and got LNIB weapons...maybe the people he met freaked him out??? I will continue to do deals with him with no problems...working out one now on a Kimber Warrior.

But he can't explain himself or appoligize or make anything correct when he is banned.

Being "freaked out" is an ok excuse for stealing $100 from someone? I'll have to remember that next time I need some cash. :)

Guest spoolie

I have Magoo's holster...somehow got shipped to my address???? If I have his address I will make that deal right.

Guest spoolie
Being "freaked out" is an ok excuse for stealing $100 from someone? I'll have to remember that next time I need some cash. :)
I have Magoo's holster...somehow got shipped to my address???? If I have his address I will make that deal right.

Please read more closely.

• Administrator
I did sent a message directly to David...got no response, so I made this thread.

Poor choice of tactic and it earned you a permanent eviction from the site.

TGO is not a democracy but we do endeavor to run it as benevolently as possible. This means we try to have everyone's best interests at heart whenever we make a decision, and that there are expectations from all members in respect to the way they conduct themselves while participating on the forum. Trying to force things to go your direction by publicly subverting the moderators will never be tolerated.

In this case, as others have said, your chum Wizzard has ripped off not one but several other members of TGO. That is not going to fly here. If someone rips off the other members, they will be thrown out and we will cooperate with any legal effort to hunt them down and extract the money owed if a member wishes to take it that far. Simply put, we have the members' backs on this and any deal, so every would-be thief needs to take note.

As for you, our Code of Conduct clearly states the expectations for those who want to offer a difference of opinion to the Staff or the site ownership. The proper way is to contact us privately. However there is no "statute of limitations" on how quickly we must respond before you take it and make a public spectacle of it. That is never allowed and as such you are no longer welcome on TGO.

The true shame of this is that you've chosen to represent a top notch shop in your signature and they do not deserve to have their name associated with your conduct here. I've taken the liberty of removing their info from your signature to preserve their reputation.