New Trial for Christian-Newsome Murders

Sandman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How this is allowed to happen just makes me sick to my stomach. Its absoutely rediculous and uncalled for to have retrials. I'm not sure why im so surprised to see our society be so eager to find ways to make pure monsters a second chance instead of growin a set and giving these shameless scum what they deserve. just a death penalty would be justice; but it would be better than this. I totally agree with Targetshooter84. Give them what they dished out.

That is just sickening.

I don't understand why the defendants couldn't get stiffer sentences if they are

being granted retrials. Is there some kind of law on the books to provide for that?

The retrial doesn't mean they are more or less innocent. I think it just means the

legal process has to be restarted because of a dumbass judge's misconduct. The

problem with the whole mess is that the defendants have a second chance to escape

justice by some very skillful lawyering.

I have heard to expect far more gruesome details to come out this time. I pray that the Christian and Newsom families can somehow have some peace. The monsters that did these acts should never have made it to trial.

Glenn

Another example of corruption being kept quiet. I'm not sure about my facts but I think I heard another judge or Dr knew of this and didn't speak out, also he was having sex in the chambers with one of his suppliers, and possible taking 10-20 pills a day, heard 30 somewhere I first heard a 100. If this were the case more people had to know this was going on.

As far as a retrial this crazy they got off light and now it could easier on them with no chance of a worse sentence. The attorneys are licking their chops at the $$.

Turn them loose in some rural area and let everybody know where. I wish everybody could see the clip of the one whinning made me sick it was on wbir tv but I couldn't find it on the site.

Baumgartner's "sordid" illegal activity detailed | wbir.com

Edited by laktrash

Time to start drug testing all elected officials. I have to be drug tested at work to keep my job.

I would think to get new trials there had to be some judicial error found at some point.

If a new trial is done I hope they all get the worst possible sentence.

There is no possibility of justice being served thru a retrial of these monsters; and i dont believe there was ever any chance of justice being served in the original trial. There is simply no penalty (...with the exception of the 'eye for eye' penalty....) that would come anywhere near to bringing justice to those left.

The fact of the matter is that the "justice enterprize" as presently constituted in Knox County (...and many other places as well...) is, at it's core, not about justice at all. It's about influence, graft, and corruption at several levels. It's about judges doing things that would get you and l locked up. It's about a DA and other "officers of the court" remaining silent while turning their collective heads in the other direction (...as near as i can tell...); and finally the truth being grudgingly dragged out of them and brought into the open; causing them to admit to a problem in the court in order to save thier own collective stinkin hides. It's about defense lawyers who make their living defending the genuinely guilty who seem to be morally and ethically bankrupt, who do their job for the money. And, lastly, its about the money. The money that has been spent on this travesty of justice and that which will be spent by those who worship the god of money while murdering the principles of justice.

The adversarial justice system used in this country, while it is the greatest and fairest ever devised, has been hijacked by those who are morally and ethically bankrupt. When that happens, this is what you get. I'm kinda like John Westley Harrdin was said to be when he walked into any room with regard to the "justice enterprise": "...I see lotsa enemies and no friends....". I know how he musta felt.

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with the Christian and Newsome family; but i have no expectation that justice will ever be served in this case and in thousands of others all over the country. The Christian-Newsome incident is a wake up call to all those who believe in the goodness of mankind and the rule of law. They are both a heinous, cynical lie.

My advice is to arm yourselves and call the "authorities" after everything is over. The "authorities" and the law cant protect you, nor are they able to "punish wrongdoing" (...no matter how heinous...).

It also makes the case for the voting out of all polititians (...no matter how proficient, windsome, or dedicated...) that has served over two consecutive terms in office.

leroy

Edited by leroy
Guest mikedwood
Time to start drug testing all elected officials. I have to be drug tested at work to keep my job.

I would think to get new trials there had to be some judicial error found at some point.

If a new trial is done I hope they all get the worst possible sentence.

That's what I was thinking, exactly.

Also on the Phil Williams show today he was talking about a protest, rally something of the sort on December 12th to keep the trials in Knoxville, apparently there is a motion to move the trials. Moving the trials would put an undo strain on the families of the victims and I think be a bad thing.

I'm not a protest or rally kind of guy but I have to say something is drawing me to attend that one if it happens.

Guest WyattEarp
I just saw on the news they had a clip where one of them was complaining about the treatment he was getting and the new judge told him to sit down and shut up he wasn't going to listen to any of that.

Sounds like some us tgo members need to get together and buy that judge a case of Jack Daniels finest. Put that man on SCOTUS! We need more like him on the bench!

Why are these scumbags still alive? Is there a rope shortage in that part of the state or something? Because... I've got some rope. I mean, if I need to make a donation of rope, I'm willing and able to do so.

If some of you east Tennessee boys will bring them down here, David has the rope, and I have a tall oak tree in my back yard that they should all fit in real nice.

This really makes me sick. The whole damn situation.

If some of you east Tennessee boys will bring them down here, David has the rope, and I have a tall oak tree in my back yard that they should all fit in real nice.

This really makes me sick. The whole damn situation.

Screw that, blowtorch and pliers.

Guest WyattEarp

nah, 1 volunteer, 1 gun, 4 bullets, and 30 seconds. let God sort the rest out when they meet Him on the other side. we need not waste our time, energy or effort on anything aside from that.

nah, 1 volunteer, 1 gun, 4 bullets, and 30 seconds. let God sort the rest out when they meet Him on the other side. we need not waste our time, energy or effort on anything aside from that.

I would only agree to this if they were all gut shot and left to lay. No more energy of effort, but a lot more suffering for those bastards.

It’s surprising to me that a Judge could be high all the time, have drug ho’s running in and out of his chambers and everyone stood by and kept their mouths shut. They must do things differently in that Courthouse than most.

It’s surprising to me that a Judge could be high all the time, have drug ho’s running in and out of his chambers and everyone stood by and kept their mouths shut. They must do things differently in that Courthouse than most.

This the really sad thing. Penn state all over again. How many people had to know this was going on and did or said nothing ? He was eating 10-30 pills a day and people didn't know, bullsh** ! Its scary how bad and far back this will go. I'll bet 75% plus knew this was going on at the city county building. This not the first time recently that corruption has reared its ugly head with this bunch up there.

....It’s surprising to me that a Judge could be high all the time, have drug ho’s running in and out of his chambers and everyone stood by and kept their mouths shut. They must do things differently in that Courthouse than most. ...

Dave has put his finger on an endemic problem in Knox County. The biggest problem with Knoxville City (....and to a large extent...) Knox County government and politics is the dilution of the local populus with outsiders (....read that people from other states and large population centers....). They appear in jobs at the university and the surrounding areas, and they tend to being their voting views and voting habits to the knoxville metro area (....not so much the county...). The knoxville city government is full of this (...take a look at the last names...); as well as some bureaucratic areas of the county government in areas like the court system. You couple the constant commings and goings of these "transient" folks with what i would term the " the outliers of society fringe" groups that inhabit the college scene; you get the mix (...and mess...) that we have in the Knox metro area.

There are still pockets of the original east tennessee folks; but there is plenty of dilution as well. That makes for a "tug of war" of sorts that goes on from time to time here. There is also an exodus of native knoxvillians from the knoxville city area. There are many old residential areas that are run down and derilict because the original settlers are either passed on their reward or have moved to the county to excape the very problems we are discussing. This exodus simply concentrates the hoodlum element and fringe allowing this "idiot fringe" a larger voice in government and a bigger voting block. You couple that with the system of initially appointing judges, then voting to continue them in office; you get what you get.

Remember this, former judge Bumgartner (...by the way, Bumgartner aint a east tennessee name....) is a demorat; as is Randy Nichols, the Knox County DA; all in a city and county that has always been strongly Republican. This is directly related (...i think, at least...) to this "dilution" effect; combined and complicated by the effect of outside meddling (...read that initial appointment of judges...) along with the complicity of the legal groups (...read that bar associations...) which may or may not reflect the views of the local population . I strongly suspect that this "tug of war" will get a lot hotter in the next elections here. Most of the indigenous natives of this area (...mostly in the county...) see things pretty well they way our brother and sister posters do here; but there is always enough of the "progressive thinking" geniuses and genuine haters of all things reasonable and good to keep the mix stirred up here pretty well.

Also, never loose sight of these facts; the first is that the legal profession has been deeply affected by the hippie movement and is many times very sympathetic to many issues that the general population finds offensive and even wrong. The second is that the police force (...and to a lesser extent in knox county, at least....) the sheriff's department has been neutered and calmed down to the point that most hoodlums are simply not afraid anymore. More than that, they damn sure aint afraid of the court system.

I well remember when the court system, the police force, and the seriff's department in knoxville and knox county were "law and order" folks of the highest rank. They were known and feared by the criminal element and criminal problems were handled swiftly, severely, and, in many cases, finally without fail. That time is well passed. What your are seeing in knoxville is the thuggish "ooze" oozing out of the places that the hoodlum element used to operate on an in out into the general areas of the city of knoxville. I predict that when (...God forbid...) there is another heinous crime or killin in the more affluent neighborhoods of the city, the polititians and bureaucrats will start fixing this problem. Until then, it will stay just like it is now; basically ineffective, with a good dose of keeping things quiet.

All that bein said; i would advise anyone who has dear ones going to school in the Knoxville area to arm themselves and be watchful. This "ooze" that ive discussed is busily circling the University of Tennessee area now; it is simply being kept quiet. The situation is a bit different in the outlying county areas. The citizens have already started "adjudicating cases" out in those areas. There have been several "final judgements" of home invaiders in those areas that have discouraged the hoodlum element to some extent and trouble in the county area has calmed down a bit.

I full well expect that some of my brother and sister opiners living in the knox metro area may not necessarily see things the way i do as outlined in this little epistle on knoxville politics and civic makeup, and i understand that. This little analysis is born of about 50 or so years of watchin along with a bit of knowledge handed down from my parents and grand parents. Knoxville (...and many other metro locations...) as been deeply affected and changed by the "hippie revolution" of the sixties. Most of it for the worse. Time will tell if this situation improves. My prediction is that it (...sadly...) will not.

Remember, be careful what ya ask for; you may just get it.

leroy

Edited by leroy

leroy you're right on track randy nichols is a 2-faced POS. remember Ragsdale and his spending spree, that went nowhere didn't it Hutchicon PPHHHT. The whole place is cess pool

BTW here a link to judge Blackwoods feelings about the deal a little long I'm still trying ti find the one where he tells sh**head to sit down and shutup

If this is true, and there are court officers that kept silent, then we need to find out who kept silent, and have them all disbarred! To me they are all accomplices.

Leroy I am kind of dumfounded at your post. Awful broad brush you seem to be painting with.

Most of it I can let go, but some of it really sticks out.

What kind of name is a east Tennessee name? and what of these dang outsiders? Ooff, kind of odd seeing that as this country was not inhabited by your kind ( I assume you are are the original whitey to this area) and used manifest destiny to run off the indigenous peoples.

This is a college town. I may be wrong but I would dare say that over the years many students from UT made Knoxville their home upon graduation. And I will go out on a limb and say that I bet many of them make great contributions to Knoxville and the surrounding area. I will go way out on that limb and wonder if many others have moved here over the years to be around the mountains and an area that is slightly less urban than where they may have originally lived. And I am not sure, not at all, but I bet a huge portion of those people are gainfully employed, maybe even employers themselves. They own homes, pay taxes and are productive citizens of the area.

Meh, I am probably way off here.

Guest WyattEarp
There is no possibility of justice being served thru a retrial of these monsters; and i dont believe there was ever any chance of justice being served in the original trial. There is simply no penalty (...with the exception of the 'eye for eye' penalty....) that would come anywhere near to bringing justice to those left.

the only type of Justice that comes to mind in this type of situation is this....

the justice system had it's chance, they botched it.