Ruger LCP .380

tmck

I have close to 700 rounds thru my LCP as of this weekend... not problems at all, no jams. Im not only amazed, Im tickled to death... now I just need a couple dozen more to sell. As of right now we have only gotten 6 guns and they were gone in no time.... I need more more more!!!

Time to sell mt 3at...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest durdensfriend

I took mine out and had some jams on the final round of the mags... it happened a few times but I'm sure it will work itself out.

Edit... then again, I was using Winchester whites.

Edited by durdensfriend
Guest eyebedam
I took mine out and had some jams on the final round of the mags... it happened a few times but I'm sure it will work itself out.

Edit... then again, I was using Winchester whites.

Are you referring to the winchester that are in th e white box? If so are this bad ammo? I always assumed these were decent being name brand factory ammo? If this ammo is junk what is a good pratice ammo. They are middle of the road priced so I always assumed they were good.

Guest Boonie

hey just wanted to share this with yall i bought a kaltec p-3at it does great. the only thing i dont like is the grip is a little short. (it hurts my ring finger when it kicks up) i just ordered a grip extender made to fit on the magazine i cant wait to try it out. also ordered a belt clip for it too. but i was going to buy the ruger lcp because i also have a p-89 and i love it. but both the ruger and the kaltec look about the same.

Guest durdensfriend
Are you referring to the winchester that are in th e white box? If so are this bad ammo? I always assumed these were decent being name brand factory ammo? If this ammo is junk what is a good pratice ammo. They are middle of the road priced so I always assumed they were good.

I wouldn't consider it great ammo... I mean, I use it for target practice but thats about it.

I held the Kel-Tec and the Ruger at Rabbi's shop yesterday. I have never owned

a automatic from either company.

Hands down I would buy the Ruger LCP. I am not much of a pocket gun person. I am

going to get one. As far as ripping off peoples designs, the industry is full of them.

Edited by R1100R
Guest docvantrease2003
got my new ruger last thursday great little gun fuctions well.i will need a extra mag anyone got one for sale

if is not a colt its just a copy

99.99% of the time, WWB is all I shoot at the range. I have never had one single issue with it. *Knock On Wood*

***Note*** I've never tried it in an LCP.

Guest J.D.D

I found this info. on Wikipedia about the RUGER LCP.

The pistol has a glass-filled nylon frame and a through-hardened blued steel slide. It is similar in appearance to the Kel-Tec P3AT and uses a similar tension spring for the lightweight hammer, identical locked breech mechanism, and similar takedown method. The main differences are the Glock style extractor and the incorporation of an external slide stop. MSRP for the Ruger LCP is less than $330 (US).

The small two finger grip of this gun can be made more comfortable with the use of the Houge Jr. grip. The Kel-Tec P3AT pocket clip is compatible with the LCP. It is possible to tell if there is a round chambered by looking at the "view hole" next to the extractor.

I think i am getting the RUGER. I have owned RUGER'S for the last 30 years and never found a bad one!

I asked the gal at the gun shop, where I got my LCP and she said the pistols are hard to get and the clips are even harder to get. She did not have any idea when she would have some.

TMc

I was at Guns & Leather the other day, and there was a guy who purchased 3 of them at the same time. They were selling for $319.

I thought about getting one, but I'm still trying to figure out a man (without girly hands) is able to shoot the LCP. It was so tiny, and I just couldn't make it feel anything that resembled comfort.

These small handguns aren't really intended to be comfortable - they are intended to be small enough to throw in a back pocket. I haven't tried that with a LCP yet. The Kel-Tec does that just fine, but the LCP is very slightly larger. It's probably OK, although I wish the P3AT was just a bit shorter.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have one of the new Ruger LCP's, tried or even seen one? I'm waiting on the HCP and am looking at my options for what to carry. I want something light and handy to carry in a loose pocket. Don't really care to dress just for the gun - so I'm looking for something small.