Ever have this feeling?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric,

At one point in my life I owned over 400 knives at one time. I had a very extensive Case Collection nearly every Benchmade Ballisong made and several others. I felt that I had way too many and sold them all. I reget it more than I can tell you and as my collection slowly begins to climb I can honestly say that you can never own too many knives

enjoy them!

Edited by willis68

I have a few knives, if cleaning makes you feel like you have to many, maybe your collection is to big. You can let me hold them until the urge goes away and you look forward to cleaning again, but if it is anything like collecting guns, I look forward to cleaning them and holding them and looking them over and well you know what I am saying if you are a gun person.

Geeze, I feel like a whiner for complaining about too many knives in comparison to what you guys have. I only have about 20 - 25 knives. They are all very nice, but nowhere near as numerous as you guys.

Guest jackdm3

When I first read this thread, I didn't look at who wrote it. I thought it was the Grand Marshall O.S.!

Y'all don't even need to do a poll on who carries the most at any one time. We all know who holds that title.

Geeze, I feel like a whiner for complaining about too many knives in comparison to what you guys have. I only have about 20 - 25 knives. They are all very nice, but nowhere near as numerous as you guys.

Yeah, but I only have one that cost more than a c-note.

5 of the ones of the ilk you post would average to 25 or more of mine.

- OS

I don't know what it is about knives, but they are fascinating and soothing for some reason. I have recently become a Case enthusiast. I love the vintage variety, and recently had 4 passed down to me, one of which I carry in my pocket after some heavy duty cleaning and polishing.

I'm just really proud of it since it was my dad's.

imag0006hg.jpg

imag0007gp.jpg

imag0005na.jpg

Edited by DaddyO
Guest Scramasax

For several years I bought,sold, collected and brokered Custom and High end factory knives. The prices varied from $75.00 to $4000.00 with around $375.00 to $500.00 being the largest price range. The most I had in my collection and stock to sell or trade was 3,500. My wife shredding old papers looked through the files and told me that in 19 years I bought/sold over 37,ooo knives. Now I think I am down to under 200. Yes I know how hard it is to keep and maintain a collection. Just don't have it in me anymore. Still have the steel addiction just not the funds or stamina. I now enjoy the hunt for military knives now more than ever. It took me 20 years to find an OSS dagger I could afford, 30 years to find a LaGana tomahawk just mention a couple. I'll keep them for a while and then sell them. I'm also still looking for the "perfect" feeling knife for my hand. I've come close several times and I might have found the custom maker that can acomplish this.

A knife collection can be more varried than any antique gun collection that most of us could afford, and marginally easier to store. Enjoy the hunt.

Cheers,

ts

I actually enjoy my knife collection much more than my gun collection. There are so many people out there making high quality knives. There is just always something or someone new to discover.

I have to agree with you Fred,

Heck I have not bought a 1911 in well over a year but seem to get a new knife weekly. Heather from Chris Reeve knives just emailed me saying that my Insingo will ship late December, so I gave her an order for a Tear drop damascus blade Snake wood insert Sebenza with double Gold studs, i wanted that more than a new pistol i guess,

I don't know what it is about knives, but they are fascinating and soothing for some reason. I have recently become a Case enthusiast. I love the vintage variety, and recently had 4 passed down to me, one of which I carry in my pocket after some heavy duty cleaning and polishing.

Vintage Case knives are awesome, i cannot seem to find the hard drive with my old pictures but I had one hell of a collection of them several years ago

I have a question to the knife collectors. Do you have any knives that you will not carry (outside of autos and > 4"), or will you carry anything you own? I will carry any of my knives except my Kathathu. That will not get carried ever, especially since someone just sold their's without a certificate or box for almost $900. It has become too much of a collector's item.

Ya know, when I first started getting into knives I thought Microtechs were just the coolest thing. Now, I don't really care for them. They are nice, and I am not saying I won't buy anymore in the future, but they seem sort of gimmicky.

I have a question to the knife collectors. Do you have any knives that you will not carry (outside of autos and > 4"), or will you carry anything you own? I will carry any of my knives except my Kathathu. That will not get carried ever, especially since someone just sold their's without a certificate or box for almost $900. It has become too much of a collector's item.

Ya know, when I first started getting into knives I thought Microtechs were just the coolest thing. Now, I don't really care for them. They are nice, and I am not saying I won't buy anymore in the future, but they seem sort of gimmicky.

I have sold all of my Microtechs, and will never buy another. Tony Marifone crossed the line by ripping off the Kershaw guys, Google search a Microtechs Project X knife, it is a blatant copy of Zero Tolerances upcoming knife. Tony admitted it to Thomas one of the Kershaw big wigs

Anyway, yes I have had several knives that I would not use just because they were too nice. Now the only ones that I have not used are some Pro Tech autos that I keep new in the box because they are forum knives.

First off, I agree with you 100% on the Microtechs. I owned several of them a while back and sold them all.

I own one knife I can think of in the criteria you set that I wouldn't carry. It's a Sebenza Lisa's Pick from December 2010 that my wife got me for Christmas last year. It's not the most expensive or the most valuable knife that I own but it's the one I like the most that I didn't pick out myself.

Damn, I just saw that on blade forums. The Marifone Prototype looks just like the 777. That is sort of s****y. I think I will preorder a ZT 0777 in protest if it is not too late.

You can still order one, Microtechs use to be some of the finest knives in the World, but with this piece of Dung running the company it is easy to see why they are losing their appeal to everyone

You can still order one, Microtechs use to be some of the finest knives in the World, but with this piece of Dung running the company it is easy to see why they are losing their appeal to everyone

I just got through sending Dave an email to add me to the list.