Virginia Tech...

ls3_kid

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunate news; especially the apparent death of the office. However, other than the fact that it was near the campus of VT, there doesn't appear to be any connection beyond that - the latest report I just read said this was apparently a traffic stop incident.

Really? I didn't read the article. This may win the cheesey journalism of the year award.

This says it was on campus.

At Least 2 Dead In Virginia Tech Shooting | Fox News

BLACKSBURG, Va. – DEVELOPING: Two people, including a police officer, were fatally shot on Virginia Tech's campus on Thursday, according to a university spokesman.

A police officer and an unidentified victim were confirmed dead just before 2 p.m.

The suspect, according to the posting, is described as a white male wearing gray sweatpants and a gray hat with a neon green brim. He was believed to traveling on foot near McComas Hall, a campus gym.

Messages seeking comment from school officials were not immediately returned.

"There is an active campus alert in Blacksburg," read a notice on the school's website. "Everyone should seek shelter or stay where you are. Blacksburg Transit service is suspended until the alert is lifted."

Paramedics were seen assisting a person on the ground of a campus parking lot, a witness told FOX News.

Brittany Wilson, a student at the school, told Fox News she and other students were remaining indoors.

"It doesn't seem like too much is going on around here," she said. "We're all just staying in, nothing else is really going on downtown."

wonderful. more ammo for the anti-gun nutjobs to use to support more prevention, stricter gun control and more anti-gun legislation.

This matters not - if anything, this is a testament to the fact that gun control only works against law abiding citizens.

But logic is simply not part of the gun-control movement - they wish to CONTROL the people, so they will twist ANYTHING to support their perverse desires.

wonderful. more ammo for the anti-gun nutjobs to use to support more prevention, stricter gun control and more anti-gun legislation.

All the while ignoring the fact that gun-free zones are killing zones. I guess just as long as it's not any of their loved ones they are OK with it.

I grew up in Blacksburg and still have family there. I've been checking the papers from there and still no id on the second "victim". I was told earlier today that they believed they had the shooter and he had taken his own life and did not make it off campus. But, more important keep the officer and his family in your prayers, all the LEOs that have been affected this week. Thank you to all who wear a badge!

Matt