My Expierence Today...

dbla

This place sounds like Coal Creek Armory West.

CCA is only that bad when they don't know you. I remember the first few times I went in there before anyone knew me and they weren't good experiences. Granted, I only go there to shoot and never buy anything so that's a plus for me.

being a firsttime gun buyer in the next week or two this is all very good info. i've been told to stay away from certain places because they were high priced but i cannot wait to make the trip north to guns and leather, i hear they have a good selection of sigs

Guest bkelm18
CCA is only that bad when they don't know you. I remember the first few times I went in there before anyone knew me and they weren't good experiences. Granted, I only go there to shoot and never buy anything so that's a plus for me.

They should really treat all customers with respect, not the ones that get buddy buddy with them. I go to these places to buy guns, not make friends. :) Granted I haven't been in CCA for maybe 3-4 yrs mainly for the rudeness I experienced every time I stepped foot in there. There are other shops in the area with a friendlier staff. I'll happily pay a bit more if I'm treated with some shred respect.

They should really treat all customers with respect, not the ones that get buddy buddy with them. I go to these places to buy guns, not make friends. :) Granted I haven't been in CCA for maybe 3-4 yrs mainly for the rudeness I experienced every time I stepped foot in there. There are other shops in the area with a friendlier staff. I'll happily pay a bit more if I'm treated with some shred respect.

This. I don't want to be coffee buddies with the mall-ninja behind the counter. I want to be greeted, asked if I need help and then either be helped or be left alone until I need help. CCA is only about 5 miles from my house but based on multiple crappy experiences in there I haven't darkened their door in a couple of years.

I agree about G&L, my wife is not very gun savvy and the guys working out in Greenbrier have been VERY helpful and accommodating when she comes in. I've bought a decent amount of guns in the last six months, all but two have been from G&L. They've been incredibly helpful.

To be fair D&T also has been EXTREMELY accommodating and friendly. They sold me my M&P and I will do business with them again, they just didn't have the Glocks today :-/

It's odd about all of our individual experiences and perceptions of local businesses. I've had nothing but issues with G&L at both locations and then really good experiences at D&T every time. I guess that's why we have so many dealers located in Middle TN. :-)

I have tried to be an Outpost customer on a couple of occasions, but their customer service has caused me to leave without buying anything every single time. I am picky about what I want, so when I find what I am looking for, I am usually ready to buy. The only thing that stops me is poor customer service. My wife won't shop with me because I make such a point of being treated like a valued customer. I don't want anything discounted, I just want service. If I don't get it, I ain't buying from your company.

Guest BobPayne44

I stopped by there on the way back from Atlanta about a month ago spent about an hour in the store picked up a couple holsters a lot of reloading supply's about $400 worth I sat everything on the counter and the guy sat there talking to another guy behind the counter looked at me a few times 10 minutes later I told him to get someone to put all that **** back up on his shelves and walked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's odd about all of our individual experiences and perceptions of local businesses. I've had nothing but issues with G&L at both locations and then really good experiences at D&T every time. I guess that's why we have so many dealers located in Middle TN. :-)

What issues?

What issues?

BAM!!! customer service at G&L breaks out again...

I drive past at least 3 other shops to get there although with as much as I've been working lately I haven't had much of a chance to get there.

I love to stop at gun shops when traveling and I'm up and down I-24 quite a bit. It only took stopping and being ignored a couple of times for me to stop swinging in. Not particularly a G&L fanboy. I've even had a bad experience there. Once I made them aware of the situation it was addressed immediately and based on that I gave them another chance. I'm glad I did as they have been fair with me every since. I value honesty and fairness and that keeps me going back.

About a year and a half ago I was in market for first handgun in 15 years. Visted at least 8 or 9 shops after doing a lot of on line research. Could not get a single question answered at the Outpost, guy was too busy swapping stories with a guy at end of counter. Told me to hang on, he would be through in a bit. 45 minutes later walked out to nver return. Did spend a good bit of time later at G/l and APS. Got solid info and discussions at both. But found a spot that I now frequent monthly at least. Tennessee Gun Country in Clarksville. John, the owner and his crew have always took whatever time neede to show, demostrate, or answer my questions. Sure they might ask to hang on a minute if really busy, especially on saturay. They always ackowledge every few minutes and even pull you into other conversations. Never owned anything but revolvers before then. They took time to demo every make they had, what they felt were pros and cons of each. Even said it was their opinion, and as something else everyone has, everyone has one. Guess I was not 100% certain. I was suggested to talk to friends, family, even neighbors who might own guns. Did just that and went back armed with a laundry list of questions. Almost 3 hours later, lots of discussion and introduction to several websites, made first purchase. Been back for numerous accessories and a rifle purchase and lots of ammo.

Ammo prices are within a dollar or two of WallyWorld.

Have sent 3 or 4 friends there and all have wound up purchasing with them as well. John has had a discussion with my daughter as to her handgun needs, ROTC student, National Gaurd MP, avid proponent of CC. She is still a hacked off almost 20 year old that can not wait till 21. John suggested a range and trying every thing they have. She does not want a Beretta, tried out Sigs,S/W,Ruger,Colt,Walther, Glocks, etc. Has lots of questions we have worked to answer, more for them. As John told her, don't buy the first pretty gun you see. Narrow down to a couple and hit the range and put rounds down range with each, Decide what is comfortable, what you get the best sight picture and accuracy with. They will defintely get our business again this time.

I would definetely reccomend them to anyone coming to the area.

Whiskey, I'm sorry, but I gotta have some fun with this, because you sound just like me! The parentheses additions would be what my wife would say:

I have tried to be an 'anyplace' customer on a couple of occasions, but their customer service has caused me to leave without buying anything every single time. I am picky about what I want, (that's because you're an a$$hole, dear) so when I find what I am looking for (NEVER anything for me), I am usually ready to buy (again, not for me). The only thing that stops me is (the internet, because it's cheaper) poor customer service. My wife (me) won't shop with me (you) because I make such a point of being treated like a valued customer (being a prick, you mean). I don't want anything discounted (HA!), I just want service (to be treated like lord and master). If I don't get it (and trust me, mister, you AIN'T gettin' it!), I ain't buying from your company (and I ain't selling it... not to you, anyway).

:tough:

They should really treat all customers with respect, not the ones that get buddy buddy with them. I go to these places to buy guns, not make friends. :tough: Granted I haven't been in CCA for maybe 3-4 yrs mainly for the rudeness I experienced every time I stepped foot in there. There are other shops in the area with a friendlier staff. I'll happily pay a bit more if I'm treated with some shred respect.

I have to say, I had a bad (not terrible) experience there the first time I went. and it took me a few years to get back there, but the last time I was ion ther with another member it was much better. I still think the firing line is dirty and needs to be upgraded, but the people were nice, showed me what I wanted to look at, and generally helpful.

BUT I am spoiled. If you want to experience GREAT cxustomer service, clean facilities, and good selection, go to Sevier Indoor Range in Sevierville, TN. It is worth the drive from Nashville just to shoot on the range, it is that nice.

I live in Murfreesboro about 10 minutes from the Outpost. Guns and Leather is over an hour from me. I do not hesitate one second to drive the distance to the fellas at G&L. some of the best group of salesmen ive dealt with. I spent so much time in there looking and asking before my first pistol purchase...they were always a pleasure. The handfull of times ive dealt with Outpost, I promise myself that ill never bother with them again, no matter how close they are.

whoever owns that place really needs to re-evaluate his/her practices.

and they also need to kiss my a....nevermind. :popcorn:

Playing devil's advocate here...

Cash is king in retail and the customer standing in front of you with that cash is the one that get's attention. Not the guy on the phone price calling that will probably never buy anything. Saying "I was going to buy something" doesn't count when the odds say otherwise (the OP called 8 places).

Had the attendant catered to you instead of the customer, I'm sure we'd be reading a rant from the customer about being ignored when he was ready to buy. We've all read plenty of those threads before.

That said, it's still not an excuse to be an ass to callers. A simple "Outpost Armory, please hold" would have been the appropriate thing to do. Anyone that's worked 5 minutes in retail knows this.

That said, said, I hate reading bad reviews about shops. Seems we only have very few shops around that understands what it takes to provide customer service. :)

Playing devil's advocate here...

Cash is king in retail and the customer standing in front of you with that cash is the one that get's attention. Not the guy on the phone price calling that will probably never buy anything. Saying "I was going to buy something" doesn't count when the odds say otherwise (the OP called 8 places).

Had the attendant catered to you instead of the customer, I'm sure we'd be reading a rant from the customer about being ignored when he was ready to buy. We've all read plenty of those threads before.

That said, it's still not an excuse to be an ass to callers. A simple "Outpost Armory, please hold" would have been the appropriate thing to do. Anyone that's worked 5 minutes in retail knows this.

That said, said, I hate reading bad reviews about shops. Seems we only have very few shops around that understands what it takes to provide customer service. :)

I agree that cash talks and BS walks, but I run a retail operattion that the phone never stops, 90% of our phone calls is price checking, to general questions that are easily answered buy our website, paper productions, or just general knowledge. Among other things. NOW 50% of those calls never spend any money with me but that doesn’t mean I treat them any different.

And I can tell you this right now, everyone in retail (no matter what you sell) has bad days. BUT if I treated the people that called my place to “price check†or just ask a question like the outpost; we would be out of business. NO EXPECTIONS.

I have been in the outpost and Ill never go back. To me it doesn’t matter if they call or come in you better treat them with a little respect.

I have had nothing but horrible experiences at Outpost. Went there once looking for a holster after a gun show out that way and their selection was non existent and the service was also non existent. I usually buy my stuff online but decided to go local. Second time I went there was looking for some AR goodies and again the service was lousy even after I tried making small talk at the counter. When I buy local, I go to D&T or G&L no matter the location. Excellent guys at both stores and they always want to help out! I am actually getting ready to give D&T my transfer business or if G&L can make it worthwhile I will buy my next pistol from them but it's hard to beat online prices. Either way stay away from Outpost. I went into Lebanon Gun Shop once and I did not like being asked to unload my weapon before entering the store which is why I won't go back along with high prices much like Outpost.

. I went into Lebanon Gun Shop once and I did not like being asked to unload my weapon before entering the store which is why I won't go back along with high prices much like Outpost.

um....what?! Id laugh if a gun store employee asked me to do that....laugh then leave. and never go back.

I went into Lebanon Gun Shop once and I did not like being asked to unload my weapon before entering the stor

Did someone ask you to do that or was it a sign? I ask because you can carry lots of places that have a sign to unload your weapon for the purpose of gunsmithing or fitting a holster for example.