Alexander and Corker

Guest nicemac

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bassman17SC

A couple of completely useless RINOs if you ask me. Senator Alexander has stopped responding to my letters now. Back when Cap-N-Trade was up, I wrote him and asked him to vote NO. He wrote me back saying he believed in global warming, etc., etc. What a maroon! So I fired back that I, too attended Vanderbilt (like he did), had taken all kinds of science classes (including an environmental water resources class as an elective) and not one time had "global warming" been mentioned. I went on to add that our (people) relationship to the plants - i.e., we breath in oxygen/breathe out carbon dioxide and the plants inhale the carbon dioxide and expire oxygen was really a miraculous design. He has not replied since. And that was two years ago, and I have written him many letters since. Corker is just lame.

A couple of completely useless RINOs if you ask me. Senator Alexander has stopped responding to my letters now. Back when Cap-N-Trade was up, I wrote him and asked him to vote NO. He wrote me back saying he believed in global warming, etc., etc. What a maroon! So I fired back that I, too attended Vanderbilt (like he did), had taken all kinds of science classes (including an environmental water resources class as an elective) and not one time had "global warming" been mentioned. I went on to add that our (people) relationship to the plants - i.e., we breath in oxygen/breathe out carbon dioxide and the plants inhale the carbon dioxide and expire oxygen was really a miraculous design. He has not replied since. And that was two years ago, and I have written him many letters since. Corker is just lame.

Alexander is just like every other liberal - he hates facts.

I can't believe this state has never seen through Lamar once he left the governorship.

First thing he did was cripple UT -- it has never recovered to its former funding and academic ranking.

Dumb decisions while Sec. of Education, a department that should be abolished in the first place.

Thank Gawd the rest of the country dumped his presidential ambitions. Twice.

But affirmed the Peter Principle with election as US Senator, where he might as well be a Blue Dog Dem.

And padded his pockets all along the way.

Somehow he remains a favorite son. Sickening.

- OS

Alexander is the republican equivalent of Albert Gore Senior. He has built a diverse enough base to offend some of us with impunity. I have absolutely no use for alexander other than he is a mean-spirited and ruthless polititian when he sets his mind to it. He is a case-book study in how to defeat, completely disarm, and jail your political opponents. He decimated the old time "blue dog" demorat political machine in tennessee when he won the governorship against Butcher in 1978. He then proceeded to put his political enemies and their contributors in jail if possible. He is, indeed, a hard and unreasonable man when he puts his mind to it.

I believe that alexander truly believes that he is, in fact, "...the best and brightest among us..." and, as such, he does not need any input from us "delightful rustics". That's the reason some of us get these condescending e-mails explaining some silly position that he takes from time to time. I just got one about the XL Pipeline that simply regurgitated what the deal was on the pipeline and has some baloney about a 50% reduction in petroleum use from using electric cars to boot.

The good news is that you can, in fact, enrage the electorate enough to be thrown out of office. Thats exactly what happened to ole Al Senior. He voted for the infamous gun control act of 1968. He was kicked out although he was a firmly entrenched, powerful, monied, incumbent "new deal demorat" in a "new deal demorat" state. In those days, there were no republicans west of the Tennessee River at loudoun.

Alexander is a bunch smarter than ole Al was, but i thoroughly agree with OS's analysis above. Let's hope that old age, infirmity, and the prospect of the grisly reaper work together to remove ole lamar pretty quickly, as he is no spring chicken. My prediction is that we will put up with him for no more than one more term; then his precious child Bill "Snozz" Haslam with ascend the throne. From where i sit, it wont come soon enough.

leroy

Edited by leroy
formatting!!!
Guest lostpass

Glad I didn't pay for a Vandy education. You ever see a plant actually inhale?

I think there's about 100 that needs to go. Maybe I would keep a few from other states if I knew more about them.

K19 has hit a homerun here! Remember the old German Freikorps directive: "...better to shoot a few innocents than to let one guilty get away!!...". We could use a good house cleaning sweepin everything out; both good and bad. It would do wonders for the country and the political class.

Keep up the good work!

leroy

I think there's about 100 that needs to go. Maybe I would keep a few from other states if I knew more about them.

Sounds good but not likely to happen.

About the only thing we as a whole can do is pay attention to who we send in there and make our voices heard when they impose their rule. ;)