5.11 Belt aquire question

I'm asking alot of question's lately it seems so don't brush me off yet please im still learnin.

It's seems my current leather normal buckle style belt sucks a** and even tho it will keep my pants up, add atleast a medium size gun on my side and it seems i'm in the mood for doing some mooning after i walk a few steps. :up: If i tighten it one more notch i feel like i'm going to be cut in half but the gun and my pants of course dont drop but after a few secs of that i got to let off.

After seeing a refernce in another thread here on 5.11 Tactical belt's i googled the term (all hail google) and seen exactly what i need a fully adjustable belt thats built to take the weight.

Here's the question - where can i get one localy without driving a hour away?? Bear in mind im not a small boy (50") so it's hard enough to just get a regular belt off the shelf.

It doesn't have to be limited to gun only shop's. Does a place like goody's have a clone style version that will work? I have one i go near once a week but still out of the way a bit to do a casual stop.

Edited by Tobashadow
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mtsusean

Hero Gear carries them,

but you can check 5.11's website for dealers. I wear a large and have a 42" waist or so, but the belts are adjustable so there is some flexibility

Guest db99wj
If you want a traditional leather belt that will hold your firearm up, invest in a sturdy purpose-built belt. www.thebeltman.net is my personal pick. :)

:) I hit submit reply and the maintance window came up!:P

Anyway, That is a great site, I like the option you have to have the velcro already sewed in. I currently have a Don Hume and it is looking worn where the clips have slid. In fact I just took a good look at it and it looks like crap. So Dave the quality is good? They hold up well?

• Administrator
:) I hit submit reply and the maintance window came up!:P

Anyway, That is a great site, I like the option you have to have the velcro already sewed in. I currently have a Don Hume and it is looking worn where the clips have slid. In fact I just took a good look at it and it looks like crap. So Dave the quality is good? They hold up well?

I've had mine for about 6 months now and wear it daily, both with and without a holster. It looks like a quality casual leather belt and has held up very well. I'm probably going to order another in black soon.

Guest db99wj
I've had mine for about 6 months now and wear it daily, both with and without a holster. It looks like a quality casual leather belt and has held up very well. I'm probably going to order another in black soon.

Great. Thanks for the info!

It doesn't have to be limited to gun only shop's. Does a place like goody's have a clone style version that will work? I have one i go near once a week but still out of the way a bit to do a casual stop.

I wear the 5.11 Operator Belt about 4 days a week (I wear a Gould and Goodrich Gun Belt the other 3 days) and will tell you that this truly is one of the best nylon "tacti-cool" belts out there if you plan on actually using it carry a gun.

I have been issued and/or purchased about every other option available from companies such as Tactical Assault Gear, Blackhawk, Wilderness, etc and for the specific task of carrying a gun, the Operator seems to be one of the best options at a very affordable price.

Keep in mind, that 5.11 actually makes 3 different nylon tactical belts.

The only one that is a good carry belt is their Operator. All others are way too soft and flexible to serve as proper gun belts.

http://www.511tactical.com/belts.html

There are plenty of 5.11 dealers on the web if you cant find a local dealer.

5.11 Dealers in TN: http://www.511tactical.com/find-store.html

AIRSOFT KNOXVILLE

7129 KINGSTON PIKE

KNOXVILLE, TN 37919

Phone: (865) 330-0226

» Directions

COMMAND UNIFORMS

4280 MACON RD.

MEMPHIS, TN 38122

» Directions

CRAIG'S FIREARM SUPPLY

POLICE DISTRIBUTOR

8761 CHAPMAN HIGHWAY

KNOXVILLE, TN 37920

Phone: (865) 573-4567

Fax: (865) 573-0820

» Directions

GREENE MILITARY

2602 LEBANON PIKE

NASHVILLE, TN 37214

Phone: (615) 889-4161

» Directions

GREENE MILITARY

7215 KINGSTON PIKE

KNOXVILLE, TN 37919

Phone: (865) 588-5945

Fax: (865) 588-1426

» Directions

HERO-GEAR LLC

521 S COLLEGE ST

WINCHESTER, TN 37398

Phone: (931) 962-4376

Fax: (931) 962-4348

» Directions

KAY UNIFORMS

1307 CHILHOWEE AVE.

KNOXVILLE, TN 37917

Phone: (865) 524-2171

» Directions

KAY UNIFORMS

717 EWING AVE

NASHVILLE, TN 37203

Phone: (615) 256-5166

» Directions

QUANTICO ARMS & TACTICAL

2681 FT CAMPBELL BLVD.

CLARKSVILLE, TN 37042

Phone: (931) 431-7313

» Directions

SAFETY AND SECURITY INT.

1664 MALLORY LANE

BRENTWOOD, TN 37027

Phone: (615) 425-0560

» Directions

SHAPIRO UNIFORMS, INC.

3929 SUMMER AVE

MEMPHIS, TN 38122

Phone: (901) 323-6688

» Directions

-or-

You can stop in to my shop next time you are in the area, and we would be happy to sell you a good gun belt :)

Edited by BimmerFreak

I have one that I picked up at Ft Campbell this last weekend, that once I got home realized it is a size to big for me, and from the waist size you are mentioning, it might work for you. I will sell it to you at cost if you are interested so that I can get the correct size. It is the 5.11 double thickness size 2xl which goes up to size 52 waist. PM me if you are interested.

Guest shadow12
I prefer the leather 5.11 belts, got mine for $25 at the U.S. CAV store here in Clarksville. Thick and stout, holds up the GLOCK's just fine.

Thats cause the Glocks are all light weight, they are toys right..........

Sorry, just couldn't resist, I have two